Honda Xre 300 Rally - 2019

moskito

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

has anyone heard anything about the new HONDA Xre 300 Rally 2019 model IN THAILAND??

I was wondering today when i watched a movie of some fellas in Peru riding the bike.
It seems very common already in SouthAmerica, Peru and Brazil having them on sale.

Xre_series_1.jpeg

Xre-300-rally 2019 01.jpg

South American market only.

Huge market, loads of stuff they have, that the ROW (rest of the world) does not get.

Surprised it even has what looks like EFI.

Ditto SEA market gets a bunch of models the ROW does not get in the smaller capacities.

12 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Compare the engine with a CRF250L / CB300 - note the changes.

?? dont get it. Its 50cc more and it will help a lot with the 27hp she has.

I sold my CRF250Rally after a year because it is totally underpowered for a 160kg bike with a 100kg rider. OK i try to loose some weight but it doesnt make it any better.
My CRF 250L is absolutely great, much more torque.

I was thinking about buying the new 2019 CB500X but since there is MAY BE a 300cc coming our way, i wait a bit. I need a as light as possible bike for a long trip with some real offroad  parts in it.

was also thinking of buying the Rally again and adding a big bore kit and some other sprockets, may be it helps a bit 

8 minutes ago, moskito said:

?? dont get it. Its 50cc more and it will help a lot with the 27hp she has.

Read his lips.

Completely different engine designs.

Air cooled 300 South American market ONLY (maybe Africa too) with trad DOHC vs water cooled 250 with unusual valve/rocker arrangement sold throughout the world.

11 minutes ago, moskito said:

I sold my CRF250Rally after a year because it is totally underpowered for a 160kg bike with a 100kg rider. OK i try to loose some weight but it doesnt make it any better.
My CRF 250L is absolutely great, much more torque.

? ? ? ? ?

Same motor.

12 minutes ago, moskito said:

there is MAY BE a 300cc coming our way, i wait a bit.

You've got a long wait.

Or move to Peru.

13 minutes ago, moskito said:

I was thinking about buying the new 2019 CB500X

13 minutes ago, moskito said:

I need a as light as possible bike for a long trip with some real offroad  parts in it.

There is an oxymoron if i ever saw one.

The bike you are looking for, (you said you can wait), will be available early next year for around 419-439k and is called a Yamaha Tenere 700.

50 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

The girl comes with the bike? 

If it does, I take one too.????????

Thaiguzzi is on the right track.

What is the difference between the CFR 250 Rally & L other than cosmetic?

Yes, the Yamaha Tenere 700 should suit your needs very well, those 250 or 300cc off-road bikes can hardly go 120km/h on the highway, no spare power and they are almost red-lined, engine screaming. 

3 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

If it does, I take one too.????????

Thaiguzzi is on the right track.

What is the difference between the CFR 250 Rally & L other than cosmetic?

Yes, the Yamaha Tenere 700 should suit your needs very well, those 250 or 300cc off-road bikes can hardly go 120km/h on the highway, no spare power and they are almost red-lined, engine screaming. 

Agreed. Some "extra power" is often very helpful NOT to have an accident. I think I'd fall asleep on a 200 cc and be in the news here. 

I know the Yamaha Tenere,  phantastic bike, may be  i am lucky and win the lottery before than i can afford it. I am unfortunately just a German living here and have to keep my money together a bit. So since i need some money for my tour, i have to save a bit.  I know guys doing the trip i am planning with C90s and since i concider me a biker and not a weekend rider, i would also  go on my CRF250, i am having no problem sitting 1000km on a ride from Phuket to Saraburi.
The L is btw much lighter and i am having different spokes on it. I dont wanted to  change the set up on the Rally, which is nearly 20kg more heavy due to the plastic parts and i have no idea what else making her so grandmom....
:
I was riding an XT500 since 1978 and i just love this light bikes, i dont need a Transalb or an Africa Twin, nor a GS Monster to travel. I did a bit more than 50k km on my L in the past 4 years in Thailand and i its still enough power for me, even if it is fun to ride sometimes a bit faster than 120-130kmh but to be honest, i am not one of this organ donors riding Ducatis with 180 on Thairoads... 

However, thanks for the Answers, i was just wondering if HONDA will  bring this bike to the Asian market too, even if it has a totally different engine and cooling set up, i dont see why not... ok, may be Peru, Colombia and Brazil are cooler countries ????

