Denied entry, sent back to Frankfurt

On 10/13/2019 at 10:17 PM, fforest1 said:

WRONG.......If he was issued the visa he should 100% be let in period...I dont care how many visas he has had....

If Thailand does not want certain people here then dont issue the visa...

To not let some one in with a visa is just criminal....END OF STORY...

No, that is not the "END OF STORY"!  Even when you shout it!

Do you have that same attitude to your own country's IOs, that anyone with a visa should be let in regardless of how they may not be going by the rules?  Sure, you don't, so why apply that standard here?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

The snowbird season starts soon. Hundreds of people locate here for the winter for between two and six months; many have been doing it for years. Some even rent bungalows year-round despite only wintering here.

It will be interested to see how these regular visitors are treated by Immigration.

I’m willing to bet that they will have no problems with immigration whatsoever as they are coming for a holiday and not to stay long term

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2019 at 11:27 PM, lemonjelly said:

It should be the Thai embassy that should be refusing to issue visas rather than issuing them to people who then get refused by some low level IO with the consequence of being thrown into a cell and wasting money on flights. It’s outrageous

The "low level IOS" you describe are higher level than the clerks in the Embassy

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

"These reports are becoming almost daily now..."

Even if they were reported almost daily, which they are not, it would amount to how many? Four or five personally reported here, i.e. when it actually happened to them?   Hearsay stories about something that they, or their friend, heard don't count.

It's going to be happening a lot more than we hear about on here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/14/2019 at 12:17 AM, whitemouse said:

No! These posts are extremely helpful. Tourists need to know that Tai immigration does not honour a visa issued by Thai embassies, this is extraordinary. People need to know this! 

"Tai immigration does not honour a visa issued by Thai embassies..."

Garbage.  A tiny proportion of visitors do not have their visas "honoured".  Just like in UK, US, Europe, Australia and every other country with border checks! 

No genuine tourists to Thailand have problems with IOs at entry points, none.  Unless you can point one out, of course; go on, link to just one.  I won't be holding my breath.

7 hours ago, TSF said:

I would imagine very soon these airlines are going to get <deleted> off with the Thai immigration the amount on a daily basis they are rejecting,

One way around this would be dont fly long haul into Thailand maybe to Malaysia at least it's a short flight and spend your money there

what amount on a daily basis do you talk of. Any numbers?

I guess it is a very small amount and probably not on a daily basis

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, William Osborne said:

Its absolutely insane that a consulate/embassy can issue a visa and then be refused entry on IOs opinion.....

If think about it, it is a great business model .

1.check that the customer has funds in the account.
2.sell him a visa
3.the ticket is for Thailand, so airport taxes
4.too late to cancel booked hotels in the city (pay and don't use)
5.there is a shared "room" at the airport, of course, not for free
but as a bonus can meet people from all over the world
(Unfortunately, probably only the same sex)
6.a quick expencive return ticket
7.hungry so big shopping at duty free at the departure 

travel, shop and spend for farangs 555

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2019 at 8:23 AM, baboon said:
On 10/14/2019 at 12:26 AM, Salerno said:

What about the rest of the countries that cancel visas at the border ... should we all have faux outrage about them too?

'Your Honour, my client may well be guilty of murder. But what about the Khamer Rouge? Why aren't they in the dock instead of my client, eh?'

Dear oh dear...

Dear, oh dear, they were.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, fruitman said:

If Thailand doesn't want the westerners that's fine, but then they shouldn't give them a visa at all.

So it's been established that Thailand doesn't want westerners here, has it?  Where has that been reported?  And bizarre, irrational, Thaivisa posters' rants don't count.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/14/2019 at 3:30 PM, EricTh said:

That's why we see lots of refusals recently.

But we are not seeing "lots of refusals recently"! 

How many refusals have there been reported personally in the last few months, four or five here?   And every one of those have been shot down.

