My sister is visiting - where to eat and what to see?

JH1967

Take a drive out to Map prachan Lake for Sunday lunch.

The Siam Country Club also do a nice lunch with a view over the 18th green.

Take a trip down to Rayong for a looksee.

The coast walk from Pratumnak to Jomtien is nice.

Ruenthai is a great Thai restaurant (2nd Rd, near the Avenue shopping centre) with traditional thai dancers.

11 hours ago, madmen said:

be careful what beach you choose in koh larn , there are thousands of Chinese. best get the ferry to the side of the island facing pattaya and rent motor bikes to explore the island

Yes, avoid Tawaen beach, number of Chinese is unbelievable. You can still catch a ferry to Tawaen if the departure time’s more convenient, then no problem to take a baht bus or motorbike (or even walk) to Samae or Tien beach. 

22 hours ago, Nemises said:

No trip to Pattaya is complete without taking a lengthy, refreshing swim in the “pristine” waters of the Gulf immediately next to Beach Rd close to Central Plaza.  

A relaxing, evening stroll along the same stretch of beach sand is also “interesting”. 

Yes, and be sure to keep the bar bill that has drinks on it that you didn't order as a souvenir, after you are forced to pay it.  ????

On 10/18/2019 at 2:10 PM, bkk6060 said:

I live here and am reading some things I did not know about so it is a good thread.

Someone mentioned Siam CC for lunch.  I tried and they told me to leave as I was not with a member.

Anyway, some good info. and suggestions.

Hi. That was me who suggested Siam CC. 
Last time I ate there was a couple of months ago.

I don’t play golf and I am not a member.

Maybe you could try again and walk in with a 9 iron ????

On 10/14/2019 at 3:24 PM, Leaver said:

Bang Saray Beach at sunset is nice. 

And the seafood restaurants on the village end of the beach are decent as well.

A good day would be to go first to Nong Nuch Gardens.  Then take the road to Bang Saray beach which is quite near the entrance to Nong Nuch, opposite side of the road.  Sunset at the beach or an early dinner at one of the seaside restaurants, watching the sunset from your table.   There are also some restaurants opposite the beach that will set up a table and  serve your dinner on the beach.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, johng said:

the Kow Kiew open Zoo in Siri-cha

One thing  don't do what I did yesterday and go on the weekend (sunday)  there was a 3 kilometre queue to get in to the parking lot !!

price for foreigners is now 250 baht,  150 baht for Thais  80baht per car/truck   its a big place with hills so best to drive around to see the many sights..

beware of the sometimes aggressive free roaming monkeys..far more now than the last time I went.

P_20191020_165834.thumb.jpg.b6467dc211e20d5a1356604dccc5ab5c.jpg

On 10/15/2019 at 11:26 AM, jacko45k said:

Take her to one of the big Ladyboy shows...my sister loved it. Not my scene watching cxcks in frocks prance about and wave their arms a lot, so I got my Thai partner to take her! 

Alcazar is the best one. Book early as it will be full of tour groups.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:47 PM, JH1967 said:

need ideas for:

1. Spa/Wellness

Can do that at home, and probably better. Just take her for a proper Thai massage.

1. Restaurants

On the beach at Naklua

There's a place on Second more or less opposite the Royal Garden hotel and Mall- forget name as usual- Ruen Thai or something. I used to take my GF there to impress her

1. Things to see / places to go

Temple of Truth,

Big Buddha on the hill. 

Little Siam

Re. 2. Restaurants: I have the following on my shortlist:

Thai street food: we will of course eat this several times.

Why? You think she will like carbon monoxide with her meal?

Breakfast on Soi Buakhao for a slice of the real Pattaya. loads of good places down near Central Rd

Re 3. What to see/ where to go?

We will visit Koh Larn - my sister wish to spend a couple of days on the beach - this will be one of them - I have not been there for at least 10 years, so it is time for another visit.

Larn sucks since the Chinese invasion. Don't bother. Take her to Koh Chang for 2 days/ night instead

Sai Kaew beach will probably be the other beach we will visit - this is my favorite beach within close range of Pattaya.

Thepprasit market - I believe this is a good evening market to visit - my sister loves shopping/markets.

Made in Thailand market- I think it goes by a different name now.

Golf in Pratamnak - my sister has started to play golf - i think she should try this 9-hole course which is okay for beginners.

Nong Nooch is a possibility - I have been there several times (with visitors) so I am not that interested. However, this is for my sister, so if she is interested then we will go there.

A must see IMO

Silverlake + big buddha: I think this is a nice, easy and cheap thing to do - as my sister loves wine, I am sure she can be pursuaded to go there.

Definitely

Walking Street: I only go there when i have visitors. Noisy crowded place, but the most famous place in Pattaya - so I guess I have to take her there.

Lucky Star bars have the best view from an armchair

Where else to go? /what else to see? We have a car so getting around is not an issue.

Take a train ride to the end and a songtheaw back, just for the experience. 20 baht or something and a great view.

If you want to get really into it, go to the Pattaya Orphanage.

On 10/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, madmen said:

The beer garden at the start of walking st has great seaview has a very popular resteraunt with long waits for a table in high season and not expensive.

be careful what beach you choose in koh larn , there are thousands of Chinese. best get the ferry to the side of the island facing pattaya and rent motor bikes to explore the island

The Beer Garden is where the free lance hookers go, and it's so dark you can't see what you are eating. Plenty of better lit places along the street on the seaward side. Right down the Bali Hi end there's a great outdoor restaurant.

Unless she has a m'bike licence and an IDP she can't ride legally and if she has an accident her travel insurance won't cover her.

If absolutely have to go to Larn, be careful what ferry go on. One is a rip off with a shoddy boat, costs about 200 baht. Take the normal ferry.

I really advise not to go. it's awful.

• 4 weeks later...

Take her up to Chon Buri to hold the tigers and get her picture taken. Then out into the zoo to interact with the animals. Western zoos don't allow this much as they worry about law suits and idiots.

Could combine this with Nong Nooch on the way back. She may enjoy the elephant shows.

You could also take her on a day trip train ride to Auttaya to see the ruins.

On 10/24/2019 at 3:24 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

The Beer Garden is where the free lance hookers go, and it's so dark you can't see what you are eating. Plenty of better lit places along the street on the seaward side. Right down the Bali Hi end there's a great outdoor restaurant.

Unless she has a m'bike licence and an IDP she can't ride legally and if she has an accident her travel insurance won't cover her.

If absolutely have to go to Larn, be careful what ferry go on. One is a rip off with a shoddy boat, costs about 200 baht. Take the normal ferry.

I really advise not to go. it's awful.

The Beer Garden is used by many non hookers and has sea views. The working girls there are free lancers and often not full time. My 'respectable' Thai friends drink there and at other places where there are bar girls. It is simply not an issue for normal people.

Archived