EU, Britain enter intense Brexit talks as UK departure date looms

rooster59

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Good to see you are still a no-dealer - that bird has already flown for ever. Though Farige would be glad of your money and vote if you're that way inclined. 

Boris's Brino (if that's whats on offer) will render the tories extinct at the next election.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

And what any ordinary taxpayer would have experienced of a lot of EU activities? All medicines are investigated and approved by the EU Medicine Agency. Foor safety is investigated by EFSA, and in case any bad foods are found, it is mentioned in the RASFF database, see  https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/rasff-window/portal/?event=SearchForm&cleanSearch=1  

Also a LOT of items are evaluated if they are safe enough, for instance cars.

From 1 Nov onwards, all has to be done ( and financed) by the British on their own.

State nor private insured pensions have NOTHING to do with the EU, but on national scale only.

And the EU Medicines Agency was headquartered in London until quite recently 500 high paying , professional jobs which led to yet another reason to have most of the major Pharma/Biotech companies to be HQ'd and have R&d in the UK. I used to visit it often now it's in Frankfurt. Also a lot of clinical trial companies located here and through the EUMA an approval in one country meant it was an approval for all the EU - it's called regulatory alignment. Post Brexit we will have to mirror that agency to sell drugs in to the EU. It's called the cluster effect. But Bob the Cowboy Builder wouldn't know anything about that or care. 25 of the top 100 selling drugs in the world were discovered here thanks to our world class universities and research centres populated with the best of the world scientists and innovators. The EU turbocharged this already great centre in sector after sector. More wealth should have trickled down to the less well off but that was Tories, the sale of council houses , the banking collapse and offshoring globalists not the EU. Now the working class look to tories and spivs to bat for their side. Pathetic slimey cap-doffery of the most ignorant sort. 

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

With you on that and I hope so. And it will be BRINO - the worst of all world's. Better to Remain than BRINO. 

Precisely, which is why full umbilical severance is so important. 

If the EU had been a little more transparent we'd never have wanted to leave in the first place.

This bloke deserves far more coverage than he's getting; especially given the blanket coverage given to Miller/Bliar/Major/Soubry....

(Content not poster!)

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

If the EU had been a little more transparent we'd never have wanted to leave in the first place.

But leaving with no deal  crashes the economy worst of all . This makes people realize just how much we depended on the EU and will probably increase support for re-joining , which is what the rump of the UK will do in a few year - just with worse terms and much less influence. 

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

But leaving with no deal  crashes the economy worst of all . This makes people realize just how much we depended on the EU and will probably increase support for re-joining , which is what the rump of the UK will do in a few year - just with worse terms and much less influence. 

Others will leave long before a U turn enters the mind of the UK electorate.

22 minutes ago, evadgib said:

This bloke deserves far more coverage than he's getting; especially given the blanket coverage given to Miller/Bliar/Major/Soubry....

(Content not poster!)

Oh no not Robin Tilbrook again - are you in love with him by any chance - or indeed are you him ?

6 hours ago, el torro said:

We have all the facts re. our politicians - they have no respect for the electorate - but are extremely concerned about hiding this essential 'fact'.

'Facts' re brexit ?????  We have nothing other than biased opinions and biased forecasts to substantiate their opinions based on self interest!

As much as remainers pretend otherwise - there are no actual 'facts' - as it's impossible to predict the future.

Disagree with you on just about every point.

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Others will leave long before a U turn enters the mind of the UK electorate.

I doubt that, even Greece and the Italien population don't want to go back to their funny money and the Catalans want to stay as well. I can well imagine that if we do leave then after 5 years or so we will be back in again but will have to adopt the Euro.

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

I think most of the Brexiteers here (except for the Taffs) only really want.....

Image result for st george flag

Yet another error of judgement !