I am also not a mechanic, unfortunately not having much clue of engines, i can do other things ????
Moving to Peru, good idea, Uruguay is still on my list, i am not close to 60 yet so still thinking of having a relocation.
I am still going with HONDA since it is ASIA and HONDA is everywhere.

Many Hondas arent made by Honda , or for the world market. This bike is one of them. Engine could be similar to an XR 250/400. Another Brazil bike is the  CRF230F. The Kawasaki KLX 250 is 30-40 KGs lighter and may be a better choice , but as you already have a CRF , use that. Common and east to fix.

4 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Many Hondas arent made by Honda , or for the world market. This bike is one of them. Engine could be similar to an XR 250/400. Another Brazil bike is the  CRF230F. The Kawasaki KLX 250 is 30-40 KGs lighter and may be a better choice , but as you already have a CRF , use that. Common and east to fix.

Thx KTM Jeff, Kawasaki is a NO GO for me since i really had a lot of trouble with a bike i bought at the new Kawadealer in Phuket town 10 years ago. Weak framework, stand broke out of the frame. after welding it, it broke again and the hole in the frame became bigger, long story short, after a lot of fighting Kawasaki in Bkk agreed to a new frame, they promised to make the same number inside...they did not. Just 3 month ago i wanted to renew insurance and tax and they told me not same frame number, so Kawasaki again and after about a month they sent a new frame and changed all the parts back to the new one for the second time. I dont know much but i know a bike doesnt become better when you take everything off and fix it again.
:
one experience like this is enough for a lifetime. Kawasaki is also not very good in rust and fairing parts, HONDA is just better quality, Plastic parts keeping their colour longer and there is not so much rust after a couple of years.
:
i think you are right, i stick to my LRP ...or going for the CB500X

I put an aftermarket exhaust on my CRF250 and it sounded vile and robbed even more torque. I then had a local metalworker gut the cat and silencer then replace with a straight through centre pipe and wadding. Sounded great, nice and deep note BUT the main gain was MUCH more torque and still the increased top end with the nasty exhaust.

I then had the engine modded to CBR300 spec including injection system and got the same torque increase again. Now a completely different bike and I love it;-)

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2019 at 8:44 PM, Gnasher328 said:

I put an aftermarket exhaust on my CRF250 and it sounded vile and robbed even more torque. I then had a local metalworker gut the cat and silencer then replace with a straight through centre pipe and wadding. Sounded great, nice and deep note BUT the main gain was MUCH more torque and still the increased top end with the nasty exhaust.

I then had the engine modded to CBR300 spec including injection system and got the same torque increase again. Now a completely different bike and I love it;-)

congrats, loving the bike is key. 
i bought one of this Yoshimura exhaust systems for my CRF250L but it was really just too noisy and ok, it had a bit more torque but i didnt care for this since i kind of didnt like the pipe, so i sold it again. Instead i did a diet and lost 18kg of weight in 4 month and it was really much better for my bike as the exhaust i bought before ????
I am happy with her too, ????
My Rally i sold already, my next one is the CB500X just checked for it yesterday and i get her on monday... hope i can sleep ???? 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Randell said:

Is this location Kata  Noi in Phuket if so brought back lots of memories. Great photo by the way well done 

Hi Randell,
its made from  the street behind the View point between Kata and NaiHarn. There is a Restaurant i think its called Sabai Corner or something like it.
have a great weekend
mos
:)

and to anyone with a motorcycle and intresting in travelling Thailand and Asia, contact me, i have a couple of trips in my head and its always more fun with company - Phuket to Sumatra - Bali for example ;)

23 hours ago, moskito said:

Hi Randell,
its made from  the street behind the View point between Kata and NaiHarn. There is a Restaurant i think its called Sabai Corner or something like it.
have a great weekend
mos
????

and to anyone with a motorcycle and intresting in travelling Thailand and Asia, contact me, i have a couple of trips in my head and its always more fun with company - Phuket to Sumatra - Bali for example ????

I hope you enjoy the 500 seems like a great bike for Thailand and surrounding countries. I remember that View point well. I lived in Patong area for 12 years but had to leave after the tsunami and up to the wife's village in Chiang Rai. I love it up here but do miss the coast and the beaches  good luck with the upcoming journeys. You sure caught that bit of coast line beautifully.

Archived