Jump to content

CM Condo Rentals through the Roof!


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

How's living with mommy in the UK? thats a good woman that gives her son a safety net when things go pear shaped ☺

 

I don't like CM your right but a mate from oz said he wanted a month in CM And a month in bkk but I switched him from CM to Jomtien where he gets a great seaview and all the fun in pattaya very close

Oh really .

And there was me thinking that you were lying about looking for a place to live in CM .

   I should have known that you were looking for a mate and not for yourself and I mistakenly thought that you were making it all up because you hate CM .

 

     

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I look at condos for rent in Chiang Mai, I notice that since 2012 prices have gone down for the same/similar units.  This includes Punna, Unique, Mountainfront and Mountainview. Same prices

Look at the facebook marketplace property rentals in Thai, very cheap. Decent places from 2,500bht.   https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/507181329858436/   https://www.

in the coming months you should be paid to live in CM. 

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Odd that you would be looking for condo

given his complaints i think your right.

 

if you dont like neighbors, thin walls or being boxed in its time for a house or villa. house safety is not a major concern in thailand. you also sans the jack off security guy, admin staff etc which makes it feel much more independent and you can get stuff done without being pestered or urinated on.

Edited by fhickson
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are less foreigner tenants able to commit for a long term rental unit because of strong bht and due to ongoing various stricter new visa requirements.

This brings rents down and also brings sales of new condos to slowdown.

So I doubt rents are going up in CM. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

There are less foreigner tenants able to commit for a long term rental unit because of strong bht and due to ongoing various stricter new visa requirements.

This brings rents down and also brings sales of new condos to slowdown.

So I doubt rents are going up in CM. 

The housing market is exactly the same

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, deej said:

The housing market is exactly the same

Chiang Mai has thousands of gated community houses standing empty. Chinese buy them, and just sit from there on.

I would suggest to the OP he visits any condo in Chiang Mai that he deems desirable, and look at the notice board every condo has. There will usually be a couple of advertisements by landlords seeking to rent out.

Inspect the room on offer. If it's acceptable, haggle for a 10 - 20% discount on anything above 6 months. IMHO he won't have to wait to long for a new landlord.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deej said:

Presently their is a over supply of Rental Condo.s in Cmai.

Due to very few renters available . to take up  the slack . that has been rising steadily in the past few yrs for a multitude of reasons.

O/P you are in the pole position.  to name your own price that u feel .is a good deal  between both partys.

A  Win .Win situation so to speak.

From my own observations 

most Owners are asking at least 20%  over a Win Win  price

Very best of luck😀

 

 

 

Thank you, DeeJ 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Chiang Mai has thousands of gated community houses standing empty. Chinese buy them, and just sit from there on.

I would suggest to the OP he visits any condo in Chiang Mai that he deems desirable, and look at the notice board every condo has. There will usually be a couple of advertisements by landlords seeking to rent out.

Inspect the room on offer. If it's acceptable, haggle for a 10 - 20% discount on anything above 6 months. IMHO he won't have to wait to long for a new landlord.

Thanks, Lacessit 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have some nice cottage style houses on a private soi we rent out long term.  Three times the size of a small condo with a small yard and quiet area.  Very rarely is there one available.  First thing we ask " you're not a TV member, are you ?"

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rumak said:

We have some nice cottage style houses on a private soi we rent out long term.  Three times the size of a small condo with a small yard and quiet area.  Very rarely is there one available.  First thing we ask " you're not a TV member, are you ?"

Why?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Why?

OK,  I'm just joking.    BUT,  the all too common TV member that posts often on here tends to be 

confrontational and does not seem to get along well with life here in Thailand. These people are definitely no nos for our place.   

We have been renting for over 10 years so I have quite a bit of experience !   Have only had a handful of

problems but they have helped us to choose more wisely.   And I am nicer now too  🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I think you'll find he's joking, Lacessit 😉

jez crist  Stubby !    you got it .   ( but there always is a bit of truth in humor,  na ? )

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Chiang Mai has thousands of gated community houses standing empty. Chinese buy them, and just sit from there on.

 

From my actual experience

More Bangkok investors.

Then Chinese .

Edited by deej
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...