• Sad 1

On 10/14/2019 at 6:39 PM, possum1931 said:

I cannot for the life of me understand why any Thaivisa member can agree with the Thai government on this, yes it is a forum and people are entitled to their opinions, but this sure is a crazy world. if any Thai Consulate or Embassy can grant a visa after taking your money, why should a fellow countryman/woman in much the same job turn round and say no?

It is nothing short of a disgrace.

Are there any countries that don't allow their IOs to refuse entry?  Why is it a disgrace, then, that Thai IOs can do it?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Don't pretend. People don't come to Thailand repeatedly for tourism. They come for brothel visits. Let's not pretend. Name one country where Europeans/American/Australians or caucasians have married more brothel workers than Thailand? 

What are the figures that you refer to?  How about Philippines, Vietnam, maybe Indonesia?

If you arrive in the UK holding a valid visa you must still be able to:

'satisfy an Immigration officer of your intentions'. 

That is straight from the book. And it is the same for every nation in the world as far as I am aware. Like it or not the IO always has the last say. Often there are things that become apparent to an experienced IO that would not be noticed by an embassy or consulate clerk.

Not nice to be refused but the outrage at the Embassy is a little OTT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baboon said:

I would politely suggest you pay this poster no further heed, like the rest of us.

"...pay this poster no further heed, like the rest of us".

I think you mean "like I do", not "like the rest of us"

Terrible when someone has a different opinion to your own, isn't it?  And when rationality is added to the mix, well maybe the best thing, or the only thing, you could do is ignore my comments.  I'm sure that I'll get over it...somehow.

Edited by Just Weird

@Just Weird You spend your life on TVF, I guess you can guide me...

What visa do I have to apply for if I want to stay longer than 6 months (I'm 35 years old)? ED? (I don't want to study) Volunteer? (I have other things to do), Marriage Visa? (No, thank you), Retired Visa? (I can't apply for it due to my age), Elite Visa? (What a joke, the most expensive visa on the world, and if one day the government decide that enough is enough and cancel the visa of every holders, you can't say anything and you can't ask your money back). So... waiting your answer!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, falette said:

What visa do I have to apply for if I want to stay longer than 6 months (I'm 35 years old)? ED? (I don't want to study) Volunteer? (I have other things to do), Marriage Visa? (No, thank you), Retired Visa? (I can't apply for it due to my age), Elite Visa? (What a joke, the most expensive visa on the world, and if one day the government decide that enough is enough and cancel the visa of every holders, you can't say anything and you can't ask your money back). So... waiting your answer!

Trust a visa on arrival does the trick. Then commit a crime and voila - more than 6 month - easy - free of any charges at the hospitality of the Thai justice system. ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No, that is not the "END OF STORY"!  Even when you shout it!

Do you have that same attitude to your own country's IOs, that anyone with a visa should be let in regardless of how they may not be going by the rules?  Sure, you don't, so why apply that standard here?

What are the rules? 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, brianj1964 said:

The consulate gets the decision from the Embassy, the Glasgow consulate told me they needed permission from London to issue a non-imm O

For a non O, they can give tourist visas themselves and that is what we are talking about. People who live here on tourist visas. People who get a proper visa don't have an issue.

Edited by FritsSikkink

8 hours ago, falette said:

Since when elite is the most expansive visa in the world ?

tru getting long term visa to any country without a job or investment and let me know how it goes. 

elite has been available for almost 2 decades , and when they did stop it or restructured it all previously 

issued one were valid and still remain valid .

just because you can not afford it , it does non mean it’s the most expansive visa or can be cancelled at any time .

12 hours ago, falette said:

No, I spend very little of my life on here but to know how often I am here you must be here just as much.

I'm not in the position to recommend visa solutions to anyone, as you sarcastically suggest, neither have I claimed there is a visa solution for those who want to spend long periods here; why not ask the IB?  What I have said is don't try to live here on a Tourist visa, it will jump up and bite you sooner or later as a few people have found out and then they whinge about it.

If you choose to live long-term in a country that doesn't easily cater for your choice, that is your problem not Thailand's!  Thailand's job is not to find visa solutions for the self-imposed issues of 0.001% of visitors.

• Like 1