BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Trump ex-Russia adviser Fiona Hill testifies in impeachment inquiry

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Trump ex-Russia adviser Fiona Hill testifies in impeachment inquiry

Likely as a follow-up witness to be called - John Bolton.

The White House's alleged effort to pressure Ukraine so alarmed former National Security Adviser John Bolton that he instructed his aide Fiona Hill to notify a National Security Council lawyer. 

Trump claims he fired Bolton while Bolton claims he resigned. Don't expect Bolton to be gentle about Trump's claims of innocence in this dark ops action.

1 minute ago, rgraham said:

No Republicans allowed, kangaroo court.

There are Republicans sitting on all the Congressional Committees investigating Trump.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are Republicans sitting on all the Congressional Committees investigating Trump.

Plus it is an investigation, not a court.

Just remember - no one prevents a witness who can exonerate them from testifying.

6 hours ago, JCauto said:

They conceded nothing of the sort. The "no quid pro quo" was a direct quotation from Trump. Sorry pal, but the accused claiming "no quid pro quo" then his flunkies writing that down verbatim, then the transcript being used as "evidence" that there was no quid pro quo is quite a stretch even for Trumpers. 

The idiot trump apologist are in full force. I applaud your efforts at trying to set out the facts. 

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The idiot trump supporters don't care. They want to be outraged at the fake news spoon fed to them by Faux news. 

11 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Beyond all ridiculousness. If the dems wanted to make this any more farcical, well, they couldn't.

They now concede there was no "quid pro quo" (as we clearly heard from the released transcripts) but are blundering on regardless.

If by 'they' you mean 'the dems' then they have conceded no such thing. As for the transcript of Trump's phone call, it's true that it does not explicitly mention a quid pro quo but it doesn't 'clearly' rule it out either. The part where Zelensky talks about wanting to buy more Javelins and Trump immediately follows that with, "I would like you to do us a favour, though," is highly suggestive of a quid pro quo.

And while one of the texts from Gordon Sondland did indeed use the phrase, "no quid pro quo," simply saying that something isn't so, doesn't make it not so - and it now emerges that that whole text was dictated to Sondland by Trump anyway.

4 hours ago, atyclb said:

glad i have hobbies

Building card houses and straw men are hardly worthy hobbies.

4 hours ago, atyclb said:

glad i have hobbies

Sir when a conman criminal (imo) is in charge of my country blowing up alliances getting our allies killed fermenting division and race hatred In my country sucking up to hostile foreign powers doing his level best to tear up the constitution I set my hobbies to the side and pay attention very close attention indeed 

Troll post and reply removed. 

3 hours ago, Tug said:
8 hours ago, atyclb said:

glad i have hobbies

Sir when a conman criminal (imo) is in charge of my country blowing up alliances getting our allies killed fermenting division and race hatred In my country sucking up to hostile foreign powers doing his level best to tear up the constitution I set my hobbies to the side and pay attention very close attention indeed 

pardon me "tug" for delayed response but i had to tug something