Canadian Visit Visa for Thai National

Recently we got my wife her 6th visit visa for Canada. They now give 10 year visit visas, or the validity of the passport. The last 3 times the process has been online, and it is just as arduous and complex as ever. And now, because biometrics are required for Canada, it means an trip down to Bangkok for that purpose only. They use a third party service called VFS Global, as do several other countries. The office is on Sukhumvit Soi 13, The Trendy Building. It seems quite disorganized at first, but was actually rather organized, and we were in and out within 20 minutes, but a prior appointment is essential. Anyway, they don't make it any easier, but we got it done...again. 

We applied online. It was 4 weeks from the time we applied online, to receiving a notice to go to Bangkok to do the Biometrics, making the appointment for a week later for the Biometrics, completing the Biometrics, getting the notice to send the passport in, sending it in, receiving it back with visa inserted. 

22 hours ago, lampangguy said:

We applied online. It was 4 weeks from the time we applied online, to receiving a notice to go to Bangkok to do the Biometrics, making the appointment for a week later for the Biometrics, completing the Biometrics, getting the notice to send the passport in, sending it in, receiving it back with visa inserted. 

Ah ok thanks. I’ve applied for two tourists visas before and after doing the biometrics we just were told it was approved and the visa is in the form of an ‘e visa’ as in, no entry in my wife’s passport. This makes me ask, are they now requiring the passport to be sent in ?  We never had to before . I’m guessing the Australian Embassy is a little different that may explain it.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:54 AM, Ooladolla said:

Ah ok thanks. I’ve applied for two tourists visas before and after doing the biometrics we just were told it was approved and the visa is in the form of an ‘e visa’ as in, no entry in my wife’s passport. This makes me ask, are they now requiring the passport to be sent in ?  We never had to before . I’m guessing the Australian Embassy is a little different that may explain it.

The Canadian embassy has physically required my wife's passport (to insert the visa in it) for each of her previous 5 visit visas including the last one. 

Archived