Am I likely to be denied RE-entry at BKK?

The reason is that I will apply for a METV for the first time and I start to worry now how it'll go.

I hope you guys can provide some info.

I've been in LoS about 19 times before. Always on visa exempt. I got visa extension twice, only. 17 times were between 1-4 week trips.

Last time was in November last year. This will be the first time this year. But I planed a long stay.

My plan is :

- 2 months in Pattaya. Booked a condo and paid for 1 month. The landlord said I could pay when I check in.

- 18 days in the Philippines, return ticket BKK-Manila already paid. Hotels already paid in Manila & Cebu.

- Return to LoS, have booked the same condo for these 2 months

I have my return ticket home from BKK right after these 2 months

to sum up: 2 months in LoS + 20 days out to Phil + 2 months in LoS.

20th of November 2019 -  17th of April 2020

In my 1 year old passport I got only 2 stamps from LoS (3 weeks in Augus 2018 + 2 weeks in November 2018)

How does this sound??? Any chance to be refused ???? and I especially worry about the RE-entry in February.

Is it better to have a SETV and apply for an other in Phil. ??

instead of a METV from home

I had a plan to buy a MC in Pattaya for my upcoming trips, but it seems like a very bad idea!!!

With so many visa exempt entries, I do think there is a risk of denied entry.

In the past, I would have said that having a visa would be much better. Now, it is not clear that it any longer helps you. Further, applying for a tourist visa in Manilla is sometimes hard.

I wish I could give you firm advice but, in the current rapidly evolving environment, there is no safe way of visiting as a tourist with previous history other than flying to a neighbouring country and entering by land.

• Like 1

No, you will not have a problem to enter Thailand with a visa, as your history is dating 1 year back in time. Except if the exempt entries is not following each other so they point to an exessive long stay on short stay visas.

However, now you have the right visa for your trip, so I believe you will be fine.

13 hours ago, Los Luver said:

Thanx guys for these replies 

I wished if I got more answers, that'd make sure of what it might happen.

Unfortunately, nobody can give you a definite answer. I'd say you will probably be fine, but ultimately that's just an educated guess based on a few factors that are in your favor.

Make sure to have everything they might ask for when entering. In particular, having a flight out within 60 days could be helpful if they question you.

• Thanks 1

OP, you will get many suggestions most of which are sensible. Just to add to your options for thought. I would fly in with setv. That takes care of your 2 months in pattaya. Keep in mind that you have 2 visa exempt entries at border up your sleeve this calendar year. I wouldn't do the second setv from Phil. Pity you have the return flight to bkk esp if that involves DM. You could have flown elsewhere and used your border entry. Bit of mucking around but safe. Added note, I was surprised to find out that flights from KL to Vientiane and from Saigon to CM as cheap as they are. In reality there should be no reason why you should not be able to fly back from Phil visa exempt, but big risk at bkk airports.

Many will suggest METV nothing wrong with that idea.

Good luck

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

You should be alright because you haven't spent time in thailand this year.

I don‘t think there is anything to worry about with a multiple entries visa from your home country and with your past visits history, which shows that you were and are a genuine tourist. Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

When thinking of what visa to get depends nowadays on how old you are. Under 50 your options are limited to SE, ME visa's or visa exempt, unless you are married to a Thai. If you are over 50 then you do have other options, available.

36 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The problem wont be the license, but the paperwork to be able to buy the bike and register it and pay tax etc. 

And getting a Thai licence if he doesn't have a UK/USA or whatever licence. Not a ten minute job.

He could always get a Thai girlfriend and stick it in her name. ????????????

Edited by overherebc