Pattaya: Two seriously injured after driver stops to relieve himself

webfact

Pattaya: Two seriously injured after driver stops to relieve himself

9pm.jpg
Picture: Pattaya Update News

Pattaya Update News reported that a 6 wheel truck went into the back of a ten wheeler parked at the side of Route 36 (Krathing Rai to Rayong road) at 1.30 am at the weekend. 

Suthin, 42, suffered head injuries and his wife Netchanok, 45, a leg injury. Both had to be cut out by rescue services and were rushed to hospital. 

Jirawat, 57, - the driver of the ten wheeler - said he had stopped to urinate by the side of the road. 

73042011_1152027258321941_4150685407358484480_n.jpg
Picture: Pattaya Update News

When he heard the crash the shock caused him to urinate on himself and fall over.

He rushed back to his vehicle to see what had happened before alerting the authorities. 

No mention was made in the story of what the police might do concerning this accident. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-14

2 minutes ago, webfact said:
When he heard the crash the shock caused him to urinate on himself and fall over.

He rushed back to his vehicle to see what had happened before alerting the authorities. 

Let the games begin ....

If only drivers of 6 wheelers weren't "asleep at the wheel"
Now having said that there could be other causes...like the 6 wheeler didnt have head lights and the 10 wheeler didnt have reflective material stuck on the rear (maybe just a Rambo or Serpico mud flap)

Anything remotely associated with Thais driving and knowledge of their highway code is an absolute deadly farce. The majority have not got a scooby doo of the rules and regulations and those that do the majority have no respect for them. The Government can introduce new laws but they are ignored and not enforced by their Keystone Cop police force...........AMAZING THAILAND

6 minutes ago, LoS itaint said:

Anything remotely associated with Thais driving and knowledge of their highway code is an absolute deadly farce. The majority have not got a scooby doo of the rules and regulations and those that do the majority have no respect for them. The Government can introduce new laws but they are ignored and not enforced by their Keystone Cop police force...........AMAZING THAILAND

Parking in the middle of a busy street so the wife does not have to walk more than twenty feet into a shop i see far to often. About 90% of Thais would have their cars taken away in most countries. That is about the common sense of a brick and that is why Thailand is the most dangerous place in the world on the roads. I always wonder where the police are. If they did their jobs they could be some of the richest people in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Parking in the middle of a busy street so the wife does not have to walk more than twenty feet into a shop i see far to often. About 90% of Thais would have their cars taken away in most countries. That is about the common sense of a brick and that is why Thailand is the most dangerous place in the world on the roads. I always wonder where the police are. If they did their jobs they could be some of the richest people in Thailand.

Yesterday BEACH ROAD Jomtien many cars/trucks DOUBLE parked....causing a big hazard were there any Police about NO NO NO.....!!!!

Well the custom of truck drivers to stop in the most dangerous places on the highway, without lights at night to take a nap or a pisciatina is really without equal, where is the police?
Here it would really serve, I don't think that in Thailand you can stop wherever you want!

6 hours ago, LoS itaint said:

come on, admit it, you just dont understand thainess

6 hours ago, 30la said:

Well the custom of truck drivers to stop in the most dangerous places on the highway, without lights at night to take a nap or a pisciatina is really without equal, where is the police?
Here it would really serve, I don't think that in Thailand you can stop wherever you want!

You know, that makes a bit of sense.  If the guy was stopping to take a nap or take a wiz, they might pick the darkest least well lighted place they could find.  But still, unless it is a blind curve, kind of hard to not see a big truck on the side of the road.  Unless, gee let me think, upcoming drivers driving too fast, not paying attention, looking at their smart phones, drunk, etc

17 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

If they did their jobs they could be some of the richest people in Thailand.

They do their job...but .. 

their job has nothing to do with the Highway Code;
they have never been formed for that;
their job consists of.........so watch the news on the national TV channels in the morning, the 3 and 7 you will see what the police in Thailand do; go get to the bottom of nowhere a guy who has dumped his neighbor because he was amphetamine shoote or help old people to do this or that, stop the multiple thieves of motorcycles or stores that sell gold ..

There has never been a road police in Thailand;
current police officers are no more aware of the rules of the road than other road users and drive as badly as they are.
One day the government will have to look into the issue ...

The police dont follow the rules why should we expect the general public too especially when they have their lucky charms to protect them.police nearly knocked my wife, son and me down yesterday as we crossed the road, he was driving up a slip road on oneway road. When i confronted him he said i go there thats were i work. Told him no excuse he is traffic police he needs to follow the rules he turned and made a speedy retreat when i asked my wife for the mobile to take a picture

14 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

They do their job...but .. 

their job has nothing to do with the Highway Code;
they have never been formed for that;
their job consists of.........so watch the news on the national TV channels in the morning, the 3 and 7 you will see what the police in Thailand do; go get to the bottom of nowhere a guy who has dumped his neighbor because he was amphetamine shoote or help old people to do this or that, stop the multiple thieves of motorcycles or stores that sell gold ..

There has never been a road police in Thailand;
current police officers are no more aware of the rules of the road than other road users and drive as badly as they are.
One day the government will have to look into the issue ...

I saw a car the other day that was marked highway police

43 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

No job is easy, let me know if anyone knows?

And "what" do you mean by that? To me- it's simply a question of common sense. When a person- especially driving a truck pulls over (and the question is whether the vehicle is actually off the road) for whatever reason(s), and it is dark...AND God knows if the vehicle is actually in the road itself....to me, it's -as always a lack of common sense. And obviously, many lack that in Thailand.

"When" you become a weapon for your stupidity that results in the death(s) of  innocent people, then quite frankly YOU are going to jail. I welcome any Thai comments to debate such:)

Here is Thainess, this truck would not be allowed to operate in a 1st

world country with the windshield like this, or the pickup with a box full

of people like the 2nd picture. Face it Thailand is a 3rd world country

and will not change. All sorts of accidents happen in Thailand that are far less

frequent in countries with laws that are enforced.

Geezer

Thai truck window.jpg

Family sedan.jpg

Archived