Surat Thani immigration say "bye" to German on overstay

webfact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/14/2019 at 9:35 AM, petedk said:

Well done guys. A whole contingent of immigration and tourist police to catch a guy on 14 days overstay.
With a bigger contingent you can get those on 1 day overstay.

Could have been a contingent of two, the OP did not say "a whole contingent", as you quoted, which sarcastically suggested a large number.

On 10/14/2019 at 3:59 PM, chang1 said:

Years ago, I had 2 days overstay because Biman Bangladesh Airways messed up my return flight. 1000 Baht fine and that was it. I have been spending around 3 months a year in Thailand since. If they had made a fuss I would never have returned. Also many others would have been going elsewhere as well. They really need to understand the damage that this sort of treatment does to their tourist industry. I now advise people to go elsewhere because of all the problems they face in Thailand now. For those that say "he broke the law and deserves to be punished", How was he hurting Thailand? Then look at the rip off taxi drivers on Samui that illegally refuse to use the meter and are never punished, yet damage tourism every day. 

If you overstay more than say a month then you deserve punishing but less than that, it should be dealt with by the fine on departure. 

"Years ago, I had 2 days overstay because Biman Bangladesh Airways messed up my return flight. 1000 Baht fine and that was it".

Years ago things were more lax so your historic experience isn't relevant to this case.

"They really need to understand the damage that this sort of treatment does to their tourist industry..."

Incident like this involving foreigners working here on overstay do no damage at all to the tourist industry!

"I now advise people to go elsewhere because of all the problems they face in Thailand now".

My money says that the people you advise regarding tourism don't, and certainly shouldn't  listen to you!

" For those that say "he broke the law and deserves to be punished", How was he hurting Thailand?"

How?  The same way any other law breakers "hurt Thailand", by breaking the law!

"If you overstay more than say a month then you deserve punishing.." 

Why? To quote your own comment, "how would that be hurting Thailand more than a 14-day overstay?

"...but less than that, it should be dealt with by the fine on departure". 

That's exactly what would have happened if he'd gone to the airport  but he chose not to!

On 10/14/2019 at 4:02 PM, Scouse123 said:

You sound like an absolute dream person to be around with your views on the world! I bet you never stole a chocolate bar from the local shop as a kid!

"I bet you never stole a chocolate bar from the local shop as a kid!"

Are you suggesting that it is normal, or excusable, to do that?

On 10/14/2019 at 4:17 PM, justin case said:

you can have condo/car/motosay/personal belongings and you can lose it all because of some stupid few days of overstay with a mental blacklist

I think you'll find that the "stupid, mental" thing is not the laws but staying here without a visa.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:31 PM, ukrules said:

Wrong, you can forget to do an extension of stay and still be on a short holiday.

It won't be long before they're rounding up and deporting people who've forgot by just a few days.

Not so wrong, apparently!

On 10/14/2019 at 2:53 PM, PoorSucker said:

Found him after a quick search. 

He is a dive instructor. 

He has made a real nasty and personal review of a local dive company and its owner under his own name. 

Guess that wasn't the most clever thing to do if you were on overstay. 

On 10/14/2019 at 4:42 PM, Scouse123 said:
On 10/14/2019 at 4:12 PM, alan grice said:

Mr Scouse , not all of us were raised in an Area where the Stolen Wheels , or the more strikes You started were a Status that generated admiration..emoji222.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hehe.

Yup.

We stole so many wheels we built a dream team.

Champions LEAGUE winners last yeat and top of the PREMIER league by 8 points already this year.

There's money in scrap!

You clown.

What a generalisation about such a fantastic city and all of its hardworking people !

You ever been there?

Pathetic response.

Well you're the one who started it with the implied suggestion that children nicking sweets from shops is normal and ok!

Liverpool, in general, is a sh itty city with unsafe streets and many miserable, angry citizens who'd want to fight you if you just made inadvertent eye contact!  How does football contribute to it's being a fantastic city, football fans, perhaps? 

And, yes, I have been there, I was brought up there, was glad to get out of the place and hope I never have to return to it.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:04 PM, Scouse123 said:
On 10/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, Matzzon said:

Good one! Like it big time! ????

14 day or 1 day as well as 1500 days. He was still on overstay, and there is a written punishment for it. What do you not undetstand?

I understand this, you are not Judge, jury and executioner and nor are you Thai immigration.

You are obviously a poor man with too much time on his hands!

"...you are not Judge, jury and executioner..."

Let's hope that you never express an opinion here that doesn't support someone who has broken a law, which is all he is doing!  ...Or, rather, let's hope that you do!

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"...you are not Judge, jury and executioner..."

Let's hope that you never express an opinion here that doesn't support someone who has broken a law, which is all he is doing!  ...Or, rather, let's hope that you do!

Don't really care for your opinions. Just Weird by name and by nature.

Another one that puts themself on a pedestal and loves to blab and take the moral high ground.

You would defend Jack the Ripper if it went contrary to anything I had to say on any subject.

We have seen YOUR colours on here before and your total refusal to accept points even when links and proof is provided for you.

And there is nothing wrong with LIVERPOOL.  Another sweeping statement encompassing and crticising every single decent citizen of a great city without factual basis.

You still using two accounts on here to make sure at least you agree with you?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 9:35 AM, petedk said:

Well done guys. A whole contingent of immigration and tourist police to catch a guy on 14 days overstay.
With a bigger contingent you can get those on 1 day overstay.

Surely someone must have reported him. It doesn't sound like he was stopped randomly.

Do they blacklist a 14 day overstay?

Silly of him really, not to apply for an extension.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It is impossible to check into a Thai hotel if you are on overstay. Thai police have informed hoteliers.  So it makes it easy to get caught with a hotel informing police. Thailand has lost billions in overstay penalties. 

Archived