As options narrow on Syria, Trump prepares to drop sanctions hammer on Turkey

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

I wasn't talking about Saddam, I was talking about the Iraq war.. that was the Iraq war where the US lost 132 men driving Saddam out of power and 4900 in the insurgency that followed.. taking and retaking and taking again places like Falluja & Ramadi and getting hit by roadside bombs and ambushes everyday.  The kurds did nothing but 'provide a safe area' in the north of the country.. in other words they just pursued their own separatists agenda.  

I guess it depens on how you define the Iraq War. Was it a separate war against the Isil Caliphate or part of the Iraq War. And since the question is only one of semantics, the fact is that Kurds did the hardest fighting to drive out Isil from Iraq.

8 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

I wasn't talking about Saddam, I was talking about the Iraq war.. that was the Iraq war where the US lost 132 men driving Saddam out of power and 4900 in the insurgency that followed.. taking and retaking and taking again places like Falluja & Ramadi and getting hit by roadside bombs and ambushes everyday.  The kurds did nothing but 'provide a safe area' in the north of the country.. in other words they just pursued their own separatists agenda.  

It doesn't matter how you try to spin it, you are wrong.   The Kurds do not and could not militarily operate outside of the Northern Iraqi area.   Falluja and Ramadi are no where near Kurdish controlled area.   

As for saying they pursued their own separatist agenda, again wrong.   They did not declare independence from Iraq. 

The Kurds have long and hard and at great expense and loss of life both in Iraq and in Syria to assist in the defeat of ISIS.    

11 hours ago, Credo said:

It doesn't matter how you try to spin it, you are wrong.   The Kurds do not and could not militarily operate outside of the Northern Iraqi area.   Falluja and Ramadi are no where near Kurdish controlled area.   

As for saying they pursued their own separatist agenda, again wrong.   They did not declare independence from Iraq. 

The Kurds have long and hard and at great expense and loss of life both in Iraq and in Syria to assist in the defeat of ISIS.    

Oh sure they didn't pursue their own separtist agenda and declare independence from Iraq... except for that time 2 years ago when they seized kirkuk, declared it as their capital and declared independence from Iraq... Forcing Iraqi Shia militias to invade kirkuk.

https://www.ft.com/content/92179fcc-b320-11e7-aa26-bb002965bce8

David Gardner OCTOBER 17 2017 Print this page27 The Kurdish dream of an independent state in northern Iraq, which took wing with overwhelming support in a referendum on  September 25, crashed to earth three weeks later, as Iran-backed Iraqi forces on Monday seized back Kirkuk, the oil-rich area contested between Kurds and Arabs, which could now become a new frontline for another war within the many wars tearing apart the Middle East.

13 hours ago, bristolboy said:

I guess it depens on how you define the Iraq War. Was it a separate war against the Isil Caliphate or part of the Iraq War. And since the question is only one of semantics, the fact is that Kurds did the hardest fighting to drive out Isil from Iraq.

This is bu$it!  Iranian backed Shia militia's and Iraqi govt forces did ALL of the fighting that drove ISIS out of Mosul and every other part Iraq that ISIS had taken over.. You can see from the interactive map here that the kurds just stayed on the fringes of the city, in their own SEAPARTE area:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37702442

althought that article claims that kurdish fighter 'took part' in the operation, they really didn't, they were just given a little credit because their separate area is near mosul, as far as the rest of the country that ISIS had taken over, the kirds did absolutly nothing.

Archived