Graves desecrated at Commonwealth war cemetery in Israel

rooster59

7 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

So they've completely gotten over the holocaust in Israel? It's never mentioned on TV?

Of course not ever forgetting it but the feeling about it is complicated. You have a right to your guesses but this is a very rare incident in Israel and if the perps aren't caught, we'll really never know. 

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

Where did you read about Jewish graves desecrated?

Come on.... We are talking about Bert here. He even has an aversion to basic algebra given the contributions made to it by Islamic scholars. 

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

Off topic, needless reference to events 80 years ago .

Tut -tut, using the desecration of war grave to spread dislike of Jews .

I thought that UK Labour party has been trying to clamp down on that sort of thing 

Actually, in a way it’s on topic, since virtually every reference to Israel brings an opportunity to show ones anti Semitic colors.  Note some other comments: “Prank by Jewish kids?”- seriously? That’s your 1st guess?

Or this joke:

Is it possible that Israeli kids are becoming conditioned (and perhaps traumatised) by the unceasing holocaust narrative and are growing up fearful that all westerners are potential Nazis?

Reworded:

It is quite certain that all Jewish Israelis are already aware (and perhaps very frustrated) by the unceasing defense to have a home, by the throughout history marginalization and scapegoating (holocaust is just more recent and more thorough) fact (not narrative) and have been growing up aware for years that some westerners/easterners/southerners/northerners are potentially against them!

On 10/13/2019 at 9:36 AM, bert bloggs said:

Wonder who could have done it ,Christian and Jewish graves desecrated , now thats a hard one ,whoever they were they need to be flogged .

Why would anyone be sad or confused that these people should be flogged ,what would you do?

19 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Why would anyone be sad or confused that these people should be flogged ,what would you do?

So now you're quoting your own incorrect post. Unless you can come up with something showing Jewish graves were desecrated?

So now you're quoting your own incorrect post. Unless you can come up with something showing Jewish graves were desecrated?

I don't know if any were there or not but ironically at the very same time a Jewish cemetery was vandalized in another part of Israel but that isn't surprising or interesting to people for some reason. 

People should just give it a rest and RIP to the graves as well. Unless the perps are caught nobody can possibly know the motivation. Regardless of the motivation it was obviously very wrong. As was the other simultaneous desecration in Israel at another cemetery. Also supposing the perps is a Jew? So what. That would mean they caught a criminal that happened to be part of the majority demographic of that country. It wouldn't reflect on Israel or Jews as a whole. In case anyone is confused I can assure you that desecrating graves is not a popular supported activity there. It's seen as a serious crime there the same as anywhere.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Actually, in a way it’s on topic, since virtually every reference to Israel brings an opportunity to show ones anti Semitic colors.  Note some other comments: “Prank by Jewish kids?”- seriously? That’s your 1st guess?

Or this joke:

Is it possible that Israeli kids are becoming conditioned (and perhaps traumatised) by the unceasing holocaust narrative and are growing up fearful that all westerners are potential Nazis?

Reworded:

It is quite certain that all Jewish Israelis are already aware (and perhaps very frustrated) by the unceasing defense to have a home, by the throughout history marginalization and scapegoating (holocaust is just more recent and more thorough) fact (not narrative) and have been growing up aware for years that some westerners/easterners/southerners/northerners are potentially against them!

Yes. I feel you. It's quite bizarre that even a report of a parking ticket in Israel or even involving a diaspora Jew in Nebraska predictably will result in explicit or implicit Israel demonization.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. I feel you. It's quite bizarre that even a report of a parking ticket in Israel or even involving a diaspora Jew in Nebraska predictably will result in explicit or implicit Israel demonization.

Excuse me, but objective analysis is not demonization. I analyse every culture, including my own, and I don't recognise critical immunity for anyone - especially for those who try to shout it down.

I raised a serious question whether Israeli kids' world-view might be influenced by a kind of holocaust-complex. If anyone is outraged by academic discussion of that question, then does that not go some way to prove the point?

1 minute ago, JamesBlond said:

Excuse me, but objective analysis is not demonization. I analyse every culture, including my own, and I don't recognise critical immunity for anyone - especially for those who try to shout it down.

I raised a serious question whether Israeli kids' world-view might be influenced by a kind of holocaust-complex. If anyone is outraged by academic discussion of that question, then does that not go some way to prove the point?

