Police offer assistance to Japan-bound passengers stranded at airports

rooster59

Police offer assistance to Japan-bound passengers stranded at airports

By The Nation

800_86eb8111059a72f.jpg

Pol Lt-General Damrongsak Kittiprapat (Centre)

The Thai police have come up plans to help passengers stranded at airports due to cancellations or delays in the departure of flights to Japan, which is expected to be hit by Typhoon Hagibis today and tomorrow.

Pol Lt-General Damrongsak Kittiprapat, Assistant Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police, said on Saturday, “Currently, we have not received any reports about passengers being stuck at the airports, but we have already asked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Airports of Thailand and the Tourist Police Bureau for cooperation.”

“We will provide meals and accommodation to passengers who could not travel to Japan and have to stay at the airport, and also search for any Japan-bound passengers who may be hanging outside the airport area.”

Related Stories:

Immigration Bureau ready to cope with flight delays from Japan as typhoon approaches

Thais in Japan told to stay indoors, prepare for evacuation

THAI adjusts Japan flight times as typhoon nears

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377351

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-13

9 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

I would think this is covered by the airlines or the travelers insurance nothing to do with police.

No vinyl boards to be seen, fake news!

...and the customary photo ops; resplendent with uniforms, medals and fanfare.

11 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

I would think this is covered by the airlines or the travelers insurance nothing to do with police.

No vinyl boards to be seen, fake news!

I don't think that airlines are responsible (legally) for providing accommodations or meals if flight are delayed or cancelled due to natural disasters, and not everyone purchases travel insurance. I was stuck once in an airport in Mexico during a hurricane where all flights out were cancelled. The airline offered us nothing and we slept on the airport floor and bought our own meals. Their response was...we didn't cancel the flight, the airport did. My experience is that airlines don't have a heart and will only make good when it is clearly their fault.

The  most interesting thing to note is  that the Police "new haircuts style  skinhead" is  still being enforced rigorously even after about 16 months, the fact that their  policing is  still atrocious and that there has been no other change is  apparent.

Style over substance as usual, where looks = VERY  important................quite pathetic.

Archived