Change to Extension based on Marriage

Hi

I have an extension based on Retirement. I was planning to change to Extension based on Marriage. Is that possible directly without a new Non Immigrant O.  

I am married with my thai wife abroad. I think I need Letter of Evidence regarding the marriage certificate from my Embassy. Do I also need Kor Ror 2 from local Ampur.

Thanks in advance.

17 minutes ago, CPH said:

I am married with my thai wife abroad. I think I need Letter of Evidence regarding the marriage certificate from my Embassy.

The MFA at CW in Bangkok will probably have to add their stamp to the translation as well. I think the other way is legalise it and get your local Thai Embassy to stamp it, in your home country.

The foreign marriage certificate must be validated by your embassy and then translated to Thai. Then the translation must be legalized by the MFA at Cheang Wattana. Take the original, the translated documents and wife to your local district office and have it registered. You will receive a TM22 form to use at immigration.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

You will receive a TM22 form to use at immigration.

It is a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry issued by an Amphoe.

43 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

The foreign marriage certificate must be validated by your embassy

For some people that is the hardest part of having the foreign marriage registered at an Amphoe. For some people the legalization of the marriage certificate can only be done in their home country.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry issued by an Amphoe.

For some people that is the hardest part of having the foreign marriage registered at an Amphoe. For some people the legalization of the marriage certificate can only be done in their home country.

That is what i had to do ,luckily i was on holiday and did it then ,first at Milton Keynes ,then the Thai embassy in London ,both by post ,only took a few days in both cases ,however i have heard on here that it takes a good bit longer if doing it from Thailand (and costs more)

the other bits here in the British embassy and at Cheang Wattana i got an agent to do ,same with the translation ,at the end of the day it would have cost me as much by the time i drove to BKK and did it myself.

• Thanks 1

As we get older, we need to think about wealth preservation and not just generation. Thus, a certain portion of our portfolio should be in secured cash deposits. Unless your home country offers better interest rates, you might as well keep some cash in a Thai bank and at the same time, enjoy the least troublesome way of continuing to stay here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect