Surat Thani immigration say "bye" to German on overstay

webfact

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

You need a whole contingent just to arrest a person who overstayed for a short 14 days.

Some people do forget the expiry date by few weeks sometimes so they should be more lenient.

What about those reported in the news who overstayed for years? Why didn't they catch those first?

A law that has the same penalty for 1 day as for 365 days
was not written with good intentions.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, marqus12 said:

Did you know that you can buy a watch , any " brand " for 80 baht 

at a market stall ?

Your "tip" would have cost you less 555

Have a mobile phone that shows time. there is a clock in the car, one on the computer as well as one on the motorbike and the cable box and so on.

Now you´re really talking about wasting money for no good reason.

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

You just said, and I quote, "As far as I know, I've only posted that I give them the 100 baht tip after everything is set and ready". This is a bribe. This is illegal. 

Jesus wept. 

Now you at least have to start act like a grown up person that understand the different meanings of words. I will explain it for you:

Bribe: Something given, mostly money, out of the reason that the giver expect something in return.

Gift: Something given out of free will totally unconnected to anything else without expecting something in return.

So, again show me the posts where I, as you post, admitt ot bribing an Immigration Officer. As another option you can, again, stop spreading information that I´ve have not posted.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Now you at least have to start act like a grown up person that understand the different meanings of words. I will explain it for you:

Bribe: Something given, mostly money, out of the reason that the giver expect something in return.

Gift: Something given out of free will totally unconnected to anything else without expecting something in return.

So, again show me the posts where I, as you post, admitt ot bribing an Immigration Officer. As another option you can, again, stop spreading information that I´ve have not posted.

No tips. Tips are bribes and bribes are illegal. 

Wonder what entry visa he had? and did he have a work permit?

Would be a shame if this were to happen to a legitimate tourist on a visa exempt who overstayed by a few days, but most only stay for two to three weeks, it seems it is the ones who "p!$$ take" the visa rules who are being targeted. :clap2:

They could not get Al Capone on racketeering or mobster charges but in the end they got for Tax Evasion... 

23 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

No tips. Tips are bribes and bribes are illegal. 

A tip can not be a bribe, as it is given after the work is finished. If somebody give you change back, and you decide not to take it. That can never be a bribe. It´s onlty a refusal of taking back the change that was offered.

Now show me where I have admitted to bribing an Immigration Officer. (Probably you will just continue talking, because that´s the only thing you can)

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

A tip can not be a bribe, as it is given after the work is finished. If somebody give you change back, and you decide not to take it. That can never be a bribe. It´s onlty a refusal of taking back the change that was offered.

Now show me where I have admitted to bribing an Immigration Officer. (Probably you will just continue talking, because that´s the only thing you can)

B91E9A32-472A-44E7-AD49-2D52B3FA5427.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Wonder what entry visa he had? and did he have a work permit?

Irrelevant, due to that the law states same for overstay disregarding what kind of visa or permission to stay you had before overstaying. Also same if a WP was connected to the now ended visa or permission to stay.

Would be a shame if this were to happen to a legitimate tourist on a visa exempt who overstayed by a few days, but most only stay for two to three weeks, it seems it is the ones who "p!$$ take" the visa rules who are being targeted. :clap2:

Why would it be a shame? Everybody must know that overstay is illegal and something that you shall not engage in. An overstay is same bad if you get caught with 1 day as it is with 285 days.

They could not get Al Capone on racketeering or mobster charges but in the end they got for Tax Evasion... 

That was a while ago, right? Maybe IT have something to do with the change. ????

11 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

B91E9A32-472A-44E7-AD49-2D52B3FA5427.jpeg

So, thta was your answer? What relevance does that have to the discussion. This was about the cost of 1900 baht for getting service at an Immigration Office by an Immigration Officer, and then refuse to take the change of 100 baht they offer in return. The only thing you managed to get right is that it involves Immigration Officers.

The picture you are showing is at an entry point in an airport. Are you supposed to buy anything from an officer there? Are you supposed to pay anything for an exempt entry, or to enter on the visa you already have in your passport?

Answer: No, you are not. Therefore the picture is not relevant to the discussion. If you give a tip here, it would be considered as a bribe because they are not hanlding any money at a passport control regarding normal entry by a person.

Still waiting for you to show me what I asked for, or take back you statement of me addmitting to bribing an Immigration Officer.

7 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, thta was your answer? What relevance does that have to the discussion. This was about the cost of 1900 baht for getting service at an Immigration Office by an Immigration Officer, and then refuse to take the change of 100 baht they offer in return. The only thing you managed to get right is that it involves Immigration Officers.

The picture you are showing is at an entry point in an airport. Are you supposed to buy anything from an officer there? Are you supposed to pay anything for an exempt entry, or to enter on the visa you already have in your passport?

Answer: No, you are not. Therefore the picture is not relevant to the discussion. If you give a tip here, it would be considered as a bribe because they are not hanlding any money at a passport control regarding normal entry by a person.

