Thanathorn says General Apirat’s controversial speech may fuel hatred among Thais

webfact

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

I always thought it was a meteor and more volcano activity not what you said. Do you have anything to back up what you said ? I mean who taught you that ? Or did you just wanted to look cool with your reply ?

It’s an analogy, you apologist. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, robblok said:

I doubt your right otherwise the party supporting the military would not have gotten so much votes. So a lot might hate the army but a lot seem to like them too. 

I suggest reading to understand, how they were going to have plenty of votes regardless.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-election-rules-explainer/numbers-game-how-thailands-election-system-favors-pro-army-parties-idUSKCN1R20OV

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I doubt your right otherwise the party supporting the military would not have gotten so much votes. So a lot might hate the army but a lot seem to like them too. 

I don't think that's true as no campaigning allowed for ages and the EC changing the rules is not a fair election. More people voted for the other parties than the Army Party and they even banned one party.  24% of the vote does not constitute a mandate when 76% voted against them.

Just now, BobBKK said:

I don't think that's true as no campaigning allowed for ages and the EC changing the rules is not a fair election. More people voted for the other parties than the Army Party and they even banned one party.  24% of the vote does not constitute a mandate when 76% voted against them.

Fair or not they gotten a lot of votes, people seem to forget it and make it out like everyone was against the army. That is just not true. I want them gone but unlike some posters I won't twist the facts. They had as much votes as the PTP.. I dont think that is a little bit. 

Also to count all parties as against the military is again a distortion of facts. The democrats and Bumjaithai are not votes against the military per se. Votes for future forward were. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its not true.. I guess that is the difference i keep to facts and you dont. 

It’s an ‘analogy’. I’m sure you use them in your first language too. 

Here’s a fact for you: Thaksin isn’t the PM anymore. He hasn’t been for while. Move on. 

15 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

It’s an ‘analogy’. I’m sure you use them in your first language too. 

Here’s a fact for you: Thaksin isn’t the PM anymore. He hasn’t been for while. Move on. 

I am not talking about Thaksin, if someone says the dinosaurs were killed by the little animals they preyed on its a distortion of facts and history. You seem to be ok with distorting facts as long as it suits your views. You could be Thrumps brother. 

I on the other hand have no need to rewrite history or distort facts to make a point.

Analogies only work if they are based on real things.. not things that were made up.

Get over yourself.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am not talking about Thaksin, if someone says the dinosaurs were killed by the little animals they preyed on its a distortion of facts and history. You seem to be ok with distorting facts as long as it suits your views. You could be Thrumps brother. 

I on the other hand have no need to rewrite history or distort facts to make a point.

Analogies only work if they are based on real things.. not things that were made up.

Get over yourself.

Again, it’s an ‘analogy’. Analogies can be anything you like. 

Thaksin is gone. The boogeymen are now communists. 

4 hours ago, nickstav said:

The whole purpose of the speech was to fuel hatred, and the military has one chip that they always throw into the pot to cement their legitimacy...loyalty to the monarchy.

I was under the impression that overthrowing a government (caretaker or not) was treason.

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I was under the impression that overthrowing a government (caretaker or not) was treason.

If he is not contained quickly this viperous creature will bring hell to Thailand's doorstep. 

8 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

It is quite telling when a military leader describes political debate and opinions as a war.

The military is the government and the government are still military, there is no democracy in Thailand...

It's a dictatorship where people will do as the government/military dictate.

They spent years putting all the pawns into place for the master plan of complete control of agencies & populous.

Only when the economy collapses, tourists leave in droves which will add up to the man on the street losing money will things change.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Get over yourself.

But who really knows what happened to the dinosaurs,as there was no

one there to see what happened,it could have been a disease they caught,

from the little animals,that wiped them out.

regards worgeordie

25 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

But who really knows what happened to the dinosaurs,as there was no

one there to see what happened,it could have been a disease they caught,

from the little animals,that wiped them out.

regards worgeordie

I trust the scientific consensus on this topic, and that is they were wiped out by a meteor and more volcanic activity. 

https://www.history.com/topics/pre-history/why-did-the-dinosaurs-die-out-1

Not one mention about the little animals wiping them out. I just don't like it when fake news is made up no matter who does it. There is enough false information out on the internet already.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I trust the scientific consensus on this topic, and that is they were wiped out by a meteor and more volcanic activity. 

https://www.history.com/topics/pre-history/why-did-the-dinosaurs-die-out-1

Not one mention about the little animals wiping them out. I just don't like it when fake news is made up no matter who does it. There is enough false information out on the internet already.

Just pulling your leg,but really as  there were no scientist's  there at

the time they are only guessing too,how do they explain the survival of

Turtles,Crocodilians,and the dinosaurs that lived to evolve into birds,

just lucky ?

regards Worgeordie

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Fair or not they gotten a lot of votes, people seem to forget it and make it out like everyone was against the army. That is just not true. I want them gone but unlike some posters I won't twist the facts. They had as much votes as the PTP.. I dont think that is a little bit. 

Also to count all parties as against the military is again a distortion of facts. The democrats and Bumjaithai are not votes against the military per se. Votes for future forward were. 

Yes it's true that parties sympathetic to the Junta did well at the last election - better than expected.Conversely the PTP didn't do as well as expected.It was a reminder that Thailand is bitterly divided, a matter the Junta did absolutely nothing to ameliorate in the years after it seized power..

