BANGKOK
webfact

Surat Thani immigration say "bye" to German on overstay

17 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Found him after a quick search. 

He is a dive instructor. 

He has made a real nasty and personal review of a local dive company and its owner under his own name. 

Guess that wasn't the most clever thing to do if you were on overstay. 

So now we know who dobbed him in. Do we ? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You, of all people, are criticizing someone for breaking the law? A man who not only admits to bribing immigration officials with 100 baht tips (no tips, remember?)

but tells others that if they don't do the same they should leave the country.

Some truly amazing hypocrisy. 

You again, and as usual twisting everything you read. Either you show me the post where I admitt to bribing Immigration Officials, or you just stop posting fake information.

As far as I know, I´ve only posted that I give them the 100 in tip after everything is set and ready. Probably you are the only one that doesn´t understand that.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

You again, and as usual twisting everything you read. Either you show me the post where I admitt to bribing Immigration Officials, or you just stop posting fake information.

As far as I know, I´ve only posted that I give them the 100 in tip after everything is set and ready. Probably you are the only one that doesn´t understand that.

Why do you tip paid officials...?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mickey rat said:

I interpreted it as his opinion is that you are pathetic. Maybe you should report him! 😆

Why would I do that. That would be a pathetic thing to do, and we do not want him to be right. Do we? 😆

I try to choose to focus on the thread, and not put my personal capabilities or stae of mind into the convesation. If he chose to focus on me as a person, that´s up to him.

They must have used biometrics for such a quick catch!

With the ever increasing hurdles, like mandatory insurance costing 80,000 or more (if you can get it at all), 800,000 in the bank nine months instead of three, etc. (probably more coming soon), there are probably going to be more and more older retirees that have lived in Thailand many, many years that can no longer comply, but have nowhere else to go.  Imagine being 82 years old and trying to pull up stakes and leave the country in which you have built a house -- and a life --  and have lived peacefully in for 20 years.  It is sad.

26 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You just said, and I quote, "As far as I know, I've only posted that I give them the 100 baht tip after everything is set and ready". This is a bribe. This is illegal. 

Jesus wept. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

As far as I know, I´ve only posted that I give them the 100 in tip after everything is set and ready

Did you know that you can buy a watch , any " brand " for 80 baht 

at a market stall ?

Your "tip" would have cost you less 555

17 hours ago, transam said:

I think you are a Master Bait-er, near all threads you post in are similar stuff.

But, if you are not and just crackers, then I apologise.....

And this thread is a Mass Debate!

• Like 1

You need a whole contingent just to arrest a person who overstayed for a short 14 days.

Some people do forget the expiry date by few weeks sometimes so they should be more lenient.

What about those reported in the news who overstayed for years? Why didn't they catch those first?

Edited by EricTh