Still waiting for you to show me what I asked for, or take back you statement of me addmitting to bribing an Immigration Officer.

Immigration are police. Gratuities paid to an officer of the law is a bribe. It’s against the law. 

ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. 

On 10/14/2019 at 4:35 AM, petedk said:

Well done guys. A whole contingent of immigration and tourist police to catch a guy on 14 days overstay.
With a bigger contingent you can get those on 1 day overstay.

Surely someone must have reported him. It doesn't sound like he was stopped randomly.

Do they blacklist a 14 day overstay?

Silly of him really, not to apply for an extension.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A picture I took at the Malaysian Border.

20180223_142924.jpg

On 10/14/2019 at 5:59 AM, The Stranger said:

Actually YES, according to the new rules if the overstayer is arrested in this case is banned for 5 years. I guess it will be up to the judge to decide.

2019-10-14_10-56.png

Check out this picture I took 2 years ago at the Thai/Malaysian Border.

Overstay Warning.jpg

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Immigration are police. Gratuities paid to an officer of the law is a bribe. It’s against the law. 

ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. 

It´s not paid. It´s a refusal of accepting change, which means that the money is given to the office and not a single officer. Mean it´s tip or a gift that is considered to be for coffée and coffée at a break. There would be a difference if you are stopped for drunk driving and take upp your wallet to hand an unknown bunch of money for the officer to let you go. That would be a bribe. I know you have a hard time to see the difference between things. Reality check! The world is not only black and white.

Still waiting for you to show what I asked for.

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

It´s not paid. It´s a refusal of accepting change, which means that the money is given to the office and not a single officer. Mean it´s tip or a gift that is considered to be for coffée and coffée at a break. There would be a difference if you are stopped for drunk driving and take upp your wallet to hand an unknown bunch of money for the officer to let you go. That would be a bribe. I know you have a hard time to see the difference between things. Reality check! The world is not only black and white.

Still waiting for you to show what I asked for.

Stop paying tips and breaking the law. 

25 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Stop paying tips and breaking the law. 

Not breaking the law. Tips is seen illigal in combination with entering the country as in the picture you showedme, that was totally irrelevant to what this thread is about.

There is nothing unlawful in refusing to take the change back for 2000 baht when the price is 1900 baht, due to that it is made after the service is performed.

We can stop there now, because I have asked enough many time and know that you can not produce what I ask for. Next time, do not spread information about me posting things that is not true. Remember that.

12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Not breaking the law. Tips is seen illigal in combination with entering the country as in the picture you showedme, that was totally irrelevant to what this thread is about.

There is nothing unlawful in refusing to take the change back for 2000 baht when the price is 1900 baht, due to that it is made after the service is performed.

We can stop there now, because I have asked enough many time and know that you can not produce what I ask for. Next time, do not spread information about me posting things that is not true. Remember that.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. 

24 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. 

Ok, I will make it easy. Show me that law.

A law that states tip is not allowed on an amount that should be payed, as tip is not to be connected to the thing the word bribe.

39 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Mad as a wasp on a summers day my friend...lol and so is your logic.

Just now, Matzzon said:

Welcome back. ???? Did you wake up now? Hard night?

Yeah,

Had to have a few to get my head around some of your comments, however, the Thais up here think you are hilarious!

So please  ' Carry on Mac Duff '

7 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Mad as a wasp on a summers day my friend...lol and so is your logic.

5 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah,

Had to have a few to get my head around some of your comments, however, the Thais up here think you are hilarious!

So please  ' Carry on Mac Duff '

Just saying like this. I have been posting some today, so you will have a lot to do. Cheers! Can you do that without making personal attacks, please.

40 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

YOU are rather naive, YOU chastise folk here near every day for not following the rule of law, yet YOU are handing money over to paid officials with no receipt given. If I photographed your action YOU would be in deep doo doo.

Now YOU are bringing out the I am  "innocent card" when you obviously are not. YOU are indeed a hypocrite, but I am glad to see you are NOT Peter Perfect, as YOU proclaim...YOU have lost your high horse... ????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

YOU are rather naive, YOU chastise folk here near every day for not following the rule of law, yet YOU are handing money over to paid officials with no receipt given. If I photographed your action YOU would be in deep doo doo.

Now YOU are bringing out the I am  "innocent card" when you obviously are not. YOU are indeed a hypocrite, but I am glad to see you are NOT Peter Perfect, as YOU proclaim...YOU have lost your high horse... ????

You must have a big problem. I will send you a PM next time I go to Immigration and invite you and your camera.

What am I handing over without a receipt. I get a receipt on 1900, hand over 2000. When they wish to give me back, I give a wai and walk towards the door.

17 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, I will make it easy. Show me that law.

A law that states tip is not allowed on an amount that should be payed, as tip is not to be connected to the thing the word bribe.

Please refrain from tipping officials and breaking the law. It makes life for the rest of us foreigners harder. 

Archived