Army chief does not expect everyone to believe him, says Army spokesman

webfact

Apirat-Komgsompong2.png

Army Commander-in-Chief General Apirat Kongsompong did not force or expect anyone to believe in what he said yesterday about a “hybrid war” being waged by a collection of ill-intentioned politicians, remnants of communist ideologies and anti-establishment elements to destroy the country, said Army spokesman Col Winthai Suvaree Saturday.

In an attempt at clarification, he said that the army chief’s controversial speech, entitled “Our Land from a Security Perspective”, was based on the personal experience of a man in charge of national security, statistics from real operations and assessments of global, regional and national security situations, in order to provide the people with an accurate understanding of the situation.

Colonel Winthai said that, previously, there were elements which spread distorted information or fake news to mislead the public, adding that the army chief merely wanted to present facts from a man with personal experience and responsibility of security affairs, and members of the public can use their own judgement when deciding to believe or not to believe what he had said.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/army-chief-does-not-expect-everyone-to-believe-him-says-army-spokesman/

thaipbs.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, webfact said:

It's getting to the stage where nobody will believe any person with any power here, as most of what they come out with is utter <deleted>. The fact that a certain P.M claims to care about the poor and needy, is a classic example ! 

These faux military boneheads are only adept at making themselves look and sound foolish.

Decked out with rows of medals and ribbons despite only ever having stood over portions of their own populace while somehow ammassing wealth and riches far beyond real, professional, virtuous soldiers ever would.

Their propaganda and lies are getting more desperate and outlandish. The world has changed and one day in the future their debt to the truth, and to the country will have to be paid. It is inevitable, just a matter of when.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Army Commander-in-Chief General Apirat Kongsompong did not force or expect anyone to believe in what he said yesterday about a “hybrid war” being waged by a collection of ill-intentioned politicians, remnants of communist ideologies and anti-establishment elements to destroy the country, said Army spokesman Col Winthai Suvaree Saturday.

"did not force or expect anyone to believe in what he said yesterday"No he did not use "force" yesterday but I fear it's only a matter of time before he does "force" people to believe him!

Are Prayuth and his mates the "ill intentioned" politicians destroying the country? 

The problem is that he probably doesn't believe it either. It is all about being seen and heard giving the performance. My concern is that once people are in this kind of power structure, there is no way out and the performance knows no boundaries.

Anyone who thinks he actually believes what he says is naive at best. It is much more complicated and multilayered.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Colonel Winthai said that, previously, there were elements which spread distorted information or fake news to mislead the public, 

Now general Apirat has selflessly taken on this onerous task.

What a great guy !!

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Must be things like this. When I googled, it came up with Genestealer Hybrids with Heavy Weapons

image.png.42eb645478498bb105ad9d01d1199ee4.png

Just what they need ,and I bet they will pay a lot of money for them

regards Worgeordie

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Must be things like this. When I googled, it came up with Genestealer Hybrids with Heavy Weapons

regards Worgeordie

Ha ha! If you look very closely, near the bottom I can see the part number is GT-200 Mk2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

"Army Commander-in-Chief General Apirat Kongsompong did not force or expect anyone to believe in what he said yesterday about a “hybrid war”............"

Sounds like he has been given a message that he has opened his big mouth far too wide. Furious back peddling is required to save face.

14 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Sounds like he has been given a message that he has opened his big mouth far too wide. Furious back peddling is required to save face.

Would have to come from on high to make him backtrack like that.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In an attempt at clarification, he said that the army chief’s controversial speech, entitled “Our Land from a Security Perspective”, was based on the personal experience of a man in charge of national security, statistics from real operations and assessments of global, regional and national security situations, in order to provide the people with an accurate understanding of the situation.

or PARANOIA to most of us normal people

55 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

59 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The one on the left looks a bit like my Black & Decker drill.

Army Chief: a collection of ill-intentioned politicians, remnants of communist ideologies and anti-establishment elements 

Army Spokesman: Army Chief merely wanted to present facts

Army Fact Presenter: Can't present any facts today, it's a holiday

10 minutes ago, Bundooman said:
1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

The one on the left looks a bit like my Black & Decker drill.

Exactly! Hence the name GT-200 Mk2.

Archived