Denied entry, sent back to Frankfurt

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

we need to get the word out on this kind of arbitrary treatment

Maybe someone with a bit of clout could come up with a professional sounding letter about what is going on, including some of the reports on here. Then we can get together a massive list of all the half-decent newspapers and websites and just send it out via email, can't imagine it would be that much effort.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Before I moved to Thailand permanently a decade plus ago, I used to come here 3 or 4 times a year for vacations and later for preparation ahead of an anticipated move. Every single one of those visits over a period of 4-5 years was on a visa exempt entry. And never once was boo said about it, even as my passport gradually accumulated quite a collection of stamps.

Today, if I was trying to repeat that pattern, I doubt very much that it would be allowed by Immigration.

And yet all that time, I was living in my home country and holding down a full-time job in my home country. I was 100% a tourist, but one who was making a lot of repeat entries multiple times per year.

Indeed times have changed. 18 years ago, i did not need visa at all, i did monthly visa runs and at times., did not even go on a visa run, my passport went.

I believe after Thaksin was overthrown is when visa situation started to change and get tougher.

Saying that, opening a company with WP 18 years ago use to cost 150 000 baht, this days, all can be done for 50 000.

ED visa's were super easy and most schools were visa mills, people abused it and you know how it is now.

Some school use to tell "students" when they go to immgration to extend visa, if officer speaks in Thai just tell them i am slow learner. You had idiots who were onto second or third year of ED visa who could not speak or understand anything in Thai

People keep finding loop holes to "cheat the system and appears Thai authorities, finally had enough.

Again, not saying right or wrong, but it is what it is. Those on METV or SETV but living or want to live in Thailand, under the age of 50 and can not afford Elite, can always open up Thai company and get NON B, yes it cost some money to open and to keep it running, but if they are well off enough to stay in the country and claim they are not working, no doubt they can afford to open a company

Hello,
I've been reading this forum for a few days now and I really regret not following the thai visa development on social media/forums for the last months.

So just a few days ago I've been denied entry and I can get why: I've had a METV for more than 2 times, never had problems with it and thinking that it gets me through this time. Paid €175 for it, had to go to Frankfurt two times (alreday quite the hassle) and really didn't expect to get denied and send back to Germany. I was very confused, they let me wait for 2-3 hours without saying anything until I realized they actually want to send me back. I wanted to argue a bit, but the answer: you are not a tourist, what do you do here? - I explained I'm just a tourist, have savings and wanting to visit my girlfriend. The answer seemed predefined, already made the decision to kick me out but with the comment I should try again with a non-immigrant visa.

Very frustrating, costly and emotional breakdown experience. Well, I get that, IO's aciting arbitrary, rules have become more difficult.

Two more notes: my passport was filled with lots of stamps, my dress was just normal: good-looking shirt, jeans. I guess that was both a bad alarm for the IO.

Just wanna report another denied entry, and I have to say it scares me a lot. Now I'm a bit indecisive about what to do next. getting a non immigrant ed-visa? - What if they can even deny that again with my current history? What about getting a new passport? - Mine is already almost full and looks "used", so I guess I really increase my chances doing it, allthough that costs 4 weeks more where I can't get back to my girlfriend. Hard decisions.
Fly to KL and enter through land border. The safest bet now.

Sent from my Hi9plus using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, baboon said:

Different government departments not talking to each other should not be the concern of the traveller. Nor should they be expected to fund those departments in exchange for nothing but a lottery ticket.

Again not disagreeing with you, but you are telling the wrong person. I am only stating what is happening.

But lets look at it this way, what would you say if someone applied for a visa, got it approved, came to Thailand and either

1. carrying drugs

2. does not have any money to support him/herself

3. planning to do something illegal

Immigration at the border are the ones assessing the person and what they think to be their intentions in the country

Someone may have borrowed someones money to put into their account to obtain visa and show they have enough funds, but when arrived, they have no money.

Someone is coming to work or is working yet on tourist visa.

If you watch Australian or UK border patrol TV series, you will note how many arrive with tourist visa's or returning with a new tourist visa but customs or immigration becomes suspicious and after investigation determines people are lying and not genuine tourists but either working or planning to work

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, baboon said:

To suggest visas are being issued which will quite possibly not be honoured is a conscious decision, is with foundation.  There are two sides to that coin.

I don't care which department is in the wrong. It is shocking either way and shame on anyone defending them.

Me, personally not defending them but explaining why this is happening and the reasons for it.

Right or wrong is really irrelevant because nothing we can do, it is what it is and have to deal with it

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

BUT - in those cases, the (Oz/UK) immigration officials conduct a careful and considered investigation to determine the facts. They use their brainpower to consider the facts of each case and are capable of using critical thinking and then making an intelligent decision. The Thai officials refuse to look at paperwork, refuse to acknowledge large amounts of cash, and their mind is made up immediately without listening to anything the traveller has to say. But then if you pay peanuts.....

I agree with you, and this is why on another thread i said Thai way was wrong, but what i was pointing out is how and why people get turned away, same kind of principle and reasoning, just Thai way is Thai way, with very little regard and should/could be changed.