A kafkaesque Nightmare- The new E Visa System

8 minutes ago, bslmh said:

Supposed to do so Yes !

but as I previously said, i’ll use an agent which will provide the whole thing, no other choice for me 

What makes you that desperate to go back to Thailand? It must be something really special to put yourself through this excrement. Agent or not, it is humiliating.

Edited by baboon

1 hour ago, baboon said:

What makes you that desperate to go back to Thailand? It must be something really special to put yourself through this excrement. Agent or not, it is humiliating.

What is humiliating is their website!  I am not desperate to go back to Thailand. I have been going there for more than thirty years thanks to the visa exemption.  it's just that I'm facing this visa application for the first time and that this site is not working as it should, that's all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bslmh said:

Supposed to do so Yes !

but as I previously said, i’ll use an agent which will provide the whole thing, no other choice for me 

The agents still apply using the Evisa website. They simply charge for the privileged for doing it for you. Travel agents register on the website so as to do multiple applications.

Edited by Lovethailandelite
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The agents still apply using the Evisa website. They simply charge for the privileged for doing it for you. Travel agents register on the website so as to do multiple applications.

Obviously I know that 

but if I can’t DIY...

1 minute ago, bslmh said:

Obviously I know that 

but if I can’t DIY...

At these prices, get somebody to do it who is familiar with file uploads etc

• Type
  • Service
  • Consular Fee
  • Handling Fee From
  • Total From
  • Single entry, 3 months
  • Next day
  • £30.00
  • £100.00 + £20.00 VAT
  • £150.00
  • Multi entry, 6 months
  • Next day
  • £150.00
  • £100.00 + £20.00 VAT
  • £270.00

1 minute ago, Lovethailandelite said:

At these prices, get somebody to do it who is familiar with file uploads etc

• Type
  • Service
  • Consular Fee
  • Handling Fee From
  • Total From
  • Single entry, 3 months
  • Next day
  • £30.00
  • £100.00 + £20.00 VAT
  • £150.00
  • Multi entry, 6 months
  • Next day
  • £150.00
  • £100.00 + £20.00 VAT
  • £270.00

Thanks but I’m applying in France !

I’m paying : visa fee : 70€

Agent : 59€

Sending pp+paperwork : 29€

Posting/return pp : 29€

Total : 187€

If I do everything by myself (admitting that I get there, and not counting the time spent) visa fee 70 €.  two return to Paris: 100 €, I don’t lose that much ...

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Maybe you filled the application form out incorrectly .

Tick being married  , state you want to visit your wife and just for 59 days 

With all respect, may I suggest you to register on this bs website (first hassle), then you can simulate applying for a non O “marriage” visa, then you will see the only option is the one I showed “visiting or staying with applicant’s family residing in Thailand) it’s a drop down menu (I don’t know the right name in English)

The two other options are 50+yo, and “Participant in a humanitarian mission / volunteering”

…about dealing with agents, they say they can’t apply for “marriage visa” anymore, so I asked for 50+ yo

6 minutes ago, bslmh said:

With all respect, may I suggest you to register on this bs website (first hassle), then you can simulate applying for a non O “marriage” visa, then you will see the only option is the one I showed “visiting or staying with applicant’s family residing in Thailand) it’s a drop down menu (I don’t know the right name in English)

The two other options are 50+yo, and “Participant in a humanitarian mission / volunteering”

…about dealing with agents, they say they can’t apply for “marriage visa” anymore, so I asked for 50+ yo

He is correct. You do not select a visa. You select a reason to visit and the system selects the correct visa.
visiting or staying with applicant’s family residing in Thailand is the correct option.

6 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

He is correct. You do not select a visa. You select a reason to visit and the system selects the correct visa.
visiting or staying with applicant’s family residing in Thailand is the correct option.

Anyway, the system showed invalid purpose of visit ! 

6D7AC9CA-559E-417D-8413-7EA1E90C1160.png

5 minutes ago, bslmh said:

Anyway, the system showed invalid purpose of visit ! 

6D7AC9CA-559E-417D-8413-7EA1E90C1160.png

Go into the pending application folder. Delete ALL the pending files and OK them. If you don't ok each file, they will not delete. Log out, and then log in again. Check back in the folder and make sure the files are deleted. If they are all gone, start the application again

6 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Go into the pending application folder. Delete ALL the pending files and OK them. If you don't ok each file, they will not delete. Log out, and then log in again. Check back in the folder and make sure the files are deleted. If they are all gone, start the application again

Thanks, I’ve Tried everything and I don’t want bothering anymore, the agent will do it better...

I just hope they will improve their app...

3 minutes ago, bslmh said:

Thanks, I’ve Tried everything and I don’t want bothering anymore, the agent will do it better...

I just hope they will improve their app...

Honestly, the website is fine.It works on a default basis. If you have had multiple attempts it will default back to a previous selection. The problem your having are the pending files I spoke about. Until you clear them, you will continue to have issues.
Good luck anyway.

22 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Honestly, the website is fine.It works on a default basis. If you have had multiple attempts it will default back to a previous selection. The problem your having are the pending files I spoke about. Until you clear them, you will continue to have issues.
Good luck anyway.

Thanks again for your kind advices.

I will show below the last attempt, as you can see on the first screenshot everything is erased (or am I missing something ?)

then, step 1, ok

then still blocked on step 2, can’t go further !

39B76DB7-1ECC-4CC5-A8D2-429E44AABB20.png

B4B942FF-7E72-45F0-8C07-D9CB89B6E391.png

Where it says status completed, You need to change to incomplete then delete the files as instructed. That is looking for completed applications. I have just tried the site and it is working fine. I cannot see what you are doing wrong as I am here 6500 miles away. On the first page, you are not attempting to fill in the box requesting resident status by any chance? If you are French with a French passport, you ignore that check box. Leave it blank.Your passport upload when you first started tells the system you are French until later in the application when it will ask and you to fill it in.

9 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Just to show you that the site is working fine and I am not wasting your time. I really do know how this E visa and software works

evisa family multi.jpg

Thank you  for wasting your time !

anyway it’s no way for me now but an agent will do the job

good luck to all applicants

8 minutes ago, bslmh said:

Thank you  for wasting your time !

anyway it’s no way for me now but an agent will do the job

good luck to all applicants

No. I said I did the screenshot so as you do not think I am wasting your time! and to show the Evisa site is working perfectly.

• Like 1