DHL extracting the urine

starky

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/

Using "shoes" as the description (HS Code 9506.99.0000) gives duty rate as 10% and VAT @ 7%

So all in you should be paying 645 Baht duty and VAT

Something is very wrong here. How were the "shoes" described? Was there an HS code stated?

This "zone shipping fee" seems suss. We need to know what it's all about.

That I will definitely have to look into as the tax I pay is generally 30% but they are classed as athletic shoes. If you are right and I can win the toss against Thai customs, highly unlikely, you may have just saved me 20% on future orders.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

For the past 20 years I've been ordering things (Trainers, football boots, Astro Boots etc) to the UK as follows.

1) Order to parents house and pick them up on biannual visits home.

2) Order to parents house, *have folks ship them to me via regular mail.

3) Never have anything ordered direct to Thailand. 

*My folks will take off the labels, wear them in the garden to slightly soil them, then pack them in a crappy box with a note 'you forgot your shoes' - the privately sent package has never once been intercepted by customs.

That would be nice if I had parents who were alive or I would ever consider letting somone  wearing my shoes before I had. ???? different strokes I guess.

13 hours ago, Tayaout said:

3,259 Baht for your Merrell shoes. 
I paid 503 Baht for these on Lazada last month. From China I know, but I bought them specifically for cycling.

image.png.eeebe1bb440e167b569eee19ef414e58.png

Refusing the order and return to sender doesn't always work.

I ordered a radio antenna last year from the USA, just a small collection of wire and plastic supports.  I told the US company to send it by US post office service because I was well aware of DHL and their 'ransom' tactics.  The company ignored my request and sent it by DHL...

DHL, as expected, kidnapped my wire and plastic and demanded an import licence.  I provided paperwork to show that no licence was required.  DHL refused to budge.  So I told them to return the package to the sender.

Get this!  They refused to return it to the sender in the USA, because they said it needed a Thai export licence, even though it hadn't yet entered Thailand!

I 'abandoned' the package ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

3,259 Baht for your Merrell shoes. 
I paid 503 Baht for these on Lazada last month. From China I know, but I bought them specifically for cycling.

image.png.eeebe1bb440e167b569eee19ef414e58.png

Let see how they look like in 1-2 years.????

At least cycling won't wear them as fast than running.

My Merrel usually last 1-2 year of running and 5 years total. In the other hand my cheap flip-flop made in thailand last max 6 months sometime less. Merrel in Canada are 50% off about once a year. This is Thailand so I paid 1800 baht custom fees over the regular price. My wife could not believe her eye when they came back full of mud the first day of use!

I could not run with your shoes (heel and outsole too thick) but I would use them for cycling but they lack clip. I checked several shopping mall, Langkawi, Lazada and quickly in Vietnam before buying online. Did not see a single barefoot running shoes except Lazada has a couple cheap replica that use the name "barefoot" but they are not. 

Edited by Tayaout

14 hours ago, Tayaout said:

You can wear socks. It has more to do with almost no rubber under the shoe (not sure the correct word) and no arch support. I checked many mall in Bangkok and did not find anything and I've been wearing this model for 7 years so I know the exact size needed. 

Me thinks this is what you're referring to.  "Racing flats, or simply flats, are lightweight athletic shoes designed for "long distance" track and field, cross country, and most often, road races. They differ from normal training shoes mainly by the lack of a substantial heel (hence the name)."

14 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Me thinks this is what you're referring to.  "Racing flats, or simply flats, are lightweight athletic shoes designed for "long distance" track and field, cross country, and most often, road races. They differ from normal training shoes mainly by the lack of a substantial heel (hence the name)."

No not the same: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimalist_shoe

But I see they are very close: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_flat

Edited by Tayaout