BANGKOK
En Vision

Denied entry, sent back to Frankfurt

First the government get the airport tax from your arrival and when they deport you. They also can collect a fine from the airline you arrived on .

Then you told them you are here to visit your girl friend.   you don't sound like someone on vacation.

All the government cares about is there money, that's it.

Read the new, Chinese and Indians

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

So what is the definition of a 'tourist' ? This is the problem. If you come to Thailand for pleasure or culture or a vacation, ie: not working, you are by definition a tourist. The fact that you can afford to vacation more than once surely is up to you?

This is what I'd like to know. I've been visiting LOS for 18 years (from UK). Leave restrictions in my job meant I could only visit for 2 weeks at a time, 2 times per year. I've never applied for any type of visa, because as far as I'm concerned I'm just going on holiday. 

Now my work circumstances have changed, and I'm booking a 3 week trip in Dec. 

Is there a danger I'll be turned away at Swampy for too many entry stamps?

Or has the OP simply been caught out trying to play the system? 

This is what I'd like to know. I've been visiting LOS for 18 years (from UK). Leave restrictions in my job meant I could only visit for 2 weeks at a time, 2 times per year. I've never applied for any type of visa, because as far as I'm concerned I'm just going on holiday. 
Now my work circumstances have changed, and I'm booking a 3 week trip in Dec. 

Is there a danger I'll be turned away at Swampy for too many entry stamps?
Or has the OP simply been caught out trying to play the system? 

You will have no problems whatsoever as you are what TI considers a genuine tourist.
Those having problems are those that not only have been in Thailand for months but year on year consecutively.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read somewhere that consulates will start using the same computer system as Immigration sometime next year....not sure if this is true but would be a step in the right direction.

With the new edict on health insurance for new OA applications I foresee an increase in METV applications for those who live part time in Thailand but have been using the O-A visa in the past. I am among this group, from USA , well past normal working age and spending 6-7 months a year in Thailand. When my current O-A visa and re-entry permit expire I would consider using METV but be careful to stay here under 180 days a year- hopefully this will work but who knows !  I already pay a substantial amount for Medicare plus supplement plan in USA and am not interested in purchasing additional insurance here as I can easily pay for any medical expenses incurred. 

• Like 2

This thread is great!  It finally motivated me to figure out how easy it is to use the "ignore user" button.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, notmyself said:

Many people who have previously overwintered in Thailand go elsewhere now. Of those I know it has not been change of rules/ enforcement per se but rather that they feel country has become less welcoming.

You're in a dreamworld if you think the boys coming here for the lovely weather and warm girls give a rats about hugs from immigration or some jet ski scam in phuket...too funny!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1