Denied entry, sent back to Frankfurt

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Interesting too is the banks not refusing transfers into Thailand on the grounds that you send or receive money too often or the money may not have been honestly obtained. Why is the junta not taking measures to limit or reject transfers to one's spouse, say? 

No because you have the Buffalo's to feed and her sisters sowing machine is broken

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, sweatalot said:

You'r right.

But: The other visas like retirement visas, marriage visas are made more and more difficult. First the money in the bank that you cannot touch for months. Then the new plans of compusory health insurance. The hassle with TM 30 ... And more hassle to be expected

That's why people are starting to look at other places like Philippines or Latin America.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, balo said:

Nonsense, ever heard of Digital Nomads?  They can work anywhere in the world for as long as they like.  International contracts , does not involve Thailand in any way except they want to live there some months every year. 

Digital nomads aren't really tourist, that's called 'working online' and the real purpose should be conveyed to immigration .

Whether immigration will create another visa category for 'working digital nomads' is another story.

Edited by EricTh

15 hours ago, marqus12 said:

Currently can book 40m2 hotel room in Patong for two people
with pool, morning breakfast included, three stars, good condition

for 350 baht with webside booking fees !

(smaller room even below 300 baht)

And they still don't let customers in "los"55555

Wow! Rockefeller is in town,

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, SteveK said:

Maybe someone with a bit of clout could come up with a professional sounding letter about what is going on, including some of the reports on here. Then we can get together a massive list of all the half-decent newspapers and websites and just send it out via email, can't imagine it would be that much effort.

Why don't you just do it?

7 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Than they should change that. It cannot be so complicated. Especially not if immigration officers can see your history in their computers. It is no excuse to give people a visa which is then denied.

A consulate has not the authority an embassy has. So it is complicated. People who live here, own an apartment, own a bike or a car, live with a girlfriend, no damn well that they aren't a tourist and shouldn't try to get a tourist visa to start with.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, whitemouse said:

German immigration follows German law - a Thai tourist with a valid tourist visa will be granted entry, and Thai tourist stays as long as visa allows. German Immigration Officer follows the law. Travellers history is irrelevant, a valid visa holder is allowed Schengen entry, simple as that.

With a suitcase full of heroin? its obvious you know little about immigration/customs procedures anywhere. IO's have the right to refuse entry in every country. Simply having a valid visa is no guarantee of entry.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, nightfox said:

Surprise surprise....Another falang trying to live in Thailand on a tourist visa being denied. When will people learn that the times have change in Thailand. Thai immigration is right saying that your not a tourist as you know your not a tourist, so why are you acting all shocked?. I would get the hint and save yourself the money on the ED visa and choose another country to live in.

I wonder what German immigration will say if a Thai citizen will have a history of tourist visas keep coming into Germany????

Does it matter what they say about one Thai guy or woman.

17 hours ago, nightfox said:

Surprise surprise....Another falang trying to live in Thailand on a tourist visa being denied. When will people learn that the times have change in Thailand. Thai immigration is right saying that your not a tourist as you know your not a tourist, so why are you acting all shocked?. I would get the hint and save yourself the money on the ED visa and choose another country to live in.

I wonder what German immigration will say if a Thai citizen will have a history of tourist visas keep coming into Germany????

If someone wants to spend their money in another country and doesn't cost that country a penny on medical services etc then what's the problem?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

If someone wants to spend their money in another country and doesn't cost that country a penny on medical services etc then what's the problem?

If someone is working without the correct paperwork then probably not paying tax or spending a lot of their time in Thailand and not paying tax on income.

In theory someone could evade paying tax to anyone by working online and moving from country to country.

Thailand getting tough on pi$$-takers???

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Rubbish! Do you know how much easier it is for a tourist from Germany to visit Thailand than it is the other way round?

