OK, Looks Like Im going to Boolilam

Nyezhov

I think Im going to roll up this weekend. Take the train up, maybe fly back, go see Boolilam vs Tharooah on Sunday at 6pm and then Manu Vs Liverpool at 22:30...

So it looks like the Best Western is where I should go, unless you Boolilamitzers have a better place without paying USA prices. 

I havent been to Boolilam since maybe 2009? And that was just for a night which included alcohol induced vomiting.

Anything I shouldnt miss? I want to take some savagely awesome pics of something. How are the Khmer ruins? Pics are a priority and I gots all day Saturday and Sunday and lots of batteries and cards. 

Where be the good food at, viz street, shopfront or tres chic?

Who has a fav sports watching pub?

Where be the bed warmers?

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

31 minutes ago, trucking said:

The Khmer ruins at Phnom Rung are probably the best in Thailand. Worth a visit if you like that sort of thing.

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ phanom rung castle

I am. Nice pic. Im going there. That should kill Saturday.

Jimmy's Sports Bar is just across the road and down a bit to the right. Max 5m walk from Best Western,

Paddy's Bar is a bit further afield.

Lively market is 1km from the hotel, a 12 minute walk (unless you stop off at Jimmy's en route).

For street food I have found the food market adjacent to the football ground to be very acceptable. 

https://www.facebook.com/JimmysBuriram/

https://www.facebook.com/paddys.buriram

https://www.facebook.com/livelymarket/

The best place in town for food, sports on TV and a lively atmosphere is London Steak. From the Best Western it is about a 15 minute walk. You would need to go the route past the bus station, turn right at the traffic lights and then go straight on for a further 1km. London Steak is on the left opposite the Isuzu Showroom.

On route here are also quite a few good hotels with favourable prices. Sita Princess, Ray and the Qoo, to name a few.

If it was me looking for places I would decide on the Ray Hotel. Good rooms, good prices, a decent breakfast, nice swimming pool and a quiet location.

Tickets for the Buriram match can be had on the day. 150b in the main stand. You'll need to hire a car, with or without driver, to get to Panon Rung. Kao Kradong, extinct volcano, just south of the Chang Arena. Good views of the region as its very flat.

32 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Tickets for the Buriram match can be had on the day. 150b in the main stand. You'll need to hire a car, with or without driver, to get to Panon Rung. Kao Kradong, extinct volcano, just south of the Chang Arena. Good views of the region as its very flat.

I was actually going to get one of those 600 baht VIP seats, do it on line. I guess the hotel can hook me up with a driver, unless I start to make friends as I get off the train. There always a dude who wants to hustle for some money.

Im going to stroll over to Hua Lamphong and get some train tickets tomorrow

25 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I was actually going to get one of those 600 baht VIP seats, do it on line. I guess the hotel can hook me up with a driver, unless I start to make friends as I get off the train. There always a dude who wants to hustle for some money.

VIP seats, never known anyone use them. I'll be interested on your thoughts about them. Technically if the lads win and Brazil Rai loose we're champs. BTW the main entrance is modelled on Stamford Bridge.

29 minutes ago, tso310 said:

VIP seats, never known anyone use them. I'll be interested on your thoughts about them. Technically if the lads win and Brazil Rai loose we're champs. BTW the main entrance is modelled on Stamford Bridge.

I was looking at the seats online, seems that most of the VIPs are sold out. Wonder how the sight lines are would be fun to take some pics. Its hard at PAT stadium because the lights are bad. The Lions are coming to town, the trophy is coming to Khlong Toei!

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

OP's probably got alcohol poisoning by now.

Naw, only had two after a steak dinner for the Man U game.

2 hours ago, HLover said:

Did the locals enjoy your clown show?

I dont know, was your girlfriend a local?

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Even the OP wouldn’t resort to claiming lack of VAR cost his team the game.

it was a really enjoyable game! Nice venue. I had seats right on the center line 29 rows up. Lots of Port fans there, Ill go up again next season, fun time. Ruins were great too.

51 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Naw, only had two after a steak dinner for the Man U game.

I dont know, was your girlfriend a local?

it was a really enjoyable game! Nice venue. I had seats right on the center line 29 rows up. Lots of Port fans there, Ill go up again next season, fun time. Ruins were great too.

ไฮไลท์ บุรีรัมย์ ยูไนเต็ด พบ การท่าเรือ เอฟซี | ไ…: https://youtu.be/UeDXX4QEdSI

Not sure if that video link works. Close but both onside as far as I could see. Looked a good crowd... 30,000+ ?

19 hours ago, Jip99 said:

ไฮไลท์ บุรีรัมย์ ยูไนเต็ด พบ การท่าเรือ เอฟซี | ไ…: https://youtu.be/UeDXX4QEdSI

Not sure if that video link works. Close but both onside as far as I could see. Looked a good crowd... 30,000+ ?

https://thethaiger.com/thai/sport-th/thai-football-th/thai-league-th/หรือไม่ล้ำจริงๆ-ธีรยุทธ์-บัญหนองสา-วิเคราะห์จังหวะปัญหา-บุรีรัมย์-ยูไนเต็ด-3-1-การท่าเรือ-เอฟซี

Barazite.jpg.73f2914914f21d6a744bba63ea646859.jpg

16 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Official attendance was 32538. Last games next Saturday. Buriram away at bottom club Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai away at Suphanburi

Well as a Port guy, got to root for Buriram. Ill be at the Port match next week.

Archived