Where would you go instead of CM?

Percy Penguin

On October 13, 2019 at 7:21 AM, sanemax said:

Although its not the actual sex, its the paying for it .

You seem to think that people who dont use prostitutes are celibate , impotent, gay, Religious , no money or  repressed in some way .

Maybe it hasnt occurred to you that some people do participate without having to pay to participate ?

It's sad that the previous posters life revolves around hookers.

On October 12, 2019 at 8:32 PM, BritManToo said:

Hanoi (was there last weekend) is a bit too 'uptight' for me.

Siem Reap is great, has cheap beer, naughty massage, freelancers, cannabis, but is a hot as hell in the summer.

My pals all ended up in Phnom Penh, plenty of cheap beer and bar girls, and the river walk is nice in the morning and evening.

Most of the girls I encountered in SR and PP spoke pretty good English, I met a really nice one in PP.

Food was generally far better than CM, as a bonus good Indian restaurants in both places.

All the same Thai dishes but they make them with less chillis, and more coconut milk and peanuts.

I too find the food in Cambodia far better value than Thailand.

more food on the plate, French influence, western food is good, Thai curries are fabulous compared to Thailand. 

Im not going to renew my O-A becasue its not worth the hassle for the 6-7 months I want to be where its warm AND photogenic. I think that for next winter, Im going to probably use Siem Riep as my base and just split my time between there, CM, maybe even Kampot, PP and here in BKK. Basically it costs me about $20 a day for a crib and elec and water and maid, so I have all sorts of options in places to go. I probably wont do more than 3 months here in Thailand, instead of 6-7. Im a pretty mobiile backpacker.

For what I do, Siem Riep fits my needs the best for 30-60 days. My concern there has alwys been the level of med care, but I guess thats changed now.

17 hours ago, fhickson said:

hate viet dudes, and cant avoid them no matter how hard you try. im american btw.

How strange, I find it very easy to chat to Viet guys, unlike Thai men who I have nothing in common with.

Spent an afternoon with one just last weekend, he didn't spit or blow his nose once.

He was a physiotherapist, recently graduated, on holiday in Hanoi from Saigon.

Archived