BANGKOK
webfact

As options narrow on Syria, Trump prepares to drop sanctions hammer on Turkey

16 minutes ago, Tagged said:

And who had to pay for the richer to get richer? 

Americans, at the same time jobs dissapeared to South America, India and China. 

Well done

I meant job well done, as in they did what they wanted to do. However I do not approve in any way. I see it as pure evil,

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

I meant job well done, as in they did what they wanted to do. However I do not approve in any way. I see it as pure evil,

It was ment to back up you statement. 

• Like 1

Trump will probably put some mild sanction on Turkey to calm down his opponent and save face. Sacrificing the kurds was the right decision for US interest. The kurds were the stupid one to ally with the US in the first place.

• Thanks 1

Turkey a member of NATO,kick them out fast!!!Will not happen,endless talk and mean while the bodies pile up.

Now Erdogan saying he will release 3.5 million refugees into Europe,yes too late the damage in the Middle East has been done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Are you able to explain exactly why the US army and taxpayer dollars should be used to enforce the Turkey/Syria border(on the other side of the world), yet should not be used to protect the US/Mexico border(at home to protect Americans and the American lifestyle)?

What would you have the soldiers do?Shoot at poor people?Amazing you can even think of something like this.

I am telling you the US army is in Syria to protect the American lifestyle!!!

If it was not about making money they would not be there.

Have you send money to the wall already?

The way you think amazes me.

• Like 2

So the Kurds have been sending rockets at Turkish towns in  retaliation. Can we now expect NATO partner Turkey to invoke Article 5? Will the Americans then be  obligated to run bombing raids on the Kurds.? This just keeps getting better.

Before Trump applies sanctions, it might be a good idea to remove American nuclear weapons from Incerlik. Might be a good idea to shut down and evacuate the entire base and any other American facilities, too.

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

I was pro war in Iraq when I was being fed lies and didn't know much about the bigger issues.

I realize now that it was part of a bigger plan to destabilize the region, sell weapons and profit from war. And job well done I might add. It is time American's stopped feeding the war machine. It is a horrible legacy they have created.

Well, it's a credit to you for saying that. Harper is still trying to convince people that he would not have joined Blair and Bush. At the time I was a tradesman on the prairies so had no shortage of conservative workmates to argue the merits of that war. Personally I chose to believe the weapon inspectors and Uncle Jean's judgement. I don't think any of us expected the cluster ~#\\  it turned out to be.

• Thanks 1

“But now what I hear is that nobody should get into a well with an American rope. Even last year, when McGurk was still serving, Kurdish leaders in Syria were telling the Americans that if support for them and deterrence against a Turkish attack was not going to continue, they needed to make a deal with the Assad regime and Russia for protection.

Brett McGurk, who resigned as the presidential special envoy to the coalition against ISIS last December

• Like 2