BANGKOK
Percy Penguin

Where would you go instead of CM?

I'm changing my plans a bit in light of all the stories about visa problems. I need somewhere to bounce to to cut my time in CM. I'm torn between Siem Reap, Hanoi and Vientiane. I know Hanoi a bit but what about Vientiane and SR? Can anyone give me an idea of how they compare to CM, especially in terms of bars, food and massage? I like chilled out bars. If there are bar girls, all well and good, but the pushy ones are just annoying. When I go for a massage I like to chat. In Vientiane they will speak Thai - in SR will I get 'sorry me English little'?

You might try posting this question in the Pattaya forum... Most of the Chiang Mai forum member are not here looking for a chatty masseuse... :coffee1:

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sfokevin said:

You might try posting this question in the Pattaya forum... Most of the Chiang Mai forum member are not here looking for a chatty masseuse... :coffee1:

"Chatty masseuse"...you phrased that much better than I would have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Forget about Vientiane, you will get bored within weeks. Cambodia might be the easiest, with Phnom Penh leading in P4P girls (in similar ways as Thailand). 
If you want to split time and easy to get or pay for girls matter, Philippines is gonna be your best friend. 

Otherwise I would go to Vietnam for sure (direct flight Hanoi too), pretty much sure, the more time you spend there, the more fun girls / places you find too.

OR if you don't care to move every other month during the break of Thailand, you could visit each place for a month without getting bored / annoyed, 
in that case you could easily bring a Thai girl with you too.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Food was generally far better than CM

Cambodian food is better than Thai ? 😂 Are you sure you've been there?

1 minute ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Cambodian food is better than Thai ? 😂 Are you sure you've been there?

I was there in January and April this year, food was great, managed an Indian dinner almost every day.

posts removed. This is NOT an adult only forum. If you wish to discuss such things do it in the pub and not as graphic or specific.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sfokevin said:

You speak for your self!  The CM forum needs some red bloodied men with appetites for more than a cheap bottle of beer! Make CM great again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Siem reap is nicer then phnom pen cheaper then phnom pen
And have I believe from experience everything
Phnom pen is dirty city
Sr much nicer calmer good cheap food everywhere
I don't see same in pp
And English is no problem

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

but can you live in siem reap without getting bored after a week?