Nong Khai: Tourists reserve space to witness Naga fireballs

webfact

Tourists reserve space to witness Naga fireballs

8cec0bcf997b231ea8125700c7e3d8e6_small-1.jpg

NONG KHAI (NNT) - Nong Khai is bustling with visitors to tourist attractions and important temples in the province. Many of them have reserved space along the Mekong riverbank which is the main viewing point for the "Naga fireball" phenomenon.

Popular Naga fireball viewing points are in Phon Phisai and Rattanawapee districts especially in front of the Thai temple in the municipality of Phon Phisai subdistrict where ceremonies for the worship of the Lord Buddha and Phaya Phisai Satta Nakaraj have been held.

Throughout the day, there has a been a flow of tourists who are visiting tourist attractions, taking pictures and making merit. Many of them stayed at hotels, homestays, schools and temples in Phon Phisai district and Rattawapee district last night in order to be ready to observe the "Naga fireball" phenomenon.

In Muang Nong Khai district, the End of Buddhist Lent Festival and the Naga Fireball Festival have been celebrated. The events feature a variety of cultural performances in the evening of every day from October 10-16, 2019, along the Mekong River.

The Naga fireball phenomenon occurs every year on the 15th day of the waxing moon of the 11th lunar month. This year, it falls on October 13, 2019.

nnt.jpg

5 hours ago, johng said:

Strange how a "phenomenon" occurs on such a regular schedule...one might almost suspect it was an
"engineered event"

I doubt anyone in Laos or Thailand can engineered such an event.

If this happen in Japan yes I would think it may be an engineered event. You need a certain level of IQ to do such thing.

5 hours ago, johng said:

Strange how a "phenomenon" occurs on such a regular schedule...one might almost suspect it was an
"engineered event"

I saw a documentry about this. It involved monks and locals making up balls of a ' secret substance ' and dropping them into the river. After a while they deteriorate and ignite. Can't remember the other details but not a natural phenomena .

6 hours ago, trucking said:

I saw a documentry about this. It involved monks and locals making up balls of a ' secret substance ' and dropping them into the river. After a while they deteriorate and ignite. Can't remember the other details but not a natural phenomena .

Magnesium would probably be part of it. Some delayed reaction to start it off and there you go, magical naga in action, all you need to do then is to collect the cash from true believers. Never give a sucker an even break.

On 10/14/2019 at 9:32 AM, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Is this worth going to, and if yes does anyone know what date it will be on next year? cheers

Is it worth going too - depends on how easily amused you are, be an ok outing with kids in tow? Next year it will be Oct 1st.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:10 AM, johng said:

"engineered event"

The Laos torch off their AKs with full mags of tracers. Their barrels are shot out anyway, and even if not, its not like you can do headshots with one at 800 meters, even me. They pick up a few baht from the Thais for amazing the tourists. 

Archived