OA insurance - the issues

I do not fully grasp all the details in this thing with insurance and Non Immigrant O-A VISA but to my own understanding I thought that if I have (like you have) an insurance covering the demand from the Imiigration, I do NOT need to issue/apply for another new one?????

I am wrong??

glegolo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I do not fully grasp all the details in this thing with insurance and Non Immigrant O-A VISA but to my own understanding I thought that if I have (like you have) an insurance covering the demand from the Imiigration, I do NOT need to issue/apply for another new one?????

I am wrong??

glegolo

This is a constructive list that hopefully will be read by, or forwarded to, the decision makers.

It's not a moan session, a place to ask questions, or to write your life story.

Please post the issues you see with the compulsory insurance, in a brief manner.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

I don't know which card you have, but most travel insurances associated to credit cards have strong limitations, and mainly rarely work for trips longer than 30, 60 or 90 days at best.

They are "travel" insurances, not "expat" insurance.

Mine is 6 months, it used to be 12 months. Expat insurance?? The matter at hand is health insurance, which is more than adequately covered by my card insurance, plus I get travel parts as well.

25 minutes ago, oznomad said:

This is a constructive list that hopefully will be read by, or forwarded to, the decision makers.

Please post the issues you see with the compulsory insurance, in a brief manner.

we4twye

Edited by glegolo

3 minutes ago, oznomad said:

This is a significant issue.

The purpose of the exercise is to ensure OA visa holders are not a burden on the Thai medical system, through supposed non-payment of bills.

If that requirement is satisfied, then how it is satisfied should not matter.

Who among us truly retired  here have travel insurance? Not any my guess and it’s no different to self funded anyway. The fact is it’s not acceptable so what’s your point to the topic

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Who among us truly retired  here have travel insurance? Not any my guess and it’s no different to self funded anyway. The fact is it’s not acceptable so what’s your point to the topic

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

they should accept a foreign insurance certificate.

https://longstay.tgia.org/document/overseas_insurance_certificate.pdf

Foreign insurance companies do not issue that certificate with their policies, they issue their companies certificate.

If you have a link to a company that is offering to do so, I'm sure it would be of interest.

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 2

I have a UK expat insurance policy in its 5th year now. It covers me for 13 million Baht for inpatient but nothing for outpatient. My premium is about 50% of the 'recommended' Thai policies being pushed on us.

Is it possible to buy a policy (in Thailand or elswhere),  solely to cover outpatient costs?

If I ask my insurer to amend they will likely amend it, but at a wholly disproportionate cost.

Edited by Saltire

9 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

The policy only covering Thailand is a big negative as well, as I see it

My policy is on the list of Thai companies but includes travel cover (up to 3 months).

Related issue - what's the deal with people on work permits in LoS? Surely they need insurance, so how is that regulated? And could the same regulation (must be ok as you never hear wp-holders squealing like O-A holders at present) be adapted for other visa categories?