32GB x 1 sodimm RAM stick for laptop in Thailand??

4evermaat

2 hours ago, Helio said:

@4evermaat I have the same question if its supports 1 x 32gb ram . Are you 100% sure it supports ? You bought the 1 x 32gb ddr4 and it worked ? Thanks

I just kept the 16gb stick (20gb total); i avg 30% RAM usage and rarely go past 60%.....and that's with 40+ browser tabs + 10-20 other programs open. 

MemoryToday (FortuneTown, 3rd floor??) may have 32gb sodimm stick. Worth asking/ordering/take a trip.  The in-person trip may be best.  Free installation, and you wont be charged if it doesnt work.  

1 hour ago, Helio said:

@4evermaat but you think 1x32gb will work ? I read many sites saying that maximum os 1x 16gb

You can try.  Like I said earlier, I never ended up trying as the 16GB stick turned out to be sufficient for my needs.

You must take the trip to MemoryToday.   Or go to a chain specialty shop like Advice, JIB, BananaIT, etc that has 7 day return policy.  I would actually bring the laptop with tiny screwdriver and upgrade it right there (MemoryToday they do this for you free, but most shops it will be an extra fee to get them to do it).  Keep 100% of the packaging + receipt.

In my case, I have a panel where you can access 2.5" SATA3, RAM slot , NVMe slot in one area.  Some laptops, even newer 2018-2020 models still require you to open the entire bottom panel.

Let us know how it works out.

-----

IMO, if you are on a budget 16GB RAM + SSD/NVMe drive is much better combination than 32GB RAM + HDD.

Edited by 4evermaat

Is the SSD not used to STORE data, whereas the RAM is used as a place to MANIPULATE the data? 

You can increase your PAGE FILE on the SSD to act as supplementary RAM, or a USB stick as Ready Boost.

An SSD will load everything faster, but RAM can keep more stuff open at once. If you find your computer being unbearably slow in literally everything it does, an SSD is the way to go, but if, for example, your computer only starts acting up once you open your "lots of tabs," you'll want the RAM boost.

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Helio said:

@4evermaat I not have the acer a515. I will buy or the acer a515-54g or the acer a715-74g (this one has 2 slots). So I want know 100% if the a515-54g with 1slot supports 1x32gb . You found anything over the internet?

Only some amazon.com reviews of the Samsung brand saying that it worked.   Not for the specific models listed here.  But if you check the first page of this thread, others confirmed the same within the first 5 posts:

Like I mentioned previously, the only way to know for sure is to just try it yourself.  Either order from amazon or if you are in Thailand, you must go to a shop with the desktop/laptop like MemoryToday and buy 32GB stick.    They install it and turn up the computer to make sure it is working.   But you must physically go to the store.  

Snag_91054805.png.f0465e54d2ac7afa93a51c61ef239e2b.png

The price went down since 4 months ago.  Go figure.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.   Let us know how it turns out.

PS:  here is that amazon page:  

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2666MHz-Memory-Computers-M471A4G43MB1/dp/B07N124XDS

You can see where some of the reviews and Q&A suggest that users were able to use this 32GB stick even when originally suggested 16GB was max size.   So the only way to know is to just try.