Jump to content
BANGKOK
chado

Which mobile operators have "DTAC call" like app?

Recommended Posts

Which mobile operators have "DTAC call" like app? That is, with an ability to receive, send sms and/or calls via an app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TRUE has a "wifi calling" app which is similar but does not allow you to enter the # sign so it doesn't appear to be able to be used to enter USSD codes, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the True app cannot send or receive texts via Wi-Fi as compared to the DTAC app. i.e. not as useful outside of the country...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

94% of Thais use Line app. Why not just use that? Can use outside of Thailand. It's free and uses wi-fi. Can do voice and video too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, elgenon said:

94% of Thais use Line app. 

 

And yet virtually unknown in Europe. I remember someone asking me "what is your Line ID" and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Now I do of course. Also available on your Windows 10 desktop if that is helpful, as well as Android and Google.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elgenon said:

94% of Thais use Line app. Why not just use that? Can use outside of Thailand. It's free and uses wi-fi. Can do voice and video too. 

I should give to my bank my LINE instead of my phone number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 10:47 PM, Tuvoc said:

 

And yet virtually unknown in Europe. I remember someone asking me "what is your Line ID" and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. Now I do of course. Also available on your Windows 10 desktop if that is helpful, as well as Android and Google.

I finally met someone in America who had heard of it. Aspects of it seem American to me. WhatsApp seems to be the big enchilada in the states.

It's an Asian thingy. I think most Thais would say it is a Thai invention (Japanese), just like they think Tic Tok (Chinese) is Thai. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, Medicine Man said:

And the True app cannot send or receive texts via Wi-Fi as compared to the DTAC app. i.e. not as useful outside of the country...

And the true app didn't work well when i tried it.

AIS doesn't have any app like DTAC call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...