Is Chiang Mai CIty becoming TOO Quiet? Can We Invite Eric Clapton here to Prasert Land to LIVEN things UP, do you THINK?

MisterBleach

If you are not from Chiang Mai, then you do not know just how noisy Prasert Land can be in the Cold Season.

But, since we are just getting out of the Raining Season, I find things here just too quiet.

And so, I wonder, can we get Eric Clapton over here in Chiang Mai to put some energy into our geriatric bones?

Most people here are over 75, as we all know.

I often see 93-year-old farang walking down the street seeking some coffee shop that they lost track of.

So, for these older farang, why can't we invite Eric Clapton over here to give these old farang a bit of excitement before, thankfully, they just might take their last gasp.

Chiang Mai is, unfortunately, known for being some sort of backwater retreat and retirement city for very, VERY old farang.

But, if Eric Clapton could visit this city, then he could help us to establish Chiang Mai as city with a future, like Montreal or Quebec City.

If you have never heard of Eric Clapton, then here is what he sometimes sounds like.   blob:https://www.youtube.com/f1fda6e9-c2dd-4dbc-b4f4-fdb755afb49d

We need more people like Clapton in Chiang Mai, in my opinion.

If He were here, then He would also be able to contribute to the local economy, which is not doing so well these days.

Don't you think?

34 minutes ago, MisterBleach said:

We need more people like Clapton in Chiang Mai, in my opinion

The guy is likely doing the geriatric shuffle himself.. BUT do you even live in Chiang Mai, or just a fun place to troll?!  Uhuh, well get your flippers we  might have a repeat of yesterday, today.

Everyday is the same, for geriatric people, you might think.

However, this is not true.

There are very few young foreigners in Chiang Mai who stay.

I am sure I will stay in Chiang Mai.

And, I plan to have my ashes scattered somewhere around here.

I am not sure if I can have my ashes stored in a local library.  However, since I like to read, then this would be the best place for my remains, I think.

Also, I think that it is very unfortunate that the Doobie Brothers never had the chance to play at Prasert Land.

Do you know Prasert Land?

Prasert Land is just east of CMU, next to the gas station there.

Prasert Land if VERY loud during 10 days in February of every year.

Also, I wonder whatever happened to the Doobie Brothers.

Each and every year, we get blasted with very high decibels from Presert Land.

In just another few months, we will get blasted again.

And so, I just hope that, in addition to Palmy, we can have the Doobie Brothers return to Prasert Land.

21 minutes ago, MisterBleach said:

If true, and I do not doubt it, this is one of the best stories that I have ever heard in Chiang Mai.

If you're talking about my post about Mick Jagger, it was down around Bangkok. But it was a real deal.  My friend played guitar, loved David Bowie stuff.  But Joe had a nerve problem with a finger.  He eventually found an old acupuncturist who fixed him right quick.

28 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

If you're talking about my post about Mick Jagger, it was down around Bangkok. But it was a real deal.  My friend played guitar, loved David Bowie stuff.  But Joe had a nerve problem with a finger.  He eventually found an old acupuncturist who fixed him right quick.

GREAT STORY.

Good!

Thanks.

Invite Neil Young for his 74th birthday next month. His name alone is a whole program. If you can afford it, invite Crazy Horse along. They are releasing a new album together this month (Young's 39th studio album; his 11th with Crazy Horse if I'm not mistaking).

Archived