In some ways, Thai immigration is taking revenge on those countries, particularly western ones, for making it difficult to impossible for some genuine Thai tourists to visit and spend money

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That`s simply not true! Noone with a decent job/property in Thailand gets denied from the Germany Embassy in Bangkok. That counts for tourists with a fixed itinerary and thai gf`s coming for a visit. But what do you expect, when some low-class woman without a job or a sub 20k Baht job goes to the embassy, asks them for the maximum stay, tells them she and her teerak met during his 2 weeks holiday in Thailand and so on? lol Those are no fake stories, as my gf saw that happen every time when she went to the German embassy. She never ever got a problem and all I had to do was the usual invitation letter. She pays the flights, insurance everything on her own, so do all her friends with farang bf`s. 5 min Q&A at the embassy with some pics of us together....that`s it. 

So the process isn`t really that time-consuming + with the clear set of laws/rules a Thai tourist with a visa knows he/she won`t face problems at the immigration. She has the 1 yr visa knowing exactly what is the maximum period of time she could spend in theory in the Schengen-Area. 

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, dimitriv said:

1) German immigration will follow the law. Which is written, clear to everybody, and is the same at all airports.

2) They would not have given him a visa to begin with. 

And so will all the other SCHENGEN countries, german visa's are the same as for all those countries.

If Thailand doesn't want the westerners that's fine, but then they shouldn't give them a visa at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

That`s simply not true! Noone with a decent job/property in Thailand gets denied from the Germany Embassy in Bangkok. That counts for tourists with a fixed itinerary and thai gf`s coming for a visit. But what do you expect, when some low-class woman without a job or a sub 20k Baht job goes to the embassy, asks them for the maximum stay, tells them she and her teerak met during his 2 weeks holiday in Thailand and so on? lol Those are no fake stories, as my gf saw that happen every time when she went to the German embassy. She never ever got a problem and all I had to do was the usual invitation letter. She pays the flights, insurance everything on her own, so do all her friends with farang bf`s. 5 min Q&A at the embassy with some pics of us together....that`s it. 

So the process isn`t really that time-consuming + with the clear set of laws/rules a Thai tourist with a visa knows he/she won`t face problems at the immigration. She has the 1 yr visa knowing exactly what is the maximum period of time she could spend in theory in the Schengen-Area. 

My gf is a low class lo-so Isaan girl without a job or property. So you are saying that it’s correct for her to be denied a visa if I want to take her to Europe for a holiday ?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

39 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Why can't you just get the proper visa?

If you haven't got the money then save it up. But if you come, come on the correct visa and you will be ok.

I think it's because for decades, the norm is to go for visa/border runs and they can stay indefinitely.

But it seems that starting this July 2019, immigration has cracked down on these 'tourists' after the head of immigration became aware of these activities.

That's why we see lots of refusals recently.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I would imagine very soon these airlines are going to get <deleted> off with the Thai immigration the amount on a daily basis they are rejecting

They won't, since 95% of the daily reports of rejections on a specific Thai visa forum are fake.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, lkv said:

They won't, since 95% of the daily reports of rejections on a specific Thai visa forum are fake.

The airline representative assigned to my case and some american guy said they were fed up will all the recent denial but they can't do much about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's becoming risky to visit Thailand these days if you've been before.

I can see a situation where people arrive in December 2019 for their annual winter holiday having spent 3 months say December 2018 to March 2019 (90 days) the previous winter only to be rejected for their annual holiday.

They're now rejecting people who don't live here and aren't doing 'visa runs' - they're rejecting people who like to go on holiday frequently.

Airlines should take action on this.

I would like to see some official warnings from the European governments about tourists being subject to random rejections on arrival.

Austrian Embassy already giving out warnings of random rejections when getting the visa. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, wisperone said:

So people work for months to save for their trip, plan for months, spend money on expensive plane tickets, book hotel rooms, travel for as much as 30+ hours to get there.....and all the time wondering am I going to be let in or sent back home. Seriously, is it worth the stress, time, money aggravation?

Yes - they are tourists on a trip of a lifetime - there is no way whatsoever a family / individual would be denied entry - they do not have a passport full of stamps - don’t be silly 

• Like 1