Unveiling government plan, Queen says priority is to exit EU on Oct. 31

snoop1130

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Lol; In your desperation you failed to consider the decades by which the legislation you think you have ridiculed preceded the Brexit vote ????

Nope.

I pointed out what johnson has to do if he wants an election...simple really.

Parliament has mandated the terms, he knows what he must do.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope.

I pointed out what johnson has to do if he wants an election...simple really.

Parliament has mandated the terms, he knows what he must do.

No, You only pointed out wot you THINK he has to do...

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

...while repeatedly overlooking a historic convention that quite possibly renders the surrender treaty you're clinging to null and void

Parliament has given johnson his options, a role they have been entitled to do for centuries. 

But keep clinging on to your remote possibilities if they help you cope. 

24 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Parliament has given johnson his options, a role they have been entitled to do for centuries. 

But keep clinging on to your remote possibilities if they help you cope. 

Shortly before Uk joined the EU in the 70s they became signatories to a convention containing a clause that protects the likes of BJ when made to walk-the-plank as described. Whether it works or indeed is employed by HMG on this occasion has yet to be seen but no amount of show-boating by 3rd parties will have any effect either way.

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Shortly before Uk joined the EU in the 70s they became signatories to a convention containing a clause that protects the likes of BJ when made to walk-the-plank as described. Whether it works or indeed is employed by HMG on this occasion has yet to be seen but no amount of show-boating by 3rd parties will have any effect either way.

As hmg is a minority coalition, they will do as parliament mandates. 

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

As hmg is a minority coalition, they will do as parliament mandates. 

Whether it works or indeed is employed by HMG on this occasion has yet to be seen but no amount of show-boating by 3rd parties will have any effect either way.

7 hours ago, dunroaming said:

However there seems to be a glimmer of a hope of a deal and that is surely a step in the right direction.  Let's just see how many more concessions Boris is prepared to make to get a deal agreed.

What you see is daylight at the end of a very long tunnel and the risk of tunnel collapse is almost certain be for you get anywhere near the exit, go for the the escape route  "Revoke A50" while you have a chances.

7 hours ago, Letseng said:

And turn the clock back to the days of public executions. This may not be a bad idea. Britain could start fresh without the likes of Boris, Cummings et al.

Treason charges are usually reserved for those who would like the UK ruled by a foreign country.

11 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

so vote to leave ,then lose all the money you get from parliament ,like free prescriptions,free university ,free bridge tolls ,free personal care ,regardless of age  means tested council tax where 500,000 lower income get it free oh and i forgot free dentistry . 

so go on vote to leave and be free ,doubt all the freebies will be in the future though .

now while saying that i have nothing against the Scots ,or the Irish who get free water ,free prescriptions ,or the Welsh who get them free as well ,only England has to pay .

It's actually the Scottish parliament that give us our  "free prescriptions, free university , free bridge tolls , free personal care..........etc". Why should that change if we leave the UK. Scotland has decided that these are our priorities, in the areas we have control over spending. (Dentistry is free BTW, it is only partially subsidized, and not at all for many procedures. Also tuition fees are free at University, not living expenses). Westminster has decided on different priorities for the same devolved matters.

I sympathize with the English, who should have these benefits also,  but if they continue to believe in the lies fed to them by the Tory tabloids, then they will keep voting for the toffscum that exploit them. 

4 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

It's actually the Scottish parliament that give us our  "free prescriptions, free university , free bridge tolls , free personal care..........etc". Why should that change if we leave the UK. Scotland has decided that these are our priorities, in the areas we have control over spending. (Dentistry is free BTW, it is only partially subsidized, and not at all for many procedures. Also tuition fees are free at University, not living expenses). Westminster has decided on different priorities for the same devolved matters.

I sympathize with the English, who should have these benefits also,  but if they continue to believe in the lies fed to them by the Tory tabloids, then they will keep voting for the toffscum that exploit them. 

you have been listening to Krankie,the money  may come from your parliament ,but its given to them by England ,read about it .

and as i have said before i am not English .

5 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I understand the anger in England but my sympathy for their predicament has run dry. England has proven itself to be thoroughly incapable of electing governments that are not parasitic, corrupt and inept. The entire UK has forced to endure a relentless stream of incompetence and the nationalisation of private debt through austerity all because England cannot elect a decent government. 

58 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

you have been listening to Krankie,the money  may come from your parliament ,but its given to them by England ,read about it .

and as i have said before i am not English .

Cluelessness is not defined by your country of birth. 

17 hours ago, evadgib said:

The quoted convention seemingly renders the above irrelevant although my gut feeling is that BJ is trying to put lipstick on a pig by re-hashing May's BRINO.

(I'll keep looking ????)

Unlikely the court would have overlooked the point being raised, time will tell, it usually does.

No doubt that Johnson is getting carried away with the lipstick.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Unlikely the court would have overlooked the point being raised, time will tell, it usually does.

No doubt that Johnson is getting carried away with the lipstick.

Seems I'm not alone re the suspicion of BRINO:

Strange isn't it, after all these years when we've needed the much hated austerity to keep public spending down, the tories have located a supply of Magic money trees to fund brexit?

EG9GFIwX0AExDRA?format=jpg&name=medium

13 minutes ago, tebee said:

Strange isn't it, after all these years when we've needed the much hated austerity to keep public spending down, the tories have located a supply of Magic money trees to fund brexit?

EG9GFIwX0AExDRA?format=jpg&name=medium

The Tories have always been aware of the magic money tree.

Archived