Cold season due to arrive in this Thursday

webfact

Cold season due to arrive in this Thursday

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4oAZxtvDvcaevx2gTyRQ48aP

Thailand will officially enter the cold season this Thursday, October 17th, according to the Meteorological Department.

The department says that the average minimum temperatures in northern Thailand will steadily drop to cold season levels and the wind blowing across Thailand at altitudes of between 100 and 500 metres have swung round to the southwest.

Higher altitude winds, above 5,000 metres, have turned to the west as northern parts of the country experienced less rain. Meanwhile, rainfall in southern Thailand will intensify.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/cold-season-due-to-arrive-in-this-thursday/

thaipbs.jpg

Cold season due to arrive in this Thursday

However it will probably get turned back by immigration for failing to have the correct visa, not having sufficient funds and failing to complete a TM30 on a previous brief visit.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

However it will probably get turned back by immigration for failing to have the correct visa, not having sufficient funds and failing to complete a TM30 on a previous brief visit.

So it'll go to Philippines or Vietnam instead.

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Blimey, you really do need to improve your 'comedy' as that is shocking.

The rainy season has already saved me hundreds of baht in reduced A/C costs. The cold season should save me and the grid even more. I'm so acclimated to 30 degrees these days that I'm uncomfortably cold in most air-conditioned stores.

I live 50km south of Khon Kaen.

There seems to be a micro climate in this area.

The previous 3 years before last Winter, were becoming colder by about 2C, more dry and windy.  The wind out of the east from China's deserts.

Last year the Winter was warm in comparison.

Here there was a drop in temperature and a more cooler wind 2 or 3 days before the floods hit.

Now the weather is all over the place.

Wild life has changed this year too.

Measured temps and RH in a large farm in a desert area in Saudi for 6 years back in the 80's, the farm was 6km in a straight line from the Red Sea.    Both temps and rh went up by about 2C and 5% RH the later especially noticeable at high tides on the full moon as the farm was below sea level.    Temps in the range 50 - 60C were more common.

41 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

I live 50km south of Khon Kaen.

There seems to be a micro climate in this area.

The previous 3 years before last Winter, were becoming colder by about 2C, more dry and windy.  The wind out of the east from China's deserts.

Last year the Winter was warm in comparison.

Here there was a drop in temperature and a more cooler wind 2 or 3 days before the floods hit.

Now the weather is all over the place.

Wild life has changed this year too.

Measured temps and RH in a large farm in a desert area in Saudi for 6 years back in the 80's, the farm was 6km in a straight line from the Red Sea.    Both temps and rh went up by about 2C and 5% RH the later especially noticeable at high tides on the full moon as the farm was below sea level.    Temps in the range 50 - 60C were more common.

Maybe this needs posting in the Saudi TV section

That will mean the usual spectacle of everyone wearing multiple garments and huddled around fires in the road, and all the owned cats and dogs wearing jackets. whilst everyone looks in amazement at me sitting on my patio in shorts and sleeveless top.

21 hours ago, Negita43 said:

It's 10C in my home country so I can put up with 30C which is what the "Cold Season" usually brings here

30c! not in the North or NE, big country! obviously you are a Southerner, amazing the lack of knowledge folks on here have of the different temperatures across the country! :shock1:

Archived