Non-Immigrant O visa (marriage) is this still an option?

First off apologies if this topic has been covered already ......

My multiple entry Non-Immigrant 'O' (marriage) visa runs out in November. I have looked into applying for a new Non 'O' visa as per normal from the Thai London embassy, but I have been directed to the new online Thai visa website (thaievisa.go.th), when I look for a non-Immigrant type "O" visa this is not shown as an option, the only option that comes up is a Long Stay O-A visa. 

My wife is Thai and we have property here but also in the UK so we split our time between the two, I am still working (not in Thailand) so not yet retired (I am 50 though). As I am still working I am not a long stay person, I only stay around 30 days per time, but I want the Non O as to purchase items & for my Thai driving license etc. so of course need a non-immigrant visa for these. 

Am I missing something or is this correct that the standard multiple entry Non 'O' (marriage) is no longer available? 

I also see that the O-A visa comes with a load of new requirements (medical cover) - I have full international BUPA cover with my work (even when I am in Thailand) which is far more that what the Non O-A requirement states, but BUPA is not on their list!

Thanks in advance 

The multi non-O is no longer available from the UK, since the advent of the e-visa system on 14th June this year.

HCMC Consulate in Vietnam still does them! 

I was looking at the O-A as well, as an ME replacement, but the advent of that compulsory health insurance, seems to have killed it's possible usefulness. The Thai insurance policies associated appear to give as a condition, that you have to have been staying in Thailand for more than 6 months in a 12 month period. Using overseas policies is noted as an option for the first year of O-A, but the insurance company apparently has to sign a certificate (which legally and practically seems very very, unlikely). Watching as things develope though.

I looked at the marriage extension with multi-re-entry, but that's no good as the will only process it after 60days and there is a minimum of 30 days processing. ( I don't want to be out of the UK for more than 90days at a time).

Looks like perpetual single non-O SE applications, every time I'm back, unless HCMC are still doing them, the middle of 2020.

It's all a bit disappointing.

Edited by UKresonant

Single entry Non O (Marriage) is the only one available.

I just got one at the Glasgow consulate, Kay Wishart who looks after the process accepted my documents as scans attached to an email and then sent them electronically to London.

Applied on a Monday, approval from London took two days.

Visa was issued by appointment on the Thursday.

I find the service at the Glasgow consulate is excellent, Kay also advised me to call or email before applying each time as the goalposts may have moved.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

I just got one at the Glasgow consulate, Kay Wishart who looks after the process accepted my documents as scans attached to an email and then sent them electronically to London.

I find the service at the Glasgow consulate is excellent, Kay also advised me to call or email before applying each time as the goalposts may have moved.

That's the way I'll be doing it in April next year, Kay is very helpful.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

28 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

I’ll second that Kay does an excellent job

• Like 1

Many thanks for your replies - I think next time in we will have a couple of days up in HCMC to apply for the Non O.

I wish I could apply for a Non O multiple entry in Glasgow as this would defiantly be the best option for us but alas.....

The visa process and requirements are really getting harder here, I hope my retirement plans can still be realised, as we have property in Thailand - my wife has gone through the full UK visa system and now has British Citizenship and passport, the process was not easy and its almost poetic that Thailand are now making things difficult. I only hope that they see sense and relax some of the new requirements if credible alternatives are already in place (medical insurance for instance).

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 11:08 PM, UKresonant said:

The multi non-O is no longer available from the UK, since the advent of the e-visa system on 14th June this year.

HCMC Consulate in Vietnam still does them! 

I was looking at the O-A as well, as an ME replacement, but the advent of that compulsory health insurance, seems to have killed it's possible usefulness. The Thai insurance policies associated appear to give as a condition, that you have to have been staying in Thailand for more than 6 months in a 12 month period. Using overseas policies is noted as an option for the first year of O-A, but the insurance company apparently has to sign a certificate (which legally and practically seems very very, unlikely). Watching as things develope though.

I looked at the marriage extension with multi-re-entry, but that's no good as the will only process it after 60days and there is a minimum of 30 days processing. ( I don't want to be out of the UK for more than 90days at a time).

Looks like perpetual single non-O SE applications, every time I'm back, unless HCMC are still doing them, the middle of 2020.

It's all a bit disappointing.

The 90 days Non-Immigrant O is available in the UK when you apply for the e-visa online. You must register and activate the account.

I showed a screenshot yesterday in another thread. 

30 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The 90 days Non-Immigrant O is available in the UK when you apply for the e-visa online. You must register and activate the account.

I showed a screenshot yesterday in another thread. 

Yes, thanks for that, but the object of desire is the now discontinued (in the UK) non-O Multi-Entry Visa.

I may tackle the e-visa sometime, but Dad and I will just apply to the local consulate six or seven times a year, instead of doing two applications by post to London each year as our previous routine.

The last interesting ME visa from London was the O-A, and it's just been made to be of no interest to us it would seem.

28 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

Yes, thanks for that, but the object of desire is the now discontinued (in the UK) non-O Multi-Entry Visa.

I may tackle the e-visa sometime, but Dad and I will just apply to the local consulate six or seven times a year, instead of doing two applications by post to London each year as our previous routine.

The last interesting ME visa from London was the O-A, and it's just been made to be of no interest to us it would seem.

The name of the thread is:

"Non-Immigrant O visa (marriage) is this still an option?"