BANGKOK
Stubby

CM Condo Rentals through the Roof!

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

When I was renting, best places were to be found by exploration.

Many sellers / owners do not advertise in the media. Piece of cardboard wired to the gate or post.

Find an area you like, and hit all the back sois.

Best deals around.

Good advice, Canthai55. I have time on my side.

Rumak here:   it is good advice.  Just one thing..... consider the checklist in my post above.   Good to scout around numerous times during the day or days  to get a true idea of what you will encounter in the neighborhood .  And experienced folks here will know that the owners smile when showing may not be the same later on.   

• Like 1

Could it be the mortgages are higher with the electricity rates and the condo fees so you are paying all of that for them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

A little too much info but I get the idea... 

Yes, prices have gone up and most of our currencies have gone down... and during your ten year period, there has been plenty of inflation... the entire housing market here is crazy. Actually, lack of a market. Much of what i see for sale is not selling and is seriously overpriced. I see places for sale for 6MM that I could buy the land and build new for 4 million or less. 

As to rentals, they move along with this unreasonable market. There are older condo buildings here that are near empty and still the rental prices do not drop. I do know a few people who have bargain rentals, but that is not easily found...

For as long as you have been here, you are probably most likely to find a bargain property by asking around, talk with the local ladies at the market... etc etc... good luck.

Reminds me of that time when I had 25k per month to spend on a condo and I walked into the Unique in Nimmanhaemin.

In that building there were about 10-12 nearly identical condos for rent for that exact price, 25k. So much supply, seemed I had hit the jackpot. 

No!

The minimal duration of stay was 3 months and I only needed it for 2 months. I couldn't even convince the reception girl to perhaps, just maybe, reach out to one of the condo owners to see if 2 months could work.

I wasn't able to secure a lease.

Nowadays, these same condos are advertised for 22k-23k....and still empty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Airalee said:

I think those new units you posted a while back (you took a photo while walking around) were probably the best bargain I’ve seen in CM.

I wonder how much it would cost me to get garage parking somewhere in CM.  Even subletting a spot at someone’s condo would be cool.  Don’t want a car in Bangkok but would love to be able to tour northern Thailand in something fun.

plenty of places and fairly reasonable too... directly across from kad suan kaew there looks to be parking lot that probably has monthly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stament said:

Big over supply and more bring built. Renters market, wouldn't buy in a million years in CM.

time goes quickly... a million will be gone in a shot.. hang in there... w/compound interest you should be in great shape by then

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

Reminds me of that time when I had 25k per month to spend on a condo and I walked into the Unique in Nimmanhaemin.

In that building there were about 10-12 nearly identical condos for rent for that exact price, 25k. So much supply, seemed I had hit the jackpot. 

No!

The minimal duration of stay was 3 months and I only needed it for 2 months. I couldn't even convince the reception girl to perhaps, just maybe, reach out to one of the condo owners to see if 2 months could work.

I wasn't able to secure a lease.

Nowadays, these same condos are advertised for 22k-23k....and still empty.

not at all surprising... 

1 hour ago, rumak said:

Those that post that there are lots of houses for  5000 baht really don't understand WHY they are that cheap.   I won't bother to explain....   Rumak

The explanation is very simple.

(Or as you put it. i do not understand)

Supply and Demand

which presently in Cmai is over supply  .little demand.

Has it not occurred to you

that some Landlords are savvy enough. and have read the rental market correctly to accept  a 5000 Baht per month.  1 yr contract

then having a vacant house or condo  getting Zero Baht in return

Little fish  are sweet

Edited by deej
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

not at all surprising... 

Glad it happened.

Made me realise that real estate in this town is all smoke and mirrors and not worth investing in.

5 minutes ago, deej said:

The explanation is very simple.

(Or as you put it. i do not understand)

Supply and Demand

which presently in Cmai is over supply  .little demand.

Has it not occurred to you

that some Landlords are savvy enough. and have read the rental market correctly to accept  a 5000 Baht per month.  1 yr contract

then having a vacant house or condo  getting Zero Baht in return

Little fish  are sweet

You still do not understand.   Supply and demand is equated for  EQUAL  commodities.   I gave a very simple and concise explanation pointing out the different factors involved that can differentiate one property from another.   I do agree that landlords should know what the true value of their property is and that many don't.   I do not think I am in that group as we have had a 95% occupancy rate over 10 years.   Many many houses the same size that are a little cheaper are that way for a reason.  And yes,  there are many of them available.   My tenants have friends asking them if one of our places is for rent.   There are bargains out there.  Ours is not the cheapest,  but that does not mean it is not a bargain  🙂

1 hour ago, Bassosa said:

Unique are available for 13k/month and 15k/month.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/705501153238155/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/581727842358874/

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I only rent from Thais, foreigner landlords always ask double the rent and double the deposit.

Not to mention they're usually renting illegally, managing without a work permit, not declaring income and paying tax, etc.

I must have a jewel of a landlord, then. I have a lease to satisfy Immigration. Been renting from him for 10 years now, 46 sqm. Swimming pool. No security deposit. I pay 25,000 baht in advance for 3 months rental. No receipts, all based on mutual trust. You may be right about the income tax situation, none of my business.

His agent repairs or replaces anything that goes kaput in the condo, free. The landlord is a Brit.

Then again, he knows I will look after his property as if it was my own.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You may be right about the income tax situation, none of my business.

And more importantly he ( bm2) may be wrong.   Just  a broad senseless allegation made to tarnish others.

2 hours ago, rumak said:

You still do not understand.   Supply and demand is equated for  EQUAL  commodities.   I gave a very simple and concise explanation pointing out the different factors involved that can differentiate one property from another.   I do agree that landlords should know what the true value of their property is and that many don't.   I do not think I am in that group as we have had a 95% occupancy rate over 10 years.   Many many houses the same size that are a little cheaper are that way for a reason.  And yes,  there are many of them available.   My tenants have friends asking them if one of our places is for rent.   There are bargains out there.  Ours is not the cheapest,  but that does not mean it is not a bargain  🙂

I have a friend who was renting a huge house off the 121. Could sleep about 20 people. About 2 acres of land, very cheap at 8000 baht/month.

BUT everything was falling to pieces. Cracking walls, leaking pipes, electrical shorts that constantly blew fuses. Especially with the aircons. The house was 15 years old.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rumak said:

You still do not understand.   Supply and demand is equated for  EQUAL  commodities.   

Let.s omit Supply and Demand out  of our discussion . As our views are totally different.

My initial post . was merely  a heads up for the O/P  Topic.

that Housing Propertys in good  livable conditions. are available  on the rental market in Cmai at 5000.Baht per month . 1 yr contract. and confirmed on this thread

Largely due to the Land Lord.s  reading the present rental  market correctly.

And are  prepared  to   lower  their monthly rental fee accordingly. to a Win. Win  sitiuation 

As for your rental property.s

etc etc  the very best of luck to you.

Sincerely wish it continue.s😀

Edited by deej
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, deej said:

My initial post . was merely  a heads up for the O/P  Topic.

that Housing Propertys in good  livable conditions. are available  on the rental market in Cmai at 5000.Baht per month . 1 yr contract.

And i was merely pointing out that there are usually reasons why a property is renting for a very low price.

The OP mentions that he has certain requirements for what he would rent ( is a discerning renter not just a cheap one).   My post was not intended to be boastful and sorry if it came across as such.   But i still think your point of supply and demand is absolutely correct .   There are millions of  women available but there is a reason why some are more in demand than others.  I think the same can be said about places to live .

• Like 1