BANGKOK
En Vision

Denied entry, sent back to Frankfurt

1 minute ago, mngmn said:

Australian authorities seem to think that visiting your partner in their country is an acceptable reason to get an Australian visitors visa.

but not a tourist visa

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Stop moaning, these people are not tourist. Visiting your girlfriend isn't being a tourist, same like bein a digital nomad. Get a proper visa and don't make a fool out of yourself with your sob stories to a news paper. They will ignore these BS sob stories because you have no legal right to live here on a tourist visa.

Maybe marry his girlfriend could help him out ….?

21 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, that's a realistic figure for the O-A insurance policies listed on the TGIA website.

And yes, as things stand now, people will have to buy a local Thai policy from a participating Thai provider -- even if they have better/full coverage from their home country or elsewhere -- except for the first year of applying for an O-A where a foreign policy MAY be accepted.

The premium amounts of course are going to vary based on the individual insurer and also the age of the applicant, since 50 vs 60 vs 70 vs 80 makes a huge difference for health insurance premiums.

Well this is just super stupid . If one has existing policy with required coverage 

1 minute ago, SteveK said:

Until they start making it even harder to get a non-O on the basis of marriage.

Until …… until can count for us all in time ….as I hear now next year also for Ret Ext based on non O need also THAI insurance , not only for the O-A ones as from 31 October now 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Until …… until can count for us all in time ….as I hear now next year also for Ret Ext based on non O need also THAI insurance , not only for the O-A ones as from 31 October now 

In the mean time as company director I can not apply for social security to get free treatment in hospitals , got to love the irony 😬

• Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me at all if in the next few years that start forcing all visitors to buy insurance, and then start whacking up the amount that you need to have on deposit to 500k/1M baht. Things seem to be constantly changing in Thailand, and never in our favour.

This was already proposed , 100 baht for each and every visitor but was shelved , just about 1-2 weeks ago

• Like 2

It wouldn't surprise me at all if in the next few years that start forcing all visitors to buy insurance, and then start whacking up the amount that you need to have on deposit to 500k/1M baht. Things seem to be constantly changing in Thailand, and never in our favour.

So move to another country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

The 500K/1 mill would not disturb me soo much as the insurance , hence age higher pricing , and example not accepting foreign insurance which I have 

1 minute ago, BestB said:

In the mean time as company director I can not apply for social security to get free treatment in hospitals , got to love the irony 😬

As a company director of a proper business with a decent salary, you should be able to get private insurance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Australian authorities seem to think that visiting your partner in their country is an acceptable reason to get an Australian visitors visa.

That isn't a tourist visa, how hard is that to understand?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3