What you don't mention is that the parties opposed to the Junta were crippled in various ways and were certainly not permitted to campaign propely. The 250 Senate was completely filled by the Junta's place men and military henchmen.There was also some completely inappropriate interference which is not possible to discuss openly.Internationally the election was seen as fix.

So maybe you should be a little reflective before accusing others of "twisting facts".

8 hours ago, londonthai said:

his speech does fuel hatred again apirat himself, thai army, the government and thai state.

social media call him "red buffalo", rightly so

here is part of his speech, with english subtitles

https://www.facebook.com/marchalyan/videos/2487129824716282/

He makes several points that are not off the mark regarding Thai politicians.  In sum total though, the speech is threatening and designed to elicit fear.  One or two bad moves by the current government and this guy will be inventing more windmills to tilt at ... while riding to the rescue as head of a new junta. 

9 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Apirat is just demonstrating a familiar trait of Thai military generals. Opening the mouth before engaging the brain. 

These tyrannical, bordering on maniacal, political outbursts by Apirat are more intended as a show of strength to give people the message that it really he who is the supreme commander rather than Prayut Chan-o-cha. He needs to flex his muscles in front of the people; even if it means saying stupid things.

This political meddling by Apirat must make potential foreign investors think twice about investing in the PM's EEC. This man is a danger to the economy. Prayut needs to shut him up but instead he sits by like a timid mouse.

apirat.jpg

Sounds like coup-a-coup in the making to me. Uncle too has gone too democratic for their tastes.

7 hours ago, Sonhia said:

What goes around comes around as it has been since the late 30's, when the army took control by force. No surprise, yet again...

Nothing new. Same old fickleness...

Just to point out what flavor it is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaek_Phibunsongkhram

Phibunsongkhram was a member of the Royal Siamese Army wing of Khana Ratsadon, the first political party in Thailand, and a leader of the Siamese revolution of 1932 transforming Thailand from an absolute monarchy to a constitutional monarchy. Phibunsongkhram became the third Prime Minister of Thailand in 1938 as Commander of the Royal Siamese Army, establishing a de facto military dictatorship inspired by the Italian fascism of Benito Mussolini which promoted Thai nationalism and sinophobia, and allied Thailand with Imperial Japan in World War II.

That's how Thailand was born and Siam died. Still the same ideology in play.

8 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Just observe the fanatical hatred in his voice which is clearly shown on his face. 

This is the guy who said some bad stuff after the release of the RAD video was released.

This is the guy who was related to army officers that did really bad stuff to students when it kicked off in the 70's & 90's.

He is an evil, nasty man who is half a century out of date.

He has no love for his fellow Thai man, only the false thoughts of power for the Amart and Elite at all costs, regardless of the cost to the country.

Basically he is a traitor.

7 hours ago, robblok said:

I think they got many votes because they counted them.

12 hours ago, Momofarang said:

In most countries we guys are coming from, at least Europe, where army personnel are banned from politics, this Army Chief would have been sacked within 24h. Thai democracy? :cheesy::cheesy:

No Thailand isn't democratic anymore but neither is any country that are member of The EU aka Soviet Union 2.0, the EU is planning to create an army, very very dangerous, just look at the way they treat the UK after they voted for leave, they are angry, they fear the EU will collapse, and one day the unelected bureaucrats in Brussels will be without job, a victory for the future. So complain a but dictatorship in Thailand when your country is just as anti democratic is just double standard.

US is democratic,Canada is democratic, Switzerland is democratic, New Zealand is democratic, Australia is democratic, South Korea is democratic Japan is democratic, those countries are governed by the people and not by the tyrannies in Brussels.

Be a supporter of EU means that a person does not belive in democracy.

21 hours ago, Bundooman said:

I have to wonder what the Chinese communist leaders think about his disdainful and damaging comments about their own 'communist' system?

The Chinese seem to be ignoring the insult to their ruling party and jumping on the bandwagon by complaining about Thanathorn’s selfies with Joshua Wong. 

I find it quite confusing as J Wong doesn’t seem to fit the leftist/communist description very well. He is fighting against the imposition of the Chinese communist one party system on Hong Kong. Therefore it should logically follow that he is an anti-communist right winger worthy of Apirat’s support in his fight against communist ideology. Posing for selfies with Thailand’s second generation billionaire political leader seems consistent with the right wing label. Just like the first generation billionaire leader, currently on a prolonged global tour, the new one is a dyed in the wool capitalist out for further self enrichment, even though he disguises it better than his predecessor.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, Cadbury said:

Apirat is just demonstrating a familiar trait of Thai military generals. Opening the mouth before engaging the brain. 

These tyrannical, bordering on maniacal, political outbursts by Apirat are more intended as a show of strength to give people the message that it really he who is the supreme commander rather than Prayut Chan-o-cha. He needs to flex his muscles in front of the people; even if it means saying stupid things.

This political meddling by Apirat must make potential foreign investors think twice about investing in the PM's EEC. This man is a danger to the economy. Prayut needs to shut him up but instead he sits by like a timid mouse.

apirat.jpg

I dont think theres  much room left on his  shirt for anymore insignia, mind you a  white hat witha  big "D" on would set it  all off  nicely.

16 minutes ago, Chazar said:

I dont think theres  much room left on his  shirt for anymore insignia, mind you a  white hat witha  big "D" on would set it  all off  nicely.

It is his trade mark red banded white underwear that really sets him apart from the crowd.

e79eaf4570ad244ef725eff1607909f1.jpeg

Archived