Saudi Arabia opens tourist visas to U.S., European visa holders

webfact

12 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

I had a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia. He attended an event where a person was beheaded and a few others had arms chopped off. He told me they seemed  to enjoy having a westerner there.

Correct. We never went near the town ( Jubail, on the eastern province ) on a Friday after lunchtime prayer as that was when the toppings and choppings occured in the square outside the mosque. they would always push westerners to the front. 

8 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Brainwashed from the moment they can walk by an evil that controls every aspect of their lives, so they can be controlled by the few at the top who live profligate lives beyond most of the locals comprehension.

Do you think you have, as an individual, anything in common with these people?  

Definately some lovely desert scenery and landscapes in that country, but no way I will go to such a place runed by a group of dictators and murderers. One plainly needs to see how some of the top Saudi brass behave when in some European capitals to get a better idea on how they seem to apply their own rules very differently when abroad.

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Correct. We never went near the town ( Jubail, on the eastern province ) on a Friday after lunchtime prayer as that was when the toppings and choppings occured in the square outside the mosque. they would always push westerners to the front. 

On the other hand, and just because of that deterrent, the crime rate in Saudi is extremely low. It wasn't that long ago that the gold shop owners in Balad (Jeddah), didn't even bother locking their shops when they went for evening prayers.

4 hours ago, Opl said:

Do you think you have, as an individual, anything in common with these people?  

I do know I have my own mind and I am not driven by an ideology I can neither prove nor substantiate. By the way I lived in the middle east for 22 years, I do have friends in Saudi Arabia, there are, I agree, some nice people there, but at the end of the day if it is a choice between you, a western infidel, or their religion, you will lose every time. Have a good day Sir.

Slightly off topic but I wouldn't mind visiting a middle east country for a couple of weeks holiday and a complete change of scenery. Which one/ones are considered the best from a tourist perspective with interesting sites, good food, can easily get a few cold beers in the evening, not too expensive for hotels/transportation, and relatively safe?

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Might be able to get a Thai massage there as I think many Thais for various reasons seek work there. 

You'll find quite a few massage parlours with Thai women/girls and full satisfaction guaranteed. 

You can make your appointment here: ( Please read some reviews. Lol)

https://www.massage2book.com/parlor-category/Saudi-Arabia/Riyadh/Riyadh/all-area/Full-Body-Massage/female-massager-masseuse-male-massager-masseur

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

You'll find quite a few massage parlours with Thai women/girls and full satisfaction guaranteed. 

You can make your appointment here: ( Please read some reviews. Lol)

https://www.massage2book.com/parlor-category/Saudi-Arabia/Riyadh/Riyadh/all-area/Full-Body-Massage/female-massager-masseuse-male-massager-masseur

Interesting, I would have though erotic massage is banned in Saudi, I've read signs outside massage parlours in Malaysia stating that Bumis must not go in, and for other Malaysian to in fact report any Bumis entering to the police. So it's surprises me Saudi has massage places.

6 hours ago, TSF said:

Slightly off topic but I wouldn't mind visiting a middle east country for a couple of weeks holiday and a complete change of scenery. Which one/ones are considered the best from a tourist perspective with interesting sites, good food, can easily get a few cold beers in the evening, not too expensive for hotels/transportation, and relatively safe?

Can recommend Oman. Nice people, great natural beauty. 

7 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Definately some lovely desert scenery and landscapes in that country, but no way I will go to such a place runed by a group of dictators and murderers. One plainly needs to see how some of the top Saudi brass behave when in some European capitals to get a better idea on how they seem to apply their own rules very differently when abroad.

Or just go to Bahrain at the weekend. 

But what's new? Many people don't like the rules in the country. Think you'll find it's the same everywhere. 

4 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Luckily you are a liberal or  you would be called out on such comments in your last two posts.

I reiterate , I have  - as individual - nothing in common with people who find nothing wrong in public corporal punishments - and it's not just because it's gore.

I reiterate, I have - as individual - nothing in common with people who think the spectacle is so worth watching that foreigners should not miss the chance, and therefore are " pushed to the front rows", and it's not a matter of religion.  

I do not need to be a liberal to consider I have nothing in common with such people . It's the way I consider the human condition.

It's not the punishment in itself - I don't care,  It's the impact it has on the populace and what it reveals of it that I find sub-human. 

I said the same thing when 2 young tourists were atrociously raped and killed and filmed for the occasion - last year in Morocco.    

• 2 months later...

Archived