So what's your agenda? People should stop bringing up the holocaust? You have no idea who committed this crime and why they did so I find your focus on your "holocaust complex" theory to be rather nauseating.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So what's your agenda? People should stop bringing up the holocaust? You have no idea who committed this crime and why they did so I find your focus on your "holocaust complex" theory to be rather nauseating.

My agenda is a better understanding of the world for the sake of world peace. What's yours?

Its a shame that what so many of us refer the sacrifice so many young men gave so we can be free as we are now, is desecrated this way. I do not believe there is any Nazi faction would do this, own conclusions must be drawn to who the perpetrators are

1 minute ago, JamesBlond said:

If it's not a new theory, then I apologise to myself - I always try to be original.

Well, congratulations on policing the thread and quashing academic debate.

I'm not policing anything, dude. You can say whatever you want and responding is not policing. Again, you have no idea who did the crime and what their motivation was. 

On 10/13/2019 at 12:02 PM, evadgib said:

CWGC's coverage, along with a similar act in Belfast.

On a lighter note they reported a month ago that a desicrated WW1-2 cemetery in Iraq has been fully restored and is being tended/maintained to their usual high standard.

'Lest we forget'

There was also a memorial desecrated in the Shetland Islands. Although the scum that did it sprayed "SNP" which gives the police a bit of a clue!

On 10/13/2019 at 10:51 PM, JamesBlond said:

Ok. Perhaps you’ve honestly sought further understanding.  Many here don’t. So I’ll respond in kind. 
I don’t know what you mean by Holocaust complex. That somehow the Holocaust’s influence is over the top?  But I would say, as I did in a prior post, that understanding ones history seems like a good thing going forward.  And the Holocaust is a more recent and more vile version of what’s been going on for centuries.  So I would call it awareness of ones history not a particular complex. 
I also wonder about your statement of objective analysis, which many others would attest to as well, probably in good faith. 
Others have mentioned numerous times how Israel is singled out for its perceived injustices to Palestinians.  
Now check this news about a Muslim temple bombing with women and children included in the victims. When I last checked there were no, as in 0, comments:

Where is the outrage?   If Israel was involved you can be sure there would be 10 pages inside of an hour.  So I ask you, where is the objectivity??

7 hours ago, Harveyg said:

Ok. Perhaps you’ve honestly sought further understanding.  Many here don’t. So I’ll respond in kind. 
I don’t know what you mean by Holocaust complex. That somehow the Holocaust’s influence is over the top?  But I would say, as I did in a prior post, that understanding ones history seems like a good thing going forward.  And the Holocaust is a more recent and more vile version of what’s been going on for centuries.  So I would call it awareness of ones history not a particular complex. 
I also wonder about your statement of objective analysis, which many others would attest to as well, probably in good faith. 
Others have mentioned numerous times how Israel is singled out for its perceived injustices to Palestinians.  
Now check this news about a Muslim temple bombing with women and children included in the victims. When I last checked there were no, as in 0, comments:

Where is the outrage?   If Israel was involved you can be sure there would be 10 pages inside of an hour.  So I ask you, where is the objectivity??

Nobody cares about Muslim on Muslim bombings. Muslim on Christian or the other way round would solicit reactions, also Jews are victims or perpetrators it gets reactions.

Stop playing the victim and stop pointing at others.

31 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Nobody cares about Muslim on Muslim bombings. Muslim on Christian or the other way round would solicit reactions, also Jews are victims or perpetrators it gets reactions.

Stop playing the victim and stop pointing at others.

Im not playing victim at all.  Others made the pointing.  I'm playing accountability.

I'm questioning objectivity.  Your statement supports subjectivity.  Thats fine. Now maybe others can admit it also.  It seems you made my point.  Except I dont agree with the balance you portray in the case of solicited reactions.  

2 minutes ago, Harveyg said:

Im not playing victim at all.  Others made the pointing.  I'm playing accountability.

I'm questioning objectivity.  Your statement supports subjectivity.  Thats fine. Now maybe others can admit it also.  It seems you made my point.  Except I dont agree with the balance you portray in the case of solicited reactions.  

Of course you're playing victim. So far the most subjective post here in this thread has been made by you, the one who claims to question objectivity.

But I'm not getting into this.

Archived