Any Brexiteer who can even tenuously connect themselves to the current government, will know that the party is known as "The Conservatives and Union Party" 

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I doubt that, even Greece and the Italien population don't want to go back to their funny money and the Catalans want to stay as well. I can well imagine that if we do leave then after 5 years or so we will be back in again but will have to adopt the Euro.

Rubbish! 

The Greeks would love their Drachma back. The ones I spoke to last year, and this, would welcome an exit.

Can't speak for the Italians.

11 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

...and adopt Schengen, and proper labour legislation, and proper tax laws, and no longer using the breaks on everything. And no longer being the US' lapdog (as you were with whatever party was in charge of the UK = next called Little Britain).

But I still hope that the EU will be democratic enough to allow it's citizens to vote - A REFERENDUM!!! - on accepting whatever is left of the UK back into Europe.

19 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Rubbish! 

The Greeks would love their Drachma back. The ones I spoke to last year, and this, would welcome an exit.

Can't speak for the Italians.

Let's all go on holiday talk to a few randoms and say that is the will of the people. I was chatting to my neighbour yesterday and they wanted the UK to stay in the EU. To which I said join me on the People's Match next Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

I'm an American, so gladly concede I'm not up to speed on all the politics of this. My opinion: the people have spoken and their will should be carried out.

Some of the people have spoken and I suspect many would love the opportunity to change their minds after seeing what leave really means and not the empty promises they were sold in the first place.

However there are also some who would probably vote to leave  now who voted remain before.  We will never know without a second referendum and that is being rejected by many as well.  Which means we will never know what the majority of people want.

Nothing is ever black and white and Brexit it just many shades of grey.   

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

And the EU Medicines Agency was headquartered in London until quite recently 500 high paying , professional jobs which led to yet another reason to have most of the major Pharma/Biotech companies to be HQ'd and have R&d in the UK. I used to visit it often now it's in Frankfurt. Also a lot of clinical trial companies located here and through the EUMA an approval in one country meant it was an approval for all the EU - it's called regulatory alignment. Post Brexit we will have to mirror that agency to sell drugs in to the EU. It's called the cluster effect. But Bob the Cowboy Builder wouldn't know anything about that or care. 25 of the top 100 selling drugs in the world were discovered here thanks to our world class universities and research centres populated with the best of the world scientists and innovators. The EU turbocharged this already great centre in sector after sector. More wealth should have trickled down to the less well off but that was Tories, the sale of council houses , the banking collapse and offshoring globalists not the EU. Now the working class look to tories and spivs to bat for their side. Pathetic slimey cap-doffery of the most ignorant sort. 

I agree with your argumentation, just want to correct two mistakes: The EU Medicines Agency (EMA) moved from London to Amsterdam, not Frankfurt. The EUMA you mention is the European Microwave Association, with HQ in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Despite being happily married outside their own culture for 20 years with dual national children? Methinks you should amend this text before the edit window expires ????

So you have not read any of the brexit threads?

Or are you saying that the TV Forum brexiteers are not representative for brexiteers in general?

If so, that would be good news, and I appologise for what I wrote.

28 minutes ago, damascase said:

I agree with your argumentation, just want to correct two mistakes: The EU Medicines Agency (EMA) moved from London to Amsterdam, not Frankfurt. The EUMA you mention is the European Microwave Association, with HQ in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.

Thanks I'm retired now and so not up to speed , thanks for the correction. 

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Despite being happily married outside their own culture for 20 years with dual national children? Methinks you should amend this text before the edit window expires ????

I'll have a go - Thai women don't threaten their jobs or manhood - they are 'good immigrants' and have to jump through numerous and expensive hurdles if they are to ever live in the UK. They are not muslim, and you'll never see one begging or selling the Big Issue or robbing you in the street or in your home. But all the one's I know and it's a lot hate Brexit for the ruination of the pound even though one or two voted leave way back to stop more immigrants coming in. He regrets it bitterly now. If there is a second referendum I have offered to give talks at the local temple encouraging voter registration and the importance of the EU. The Abbott is a keen remainer.....as are all the monks now. 

