Army chief does not expect everyone to believe him, says Army spokesman

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Caine said:

Army 555, never fought anyone in the whole history of Thailand. 

Not true. They will always fight unarmed civilians and have a history of victory.

And then there was the few hours they fought off the Japs before running and hiding back in the barracks.

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Whats with the military making a lot of noise lately? another coup in the pipeline

Or S F A to do.

No lawns to mow, cars to wash, shopping trollies to wheel from the store to the car, don't even have to drive themselves - seems they are bored sh1tless. 

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

What about the elected government? You do understand there was an election don't you? Or are you one of those never-been-to-Thailand types whose only knowledge of the country comes from this forum?

was it called (the so called election), a fair and just, above board all inclusive event for the population to cast their unhindered franchise to advance the country? 

The advice from a long term resident who has taken an interest in Thai politics over a long period of time would be appreciated - just to clear up the matter of the latest manipulated free election - but please don't spend too much time on the justification - just a couple of high-lights will do.    

7 hours ago, cmsally said:

The problem is that he probably doesn't believe it either. It is all about being seen and heard giving the performance. My concern is that once people are in this kind of power structure, there is no way out and the performance knows no boundaries.

Anyone who thinks he actually believes what he says is naive at best. It is much more complicated and multilayered.

And that's the frightening truth.... these guys are for real in power!

Ah, I see where this is going. Create boogeymen and make things go bump in the dark, scare Thais into believing there is need for continued military rule (yes, that is what it still is), and keep the military government relevant. And fat stubby fingers, hands and arms in the trough.

9 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Another self important military windbag in the Thai army spouting nonsense.  Who would have thought?

The big problem is that he has the power to back up his words.

He is from a different faction in the Army from Prayuth.

6 hours ago, Caine said:

Army 555, never fought anyone in the whole history of Thailand. 

Not strictly correct at all.

Actually they did in WW1 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Thailand

Siam's next conflict was its two-year involvement in the First World War, fighting on the side of the Entente Powers, the only independent Asian nation with land forces in Europe during the Great War.[14] The result of this intervention in 1917 was the revision or complete cancellation of some of the unequal trade treaties with the United States, France, and the British Empire – but not the return of the bulk of the disputed Siamese territories lost in the previous century.[15]

They were on the Japanese side in WW2 though there were elements active against Japan by Thais, though not the regular army.

They also fought in Korea on the allied side, and for 5 years in South Vietnam. 

Thailand was however more involved with the secret war and covert operations in Laos from 1964 to 1972.

As I said yesterday. Time to clip his wings or he will be marching up the Champs Elysee..oops, wrong country, but you know why I mean.

The army is no longer in the shape of the current PM, it is run by this dude, who clearly sees his future, as did the current PM. Seems to me, this is now you get to be PM.

Just now, Scott Tracy said:

As I said yesterday. Time to clip his wings or he will be marching up the Champs Elysee..oops, wrong country, but you know why I mean.

The army is no longer in the shape of the current PM, it is run by this dude, who clearly sees his future, as did the current PM. Seems to me, this is now you get to be PM.

Their Champs Elysee is Ratchadamnoen. But there is a big and important Monument in the way. If high authorities think this should be removed things could become scary.

20 minutes ago, greeneking said:

Their Champs Elysee is Ratchadamnoen. But there is a big and important Monument in the way. If high authorities think this should be removed things could become scary.

Already at it: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/12/28/monument-marking-defeat-of-royalist-rebels-removed-in-dead-of-night/

I guess they'll let the victory monument stand. Newer addition.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, emptypockets said:

What about the elected government? You do understand there was an election don't you? Or are you one of those never-been-to-Thailand types whose only knowledge of the country comes from this forum?

Not an election, but a manipulation.

Archived