Opening company in BKK

On 10/13/2019 at 9:30 AM, parafareno said:

WHat are requirements for falangs opening up company'

Is it still you need to have 2 thai employees? What else...how much money are we talking about approximately.....

the requirements for farangs opening a company are the same as for Thais with the exception of farang can only own up to 49% of the company (don't know the rules for Americans under the Amity treaty).

the number of employees and salary has nothing to do with the business registration, only with work permit for the farang

Last time I checked on top of 2 Thai employee and the limit of 49% ownership you need to invest 2,000,000 or 1,000,000 if maried. I concluded that even if I employed my Thai familly this is a losing proposition. Too risky if your goal is to show a profit. 

8 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Last time I checked on top of 2 Thai employee and the limit of 49% ownership you need to invest 2,000,000 or 1,000,000 if maried. I concluded that even if I employed my Thai familly this is a losing proposition. Too risky if your goal is to show a profit. 

well ypu not really need to invest 1 million... i started my company 10 years ago and a new one just a few weeks ago np one check ypur bank book

11 hours ago, kralledr said:

well ypu not really need to invest 1 million... i started my company 10 years ago and a new one just a few weeks ago np one check ypur bank book

I was looking to start a company for visa purpose. You are right that you don't need any investment to simply register a company. 

No not the point. If a company is registered I suppose it can stay open forever, but may need to be closed one day which is not free as such.

As for profit. If a WP is involved they (immigration) seem to want to see some company income. Which I suppose could be paid to oneself. I'm not that clever.

8 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

No not the point. If a company is registered I suppose it can stay open forever, but may need to be closed one day which is not free as such.

As for profit. If a WP is involved they (immigration) seem to want to see some company income. Which I suppose could be paid to oneself. I'm not that clever.

Then you need to pay income tax. If you can only own 49%, need 2 Thai and need invest some money it quickly get expensive and risky. Might as well start the company in a low tax country then bring back the profit tax free the next calendar year and buy elite visa. 

Archived