Jennifer Aniston: Marvel era is 'diminishing' film industry

snoop1130

Jennifer Aniston: Marvel era is 'diminishing' film industry

skynews-jennifer-aniston-variety_4804195.jpg

Jennifer Aniston says film roles are 'diminishing'

Jennifer Aniston has said the rise in superhero movies means more traditional Hollywood film roles are "diminishing".

The Friends star, speaking in an interview with Variety, said she was not "that interested in living in a green screen" and would "so love to have the era of Meg Ryan come back".

She made the comments after being asked why she had made the decision to return to TV for her new Apple TV Plus series, The Morning Show, with Reese Witherspoon and Steve Carrell.

"It wasn't until the last couple of years when these streaming services were just sort of exploding with this amount of quality that I actually started to think, 'Wow, that's better than what I just did'," Aniston said.

Full Story: https://news.sky.com/story/jennifer-aniston-marvel-era-is-diminishing-film-industry-11835510

8 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I'd take a Marvel film over the <deleted> she has made anytime.

Marvel movies are made for pimply teenagers who aren't interested in either good acting or a decent storyline, just plenty of CGI. They are chewing gum for the brain.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Marvel movies are made for pimply teenagers who aren't interested in either good acting or a decent storyline, just plenty of CGI. They are chewing gum for the brain.

Maybe. But she ain't anywhere close to being a good actress.

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

Have you watched any or just didn't go because you thought they were like a cartoon or comic book ? I am 72 and used to read comics as a kid but these movies are so much more than CGI. The last movie "EndGame" concludes a story line that was 10 years in the making. Containing action , sacrifice, growth over the years of the characters ,love, sorrow , excitement everything a great movie should have  which is why it took in more money than any film ever made

Over the top CGI and special effects won't guarantee a succesful movie but their films are well written and made.

20 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Maybe. But she ain't anywhere close to being a good actress.

She was my least favourite Friends character, but she is right, and wrong.

Marvel films are garbage, but that doesn't mean people can't enjoy them, and the reason Meg Ryan films are not being made so much now is because the financiers don't support that sort of movie any more. They only go for what they consider a sure return. It's all about money now. Greed rules.

5 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Have you watched any or just didn't go because you thought they were like a cartoon or comic book ? I am 72 and used to read comics as a kid but these movies are so much more than CGI. The last movie "EndGame" concludes a story line that was 10 years in the making. Containing action , sacrifice, growth over the years of the characters ,love, sorrow , excitement everything a great movie should have  which is why it took in more money than any film ever made

Over the top CGI and special effects won't guarantee a succesful movie but their films are well written and made.

Endgame was without doubt the worst movie I ever saw in The Marvel universe. However, that was only because I didn't see most of the other awful ones.

Comic books make us imagine the things the illustrations suggest, movies feed us everything so the brain switches off while watching.

Marvel used to make good movies, but it's all CGI and destroying things now.

The superhero thing was fine for a while when it was different. Now they just unpack the same stuff for every movie and paste over the massive plot holes with CGI fireworks.

It is a form of entertainment, but not at all intellectually stimulating.

Hollywood cares about agenda politics and low brow blockbusters. It is very hard to find good shows anymore.

22 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

The superhero thing was fine for a while when it was different. Now they just unpack the same stuff for every movie and paste over the massive plot holes with CGI fireworks.

It is a form of entertainment, but not at all intellectually stimulating.

Hollywood cares about agenda politics and low brow blockbusters. It is very hard to find good shows anymore.

Last  good and interesting film I saw was Ex Machina

9 hours ago, Tony125 said:

I have watched the odd Marvel movie in the hope that there might be a decent plot, alas after watching the latest Spiderman my fears are confirmed. Garbage! The screen is so full of CGI effects that it will give you a headache.

Archived