Surat Thani immigration say "bye" to German on overstay

webfact

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, kimpil01 said:

They do, an acquaintance of mine get arrested with 3 days overstay, result: 5 days in jail in a police station in Bangkok and then 2 weeks in IDC in Bangkok. Overstay is a very serious crime these days.

Years ago, I had 2 days overstay because Biman Bangladesh Airways messed up my return flight. 1000 Baht fine and that was it. I have been spending around 3 months a year in Thailand since. If they had made a fuss I would never have returned. Also many others would have been going elsewhere as well. They really need to understand the damage that this sort of treatment does to their tourist industry. I now advise people to go elsewhere because of all the problems they face in Thailand now. For those that say "he broke the law and deserves to be punished", How was he hurting Thailand? Then look at the rip off taxi drivers on Samui that illegally refuse to use the meter and are never punished, yet damage tourism every day. 

If you overstay more than say a month then you deserve punishing but less than that, it should be dealt with by the fine on departure. 

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So many posters make a small thing of this again. trying to put the blame on other people and that it was too many people involved. The thing is that he was breaking the law and they cought him. Good Job! Hope they will ban him for 5 years too. Let it stand as an example for all other that think about doing the same. Out with all the pack that can´t live by the rules.

You sound like an absolute dream person to be around with your views on the world! I bet you never stole a chocolate bar from the local shop as a kid!

Hope he didn't have any parking tickets as they may just hang him as well.

Pathetic!

6 hours ago, petedk said:

Well done guys. A whole contingent of immigration and tourist police to catch a guy on 14 days overstay.
With a bigger contingent you can get those on 1 day overstay.

Surely someone must have reported him. It doesn't sound like he was stopped randomly.

Do they blacklist a 14 day overstay?

Silly of him really, not to apply for an extension.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Maybe doesn't meet the new requirements for a an extension?

6 hours ago, petedk said:

Well done guys. A whole contingent of immigration and tourist police to catch a guy on 14 days overstay.
With a bigger contingent you can get those on 1 day overstay.

Surely someone must have reported him. It doesn't sound like he was stopped randomly.

Do they blacklist a 14 day overstay?

Silly of him really, not to apply for an extension.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Wow....has Interpol been advised?

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

You sound like an absolute dream person to be around with your views on the world! I bet you never stole a chocolate bar from the local shop as a kid!

Pathetic!

Sure, of course it´s pathetic. 2019 we are so modern and understand that people sometimes need or just want to break the laws. At the same time we also understand that we must look upon this with great kindness.

Why should they hang him for some parking tickets? Aren´t people supposed to pay those and they go away?

Do you have something more ridiculous on your mind today?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na said the arrest was in line with immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang's policy and that the public can call 1178 to report violators. 

How would the public know someone was on overstay just by looking at them?

20 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Pathetic!

Thank you for your kind words. I can't believe that some people here seem to believe that a 14 day overstay makes anybody to a gangster. 

Didn't we all do mistakes in our lives? I did. 

What if you've got an accident and can't move, or speak?

Why are other foreigners the biggest enemies of other foreigners?

Aren't we all somehow foreign to this country? 

4 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

A bit over the top for 14 day overstay... if he had a legitimate excuse...but unknown to us.

Why would it be over the top for 14 day overstay? Everybody knows that it´s illigal to overstay a permission to live in a country. I would say it´s better to respect Thai laws instead.

21 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Pathetic!

Is this any worse than RIP OFF taxi and Tuk Tuk drivers even those who assault their passengers...total over reaction.

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

And  how  about  applying all the other  rules also like.....no helmets, no seatbelts, no  licence, drunk, wrong side of the road..............I mean its ALL or  nothing, you cant pick and choose...........oh  wait? That's just how it works

Yes, they can. And if you wish to stay and remain in Thailand, you will have to obey their way of looking at and implementing the law. Not yours?

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Sure, of course it´s pathetic. 2019 we are so modern and understand that people sometimes need or just want to break the laws. At the same time we also understand that we must look upon this with great kindness.

Why should they hang him for some parking tickets? Aren´t people supposed to pay those and they go away?

Do you have something more ridiculous on your mind today?

You should preach to the coppers here instead, they are the biggest organized crime syndicate in the world after all. 

And that's also why no one takes people like you serious. 

2 hours ago, rexall said:

When I get to by tyrant of a small country, I shall nominate you as a charter charter citizen!  Then I can be certain that I can get away with doing exactly what I like, and you will stand behind me chanting deeply meaningful slogans such as "The Law is the Law!" and so forth.

I guess you also do not agree to that it´s important to follow laws. Ok, that´s the kind of society we have created, I guess. A world full of irresponsible child-adults that are blaming everything they can for their own short comings

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, they can. And if you wish to stay and remain in Thailand, you will have to obey their way of looking at and implementing the law. Not yours?

Wow.

Have you volunteered for the Foreign local Gestapo here yet?

You know,  those guys who feel so inadequate that they have to buy a uniform to walk around with local police free of charge, just so they can look and feel IMPORTANT?

Bit close to the bone?

Pathetic.

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Judging by his T-shirt, could well have been working illegally at a dive shop !! Maybe not....

Overstay is overstay though... No real excuse

Wrong, you can forget to do an extension of stay and still be on a short holiday.

It won't be long before they're rounding up and deporting people who've forgot by just a few days.

It takes weeks in prison to be extradited from one province to another and then eventually deported if you're caught on overstay doesn't it?

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

It won't be long before they're rounding up and deporting people who've forgot by just a few days.

It takes weeks in prison to be extradited from one province to another and then eventually deported if you're caught on overstay doesn't it?

What´s wrong with that?

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So many posters make a small thing of this again. trying to put the blame on other people and that it was too many people involved. The thing is that he was breaking the law and they cought him. Good Job! Hope they will ban him for 5 years too. Let it stand as an example for all other that think about doing the same. Out with all the pack that can´t live by the rules.

Who died and made you GOD?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

They published a picture of the arrested man with his face hidden by a blob saying "bye".

Should'nt that be Auf Wiedersehen?

A contingent of immigration and tourist police arrested a 49 year old German man on Koh Samui who had overstayed in the kingdom.

GOSH!

He was on overstay of 14 days.

DOUBLE GOSH!

Master criminal apprehended.

Well done to the Special Ops and SWAT Assault teams.

These sorts of ridiculous reports actually ever get back to the west, its like the Tourist Board load gun, point at foot, pull trigger.

Geez....

Archived