BANGKOK
JH1967

My sister is visiting - where to eat and what to see?

Here's a couple of places which will impress anyone, in my opinion.

Elephant Jungle Sanctuary:

mud-bath-with-elephants-pattaya.jpg.8a7015787690e1c8ff4073679741195e.jpgbathe-with-elephants-pattaya-thailand.jpg.70c76bdb326406ef74bc4d53fc139738.jpgfeed-elephants-pattaya.jpg.323579b47c23822fc9f884c082028c57.jpgfriendly-elephant-pattaya-thailand.jpg.cecf0f5b8e2dc2013900718e58f2a522.jpg

Flight of The Gibbon:

I took my mother here when she was in her late 60's, she absolutely loved it.

949958177_meetjane.jpg.e13f3a716427bb22dd2dc99bb7356970.jpg

1220274406_ziplining.jpg.1f603946253df48e961ee4632cabcc57.jpg

Nice places to eat:

Glasshouse, Na Jomtien

The View, Na Jomtien

Not tried myself, but the Sky Gallery and Chocolate Factory both look great.

If wild life is your thing then there is also the Kow Kiew open Zoo in Siri-cha,the Dolphin show, "monster aquarium" the already mentioned underwater world, also a couple of sheep farms and a bee farm !

So you live here 6 years and dont know where to take sis, are you blind, take her where you've been 5555

The beer garden at the start of walking st has great seaview has a very popular resteraunt with long waits for a table in high season and not expensive.

be careful what beach you choose in koh larn , there are thousands of Chinese. best get the ferry to the side of the island facing pattaya and rent motor bikes to explore the island

• Like 1

Gave up reading half way down...figured she'd be gone back home by the time I got to the end.

Hello

As a very nice spa for massage I would recommend Healthland.. They have excellent therapeutic massages (also of course a lot of others).. For one hour therapeutic massage is 450 bahts which is very reasonable as it is performed by a qualified person with university diploma.. There are 2 centers one on Pattaya Nua road when you come from Sukhumvit on the right hand side around 200 meters from Sukhumvit.. Another center is on Sukhumvit just on your left after Pattaya Tai when you go towards North.. Here for therapeutic massage I would recommend Dr Sukunya.. Receptionist speaks basic english.. It opens at 10 morning.. ph 038412995

Regarding restaurant, english people often like indian food and to eat something different from thai or european restaurants, I would recomend Indian by nature

306/64-68 Thappraya Rd  phone after 5.30 pm 038 364 656

They have genuine fine dining indian food (indian cook, manager and owner) great cosy atmosphere and service .. They have a special Diwali dinner on november 9th with Bolliwood dance performance and set menu..

Big Buddha on the hill and the sanctuary of truth have to be seen.. Show her also some markets (Naklua pattaya Tai for example or Sattahip has a great market on saturdays)

Have a nice day

Take your sister to Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos.  There are many things to see in all three countries and visitors are charged the same as locals.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

Take your sister to Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos.  There are many things to see in all three countries and visitors are charged the same as locals.

No they are not!

Ever been to Angkor Wat ?

Is The Pizza place with live music still on Beach road?

A lot of male tourists get a tailor made suit done. 

What about a tailor made evening dress for her to take back, or if she is still working, maybe some tailor made corporate clothing?

Edited by Leaver

Close by is Cabbages and Condoms restaurant on the sea at end of Pratamnak Soi 4. Crows nest for seating for best view. 

Get her a seafood pizza with squid somewhere (at big restaurant across from Buddha Mountain?), for something new to her.

Small things like the sweet egg pancakes or soup found on food carts.

Being that it's cheap, get her a 4-hands massage.

Leaver: Good idea - I think we will visit Bang Saray already next week when my wifes aunt visits us - i hope we can find a place to buy cocktails as she just loves chatting over a few cocktails (very nice old lady).

The Blue Sky Restaurant & Bar on the beach road at Bang Saray sell cocktails

No trip to Pattaya is complete without taking a lengthy, refreshing swim in the “pristine” waters of the Gulf immediately next to Beach Rd close to Central Plaza.  

A relaxing, evening stroll along the same stretch of beach sand is also “interesting”. 

• Haha 2

Perhaps a knowledgeable member may be able to take her on a guided baht bus tour of all the routes in the district? Shouldn't be expensive.