I have argued that the Buddha would have been a remainer 

http://www.dailynews.lk/2017/07/08/features/121266/buddhist-perspective-good-governance

Buddha’s teachings on philosophical and spiritual matters are well-known, but his teachings on social, economic, and political issues are less known. His attitude on good governance is narrated in important discourses dealing with it. Today there are unprecedented incidents of crime, violence, and immorality in society.

Basic requirements

Due to the hardship of life, without seeing any solution to the problems they face and to protect social identity, people commit theft, cruelty, hatred and violence. According to Kuutadanta Sutta, the state making an effort to suppress such action by punishment is futile and should not be encouraged. Buddha suggests a series of alternatives to eradicate crime and violence. He proposed educating the people who commit wrongdoings and economic development of the concerned by proving basic requirements of the farmers; granting of financial support to traders at the reduced rate of interest as alternative strategies.

The increase in salaries and wages of employees, opportunities in professional fields for the educated without political interference; high-quality administrative services. Buddha says when such methods are applied by a king or ruler, the people will be happy and contented, fear and anxiety will disappear; as a consequence, the nation would be free of public protests against the government. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

You seem to be suggesting that all non American Indian USA citizens are all immigrants .

Was Obama also an immigrant to the USA ?

Back in the day the best way to apply 'western christian society values' was to commit genocide of the pagan  natives or enslave them - that way they can never have a majority. Just ask Native Americans, Aborigines or Maoris....#greatbritishcivilisation

10 hours ago, el torro said:

We have all the facts re. our politicians - they have no respect for the electorate - but are extremely concerned about hiding this essential 'fact'.

'Facts' re brexit ?????  We have nothing other than biased opinions and biased forecasts to substantiate their opinions based on self interest!

As much as remainers pretend otherwise - there are no actual 'facts' - as it's impossible to predict the future.

Says he who has just posted a biased opinion based on zero facts , oh sweet irony.

I do wonder though how you have ever made an important decision in your entire life , considering you think even overwhelming expert concensus is mere biased opinion.

I guess you just rely on lucky hunches.

Mmm now what new motor shall I buy , that shiny gold dune buggy sounds fabulous , all the reviewers say its an overpriced , clunky deathtrap though.

Sod them , they are probably part of a conspiracy , they are being paid off by the competition , their opinions are self serving and biased.

They need to get up early to fool me though , that gold buggy is mine , in fact Im going to remortgage the house and buy 4 of them !

8 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Says he who has just posted a biased opinion based on zero facts , oh sweet irony.

I do wonder though how you have ever made an important decision in your entire life , considering you think even overwhelming expert concencus is mere biased opinion.

I guess you just rely on lucky hunches.

It's Brexiteers low calorie fact-free Brexit gammon flavoured lucky lunches....

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

No it isn't but the peoples vote was to leave entirely and not to stay in the single market. At least that is what David Cameron said way back in 2018.

Cameron was in the remain camp and was dismissed as project fear.

But you already knew that.

16 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

We are all nice here - methinks it wasn't me that veered off topic first but hey ho back to the grind of Brexit.....

Couse not, wouldnt be you going off-topic, must have been that horrible Tommy Robinson that went off-topic .

He deserves to be attacked again for that 

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

Boris's Brino (if that's whats on offer) will render the tories extinct at the next election.

No it wont , but I would love to see the precise calculus you used to arrive at such a conclusion.

The Johnson ( actually Mrs Mays ) deal will satisfy a certain percentage of Tory Brexit voters , the more bitter and rabid will join up with Farage.

The current polls suggest that there will then be a minority government , probably Conservative but possibly ( God forbid ) Corbyns lot. 

So you have a choice , back the current deal ( which Farage would have moved heaven and hell for 5 years ago ) or throw your toys out of the pram and risk a Labour administration that would set us back a decade.

Archived