Drug smugglers’ use of emergency vehicles a cause for concern, says NCB chief

rooster59

16 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Having seen the state of the emergency vehicles/ hospital transfer vehicles I’m sure it’s not difficult to make your own with few stickers and flashing lights !!

Most of the ones I have seen here in samui are pick ups with cab roof on the back, dodgy boy racer alloy wheels , more stickers visible than paint , lowered suspension , low profile tyres and enough lights for a Xmas display !! The sight of them makes me think if the accident I was didn’t kill me or disable me then being transported to the nearest hospital in one of these would !! 

n Samui there is a huge offer of ambulances, it seems that the owners make good money (like the more than a thousand taxi drivers)!

23 hours ago, Hayduke said:

There’s only one solution…the relevant committee must recommend (after a suitable amount of mulling) an immediate crackdown on emergencies.

Who is to say that staff involved in EMS are actually padding their income by smuggling? Don't you think it's fair to get off the backs of the honest smugglers trying to make a living! 

Archived