Surat Thani immigration say "bye" to German on overstay

webfact

Surat Thani immigration say "bye" to German on overstay

8pm.jpg

Thai caption: Surat Thani immigration 

A contingent of immigration and tourist police arrested a 49 year old German man on Koh Samui who had overstayed in the kingdom.

Manfred L. was taken into custody near the Bo Phut market on the ring road that encircles the holiday island. 

He was on overstay of 14 days. 

Naew Na said the arrest was in line with immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang's policy and that the public can call 1178 to report violators. 

They published a picture of the arrested man with his face hidden by a blob saying "bye".

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-14

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done guys. A whole contingent of immigration and tourist police to catch a guy on 14 days overstay.
With a bigger contingent you can get those on 1 day overstay.

Surely someone must have reported him. It doesn't sound like he was stopped randomly.

Do they blacklist a 14 day overstay?

Silly of him really, not to apply for an extension.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, petedk said:

Well done guys. A whole contingent of immigration and tourist police to catch a guy on 14 days overstay.
With a bigger contingent you can get those on 1 day overstay.

Surely someone must have reported him. It doesn't sound like he was stopped randomly.

Do they blacklist a 14 day overstay?

Silly of him really, not to apply for an extension.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Who knows, maybe he did apply for the extra 30 days extensions and once they'd expired he decided to stay more... either way it is silly.

27 minutes ago, The Stranger said:

Actually YES, according to the new rules if the overstayer is arrested in this case is banned for 5 years. I guess it will be up to the judge to decide.

2019-10-14_10-56.png

Doubt they would prosecute. Probably just got him on a plane.

Dobbed in - girlfriend, work mates or someone he <deleted> off at the pub?

The law here always travel in groups, there may be a photo op coming.

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

14 days is nothing maybe he was planning to stay longer who knows.but little over the top I think

Maybe has a history of overstaying.

or something lost in translation, maybe entered on a land border 14 day visa exempt stamp a long time ago. 

So many posters make a small thing of this again. trying to put the blame on other people and that it was too many people involved. The thing is that he was breaking the law and they cought him. Good Job! Hope they will ban him for 5 years too. Let it stand as an example for all other that think about doing the same. Out with all the pack that can´t live by the rules.

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So many posters make a small thing of this again. trying to put the blame on other people and that it was too many people involved. The thing is that he was breaking the law and they cought him. Good Job! Hope they will ban him for 5 years too. Let it stand as an example for all other that think about doing the same. Out with all the pack that can´t live by the rules.

Not forgetting where we are: Perhaps 'buy the rules' for those that have megga money?

23 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Not forgetting where we are: Perhaps 'buy the rules' for those that have megga money?

Ok, keep to topic, might also be a thing that we should not forget. You do not need any "megga money" to avoid an overstay.

Another thing, though. There is not much changes, and most people are able to go buy the rules if they wanted to. Unfortunately we have a lot of people coming to a foreign country on this forum, that believes they are able to set the rules. Maybe they once could, but those times are long gone.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

When I get to by tyrant of a small country, I shall nominate you as a charter charter citizen!  Then I can be certain that I can get away with doing exactly what I like, and you will stand behind me chanting deeply meaningful slogans such as "The Law is the Law!" and so forth.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And  how  about  applying all the other  rules also like.....no helmets, no seatbelts, no  licence, drunk, wrong side of the road..............I mean its ALL or  nothing, you cant pick and choose...........oh  wait? That's just how it works

Found him after a quick search. 

He is a dive instructor. 

He has made a real nasty and personal review of a local dive company and its owner under his own name. 

Guess that wasn't the most clever thing to do if you were on overstay. 

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Doubt they would prosecute. Probably just got him on a plane.

Dobbed in - girlfriend, work mates or someone he <deleted> off at the pub?

The law here always travel in groups, there may be a photo op coming.

They do, an acquaintance of mine get arrested with 3 days overstay, result: 5 days in jail in a police station in Bangkok and then 2 weeks in IDC in Bangkok. Overstay is a very serious crime these days.

Archived