Jomtien Immigration still asking for the 3 months proof of the 800K?

giddyup

1 hour ago, Peterhua said:

I thought you were willy waving on another similar topic about how this ruling wouldn't affect you because you have so much money in the bank?

You want to show me where I said that? Besides, what does how much money I have in the bank have to do with Immigrations requirement? I'm not sure you even know what this thread is about.

3 hours ago, HHTel said:

I always assumed that a 90 day report was done automatically when you apply for an extension.  It's certainly been the case in all the years I've been here.  Sync'ing in that case is already done.

Wrong. The 90 day report has nothing to do with the extension of stay. I made the mistake of thinking this when I did my first extension ten years ago, and was fined accordingly for a late report.

5 hours ago, HHTel said:

When will there be some uniformity among immigration offices?  Do they ever look outside their own little box?

Has Jomtien, for instance, looked around the rest of the country, realising they're the only ones doing this madcap exercise and wonder that maybe they have it wrong.

The stupidity is unbelievable. 

Yes, the stupidity of some is unbelievable.

My experience for several years is Chonburi is one of the better/most efficient offices.

They are actually following the rule.

They have nothing wrong on this issue.....

20 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

My experience for several years is Chonburi is one of the better/most efficient offices.

The problem is even Jomtien isn't consistent, some get the letter to show the bank update after 3 months, some don't. It also seems that those who use an agent to obtain their extension are exempt, for obvious reasons.

23 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I agree, if you have the correct documents and stay away from Jomtien Immigration Mon-Tue in the morning, you're in an out in no time. 

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The problem is even Jomtien isn't consistent, some get the letter to show the bank update after 3 months, some don't. It also seems that those who use an agent to obtain their extension are exempt, for obvious reasons.

Who cares about morons paying 15-20k for an extension? I gladly pay my 1900 baht and go there 90 days later, and I'm doing my 90 days report at the same time. So, it's not really a waste of time. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

Who cares about morons paying 15-20k for an extension? I gladly pay my 1900 baht and go there 90 days later, and I'm doing my 90 days report at the same time. So, it's not really a waste of time. 

My point is that they pick and choose on who to enforce their regulations, which is totally wrong, and you still have to do a side visit to the bank to get the passbook updated, and only a teller can do mine, sometimes requiring a lengthy wait. Not the end of the world, but the same rule should apply to all.

3 hours ago, Beggar said:

90 days is completely independent of the extension. You have to report every 90 days. It is only reset if you enter the country again. 

Hua Hin automatically update the 90 day report when doing an extension.  Has done all the years I've been here.  I just thought it normal.

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You assumed wrong. Have you never checked the due date on the 90 days slip in your passport? I'm starting to believe you're not doing any 90 days reports at all. Otherwise you would know this. Another thing about the man sitting behind desk 4 at Jomtien Immigration. He's been there a long time, and he checks the old slip, and he always says next due date out loud when handing over the passport with the new slip stapled inside.

Guys.  My (and others in HH) have always had a new 90 day slip when doing their extension.  Seems it's just another Hua Hin thing after reading all your posts.

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

My last 1 year extension in May at Jomtien took 4min. I had the first number when they opened 1pm on a Friday. They opened maybe 45sec late. I gave the woman my 14 documents, she went through them real fast, everything was in order. I sign something twice,gave her 1900 baht and got the number tag for the passport pickup. I stood up and checked my phone, 1:04pm.

Next Monday I got my passport and then did my 90 days report at the same time. Another total of maybe 5 min. I am not complaining over Jomtien Immigration. 

Mmmm you have to go back for your passport.  At Hua Hin, all done while you're there.

5 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you are so smart you would know how to sync your 90 days check with the 90 days report you have to do anyway. Don't ask how to do it. 

Bit of a nuisance but must be done.in and out in a few mins.or pay a visa shop to do it (Think not ) ????

51 minutes ago, Kenchamp said:

I did my 90 day bank book check a couple of weeks ago in Jomtien and the girl made me go and get a copy of something i had forgotten, so i am assuming that copy was needed and some kind of record kept.

You were supposed to have 2 copies from your passport and 2 from the bank book. That's all. 

16 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Learn how to sync the 90 days check with the 90 days report. Then it's not a total waste of time.

Considering it is not even necessary to go there to do the 90 day report I don't see this at all. 

Archived