Financial requirements for Non-O ( Child ) visa

Recenlty, I've heard someone in here, told that he needed a financial requirements of 200,000 THB but he was waived exceptionally.

Do actually to get that Non-O visa based on Thai Child, require to show financial requirements of 200,000 THB in Vientiane, or Savannakhet ?

What about Penang also ?

If the money is in foreign bank account like in France, can it also work for the requirements ?

Thanks

I believe you can get a single entry Non O visa to visit your Thai child without financial proof in Vientiane or Savannakhet (and at some other consulates). It is difficult to get a multiple entry Non O visa anywhere to visit your Thai child and, if you are lucky, you will almost certainly need to show 400,000 baht equivalent in the bank to do so.

As far as I know it will only be Penang that issues Non-O based on visiting your child in the vincinity. There you also have to show 400k in the bank to get it. However, there are still many times that the Thai Embassy in a persons home country will issue one without financial proof.

As of having the money in France, I would suppose that will only work if you apply for the visa in the Thai Embassy in France.

48 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

As far as I know it will only be Penang that issues Non-O based on visiting your child in the vincinity.

They and Yangon are the only locations that will issue multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai. For as single entry non-o Penang want so see the equivalent of 200k baht in any bank.

Vientiane, Savannakhet, Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi will issue single entry non-o visa with no financial proof needed.

53 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

As of having the money in France, I would suppose that will only work if you apply for the visa in the Thai Embassy in France.

To apply for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate can be in any bank in most cases. The nearby locations that ask for financial proof will accept it being in any bank.

• Thanks 1