hua hin non o extension (based on child)

6 minutes ago, kralledr said:

Hello, it seems more easy than using the marriage option

That depends on your situation. The paperwork is almost identical.

However, unless you are married to the mother, divorced from the mother, or are the legal parent (named on the birth certificate is not enough) you won’t get a 1 year extension.

13 minutes ago, kralledr said:

i am maried and legal parent, i just thinked is more easy and maybe not need this stupid pics and witness...

Nope. Whatever they require for a spouse extension is likely to be required for a parent extension.

The only advantage is a parent application — subject to local rules — doesn’t require the funds to be in the bank for 2 months before applying.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They won't do it if you're still married to mom.

“They”? Do you know that for sure at Hua Hin?

There is no police order stopping you applying as a parent if married to the mother.

5 hours ago, elviajero said:

“They”? Do you know that for sure at Hua Hin?

There is no police order stopping you applying as a parent if married to the mother.

There has not been a single report that someone succeded. 

This would be the preferred option as you only have to show funds on the day of application. 

According to this link from Phuket all you need is B400,000 for 7 days + all the applications and pictures, I had the money in for 3 months just incase.  Last time I needed 3 pictures, one outside with the house number in it, one was handed back because my son did not have a shirt on, didn't ask for another!! The custody agreement from the divorce had to be a recent copy, the original one was over 6 months old, another copy with a recent date stamped on it from the Amphor office only cost B30

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/custodian-to-thai-child/

20 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

This would be the preferred option as you only have to show funds on the day of application. 

I have personally done it twice at two different offices. First at CW by their recommendation.

If you are a parent, and provide proof when you apply, the funds under the police order do not need to be seasoned.

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I have personally done it twice at two different offices. First at CW by their recommendation.

If you are a parent, and provide proof when you apply, the funds under the police order do not need to be seasoned.

Did you need photos, presence of child etc. 

Can you list what documents they accepted. 

40 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

I have just put my application in and I had to show 400,000 in bank for 2 months before ,with bank letter ,at hula hin .this is my 5 th time doing it at hua hin

I use the same paper for custody that I have used for the past 7 years , not asked for divorce documents although I had them with me , needed rental agreement and copy owners Id and blue book ,electric bill ,sons id and blue book ,birth certificate, map to home 

Just now, Foghorn said:

I use the same paper for custody that I have used for the past 7 years , not asked for divorce documents although I had them with me , needed rental agreement and copy owners Id and blue book ,electric bill ,sons id and blue book ,birth certificate, map to home 

Son had to attend

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

Did you need photos, presence of child etc. 

Yes. And both my wife and child were present.

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

Can you list what documents they accepted. 

I had to provide all the usual documents for a spouse application, plus the child’s birth certificate.

31 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I had to provide all the usual documents for a spouse application, plus the child’s birth certificate.

So you did not have to prove the funds for two months? 

1 hour ago, Foghorn said:

So standard extension based on Thai child. 

This topic is about child extension while married. 

18 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

So you did not have to prove the funds for two months? 

No.

The first time I applied at CW was as a spouse, but I wasn't clued up at the time about the need for an embassy letter to prove my foreign income. I provided two years bank statements for both my UK and Thai bank accounts showing monthly transfers well in excess of the 40K pm leaving the UK and arriving in the Thai bank, but they couldn't accept them. I didn't have 400K in my account, but a senior officer came and spoke with me and said that as long as I could get 400K into my account he could process the application as a parent and waive the 2 months. Fortunately my son was with us and we had his birth certificate. So I arranged for money to be transferred immediately, went downstairs and got a bank letter and updated passbook, and the application was signed off. The officer made it clear that as a parent, even though I was married, the 400K didn't need to be seasoned.

The following year I renewed at the Kanchanaburi office. I topped my account up to 400K a few days before applying and the application went through - as a parent - no questions asked.

The bottom line is that a parent doesn't need to season funds, and there is nothing in the police orders that specifies you must be single/divorced to apply as a parent. I can't guarantee every office will play ball, as local rules rules often apply, but for anyone that doesn't want to tie up funds for two months it's worth asking a couple of months before applying.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

Sounfs like what i am getting. What dies it say in your passport,  thai wife?