BANGKOK
TimLMT

Supplements Confiscated upon Entry

I brought a rather large supply of supplements into the country and my bags were searched and they confiscated them.  I asked why and the only answer they gave me was it was too much and that I was only allowed to bring 3 months worth.  Can anyone direct me to where I can find out more about this? where are the rules and regulations for over the counter supplements from the US?

Thanks for your help...

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

google can assist. 

hey steven, not finding google very effective at the moment... I am looking for the specific reason they were taken as a starting point.  are we not allowed to bring supplements? should I have declaired them?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TimLMT said:

hey steven, not finding google very effective at the moment... I am looking for the specific reason they were taken as a starting point.  are we not allowed to bring supplements? should I have declaired them?

hmmmm …. it will be written down somewhere, let me look into it. 

I'm sure all supplements can be bought here, just maybe not under your brand preference. Why did they stop you? Too many bags?

I have brought into Thailand , thru Swampy ,6 months supply of two prescription medicines on many occasions. Always in carry on luggage and never been asked/searched once. Both are available here but terribly expensive. The Australian PBS  helps with the cost.

• Like 2