BANGKOK
rooster59

Graves desecrated at Commonwealth war cemetery in Israel

Graves desecrated at Commonwealth war cemetery in Israel

2019-10-12T201339Z_1_LYNXMPEF9B0M7_RTROPTP_4_ISRAEL-BRITAIN-CEMETERY.JPG

Graffiti of swastikas and other signs can be seen on headstones at the Haifa War Cemetery, where about 350 Commonwealth soldiers killed in World War One and World War Two are buried, Haifa Israel October 11, 2019. Picture taken October 11, 2019 REUTERS/Herzie Shapira

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Dozens of gravestones at a Commonwealth military cemetery in Israel were desecrated in what the Israeli foreign ministry said on Saturday was a suspected hate crime.

The Haifa War Cemetery is the burial site of about 340 Commonwealth soldiers, most of them killed in World War One and some in World War Two.

Photographs showed at least 30 tombstones sprayed with red paint. Some, including a Christian memorial topped with a stone cross, were daubed with swastikas.

The vandalism was discovered on Friday.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement that the graves' desecration was "an abhorrent crime" and that Israel would do everything possible to find the perpetrators and bring them to justice.

Britain captured Palestine from the crumbling Ottoman Empire during World War One in 1917, and later governed it under an international mandate.

According to The Commonwealth War Graves Commission, 86 of the 305 World War One Commonwealth burials at the cemetery are unidentified and 36 World War Two casualties are also buried at the site.

(Reporting by Maayan Lubell; Editing by Raissa Kasolowsky)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-10-13
  • Sad 1

Wonder who could have done it ,Christian and Jewish graves desecrated , now thats a hard one ,whoever they were they need to be flogged .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I don't get it. They're calling commonwealth soldiers nazis?

Some weird symbols on those graves - anyone know what they mean?

Prank by Jewish kids?

5 minutes ago, 4737 Carlin said:

An obvious false flag to bolster the idea of a people under seige. Does anyone seriously believe there are gangs of neo nazi's roaming around Israel ?

I say "if the shoe fits, wear it"  what size shoes do Nazis wear?

10 minutes ago, 4737 Carlin said:

An obvious false flag to bolster the idea of a people under seige. Does anyone seriously believe there are gangs of neo nazi's roaming around Israel ?

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Maybe better to wait until they find the perps and the motivation can be revealed. It's definitely a puzzling crime. 

48 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Maybe better to wait until they find the perps and the motivation can be revealed. It's definitely a puzzling crime. 

I'll be most surprised if this or any other CWGC cemetery isn't yet covered by CCTV. 

Quite often just kids being stupid and *didnt know what they were doing* 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Zionist have form for killing British soldiers. Though wild speculation - as Sanemax says probably stupid kid vandals. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

Off topic, needless reference to events 80 years ago .

Tut -tut, using the desecration of war grave to spread dislike of Jews .

I thought that UK Labour party has been trying to clamp down on that sort of thing 

• Like 2

Quite often just kids being stupid and *didnt know what they were doing* 
I agree that's the most likely but this is a weird one so can't be sure.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Is it possible that Israeli kids are becoming conditioned (and perhaps traumatised) by the unceasing holocaust narrative and are growing up fearful that all westerners are potential Nazis?